• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Snow

usami

biohazard
Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I love snow on the fact that i was blessed wit 13+ inches i had no shcool for 2 days *should have been 3* i like snow up until you have to shovel it v_v;;. i heard about a snowtorm in canada once actually it was ice it was on the weather channel im not sure if thats the one frostweaver was speaking of tho.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *that is the icestorm of 1998 in Toronto and Montreal area (latiosspud and Lightning's place ^_^; ), and he is not affected by it*

Last edited:
    Years
  • frostweaver said:
    *that is the icestorm of 1999 in Toronto and Montreal area (latiosspud and Lightning's place ^_^;), and he is not affected by it*
    It was the winter of 1997-1998 not 1999 and it also affected Northeast United States.

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
  • Muffin Man said:
    Im just glad that our school weren't the only one!
    But- still i'd rather have had a day off!
    BTW did you see the blizzard last night in your area???
    Urrr...I think we have Powder Snow instead...
    But there is still a lot of snow on our grass pitches.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Kairi said:
    To clear up possible confusion, he calls me an egg for various reasons to tease me. So that?s what he means. O_o
    lol, my mom calls me "egg son". ._.
    frostweaver said:

*remembers the terrible days of his elementary school in Hong Kong... it's more strict than his junior high ._.*
    *-46C outside again today...*
    *got use to the snow and has his own ways not to soak his pantlegs ^_^; *
    Just add some 10-30km/h wind and one could exprience what it felt like for the Germans around Moscow in Winter 1941 when temperture was -50C plus huge wind chill...

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Well, I was downtown for most of the day and we managed to get my cousins + aunt from Saskatoon (where it's -30 and under) to complain about the cold.

._. We're still getting snow... and we've got too much of it now. Anyone want it?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • *holds up a sign saying "ME!*

*yes Toronto and eastern Canada finally for once in like a decade have the right to complain "it's too cold"... for once*

22sa

Years
  • frostweaver said:
    *holds up a sign saying "ME!*

*yes Toronto and eastern Canada finally for once in like a decade have the right to complain "it's too cold"... for once*
    Aw but the energy prices are already so high here in Edmonton already... X_X

Cherrim

Years
  • My aunt was saying there's a 24-hour wait for towing services in Saskatoon due to the amount of accidents there. =X That must be terrible. They were making fun of us for complaining about our weather since it's a yearly thing for them, lol.

22sa

Years
  • Lightning said:
    My aunt was saying there's a 24-hour wait for towing services in Saskatoon due to the amount of accidents there. =X That must be terrible. They were making fun of us for complaining about our weather since it's a yearly thing for them, lol.
    Don't you live near the water though? Wetness+coldness is much worse than the coldness in the dry air of the priaries no matter how low the tempreture here actually is...

Cherrim

Years
  • True, true. Humidity sucks. x_X;; But I get through it thinking "better too cold than too hot" since I don't like the summers here (blech). :\ It wasn't fun walking through China Town with snow falling on us and slush everywhere, though ._.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Not like summer?No way.I love summer

Lol wet winters stink.I have one right now

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Hey, at least you can go outside on Christmas eve/day and see snow, instead of a bright sun and living evergreens. ._.;

Cherrim

Years
  • @_@ We had a green Christmas this year, actually. My first ever. XD

...why do they call it a green Christmas when basically everything is all brown or yellow?

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, I never had a white christmas, always just a cold, nothing-cool-outside one

22sa

Years
  • Lightning said:
    @_@ We had a green Christmas this year, actually. My first ever. XD

...why do they call it a green Christmas when basically everything is all brown or yellow?
    Eeep. You live near those streets eh? :P

Yamichu

o.O;
    Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    Never had a white Christmas and never will... I always have a brown Christmas!
    I mean you can't expect Australia to get snow at summer time! :D
    I've never even seen snow though because the state I live in (Queensland) never gets snow...at least I think... but we do temperatures of up to 50 degrees celcius!

~HORN!

Back