• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So Dipu and River are awesome first names! Now I was thinking...

Years
  • ...how cool, unique, or good do you think your first name is? Do you like your first name? Or do you hate it? Why do you like/hate your first name?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I actually hate my first name: Matt. It's literally the most boring, unoriginal name out there. Plus it's super annoying when someone calls your name and about 20 of us turn at the same time -_-

Years
  • Absolutely hate my first name, that's why I use a different online alias that I would prefer to be used for the people who know XP Not entirely sure the reason why I hate my name because I personally don't think it's that common of a name, but it just doesn't roll off the tongue as smoothly as I would want it to :c

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • KEVIN REPRESENT. I'm okay with my name, I'm not overly fond of it but I don't hate it. Unfortunately, there are probably 50 other Kevin's with the same last name as mine living in my city and I'm not very pleased about that.

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Ill break the trend and say i love my first name. Its Alejandro, which is fitting since im half spanish, and i just love the sound to it. My dad calls me Alessandro (with an italian accent) which is pretty cool as well. Friends call me Ale, a nice and short nick-name
    Also, Alejandro derives from the greek language and means "Protector of Men", which is nice as well (:

Last edited:
    Years
  • I like my first name, which is Shaylynn. I've only met one other person with the same name as me. :3 But I kind of want to change my name to Shaymie when I get older. :P

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • My name is fairly common so it's nothing special. It's no surprise when I run into another guy named Aaron.I personally know 3 people named Aaron , all of them I'm good friends with. I like the name though. It really clashes well with my last name.

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Chase isn't as unique as it used to be, but I still love my name and wouldn't change it for anything <3

Years
  • I like the name Nichole, the name itself may be kinda common but not with this particular spelling. Sadly this means it gets very easily misspelled which can really turn me off. Still, at least it's nice I love not having the most common spelling of the name which would have been boring.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • My name is utterly un-unique. My first name is Ashley... I go by Ash most of the time, but yeah... I sort of hate my first name.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Don't see what's so special about my name, Marshall, but I've only met others with the name on rare occasions. Company commander of charlie is named Marshall, so I jump a lot when 99% of the time they're talking about him. <_<

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Man, my name is Jesse. It's boring. Don't see the hype. Oh well. Everyone seems to love it, no idea why. I think its semi-common. Its a well known name people seem to know but its not Mr Popular or anything to find a Jesse going through a crowd. Thankfully I received that instead of Jack. My dad's name Jack. Oh my gosh the horror of being Jack Jr. NO! >:(

If I had to choose a name for myself. It'd be either Elijah vs Ezra. No joke.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think my name is pretty cute. It's spelled differently and was a popular name in the 70's, so it's uncommon among people my age. That's my shortened name, though. My actual first name I used to hate because it's a boy name and no matter how many times my dad says "oh but it's a great name for a girl!" I have to remind him that I'm named after not only him, but my grandfather. lol That being said though, when my grandfather passed away, I found a new appreciation for my name and I don't really dislike it as much as I used to. I'm sure my appreciation will only grow more.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Man, my name is Jesse. It's boring. Don't see the hype. Oh well. Everyone seems to love it, no idea why. I think its semi-common. Its a well known name people seem to know but its not Mr Popular or anything to find a Jesse going through a crowd. Thankfully I received that instead of Jack. My dad's name Jack. Oh my gosh the horror of being Jack Jr. NO! >:(

If I had to choose a name for myself. It'd be either Elijah vs Ezra. No joke.

Oh my God Jack is the sexiest name ever, like wut r u talkin bout D:

Maybe I just really like the name. :3

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I didn't like my name much when I was really young. I was very enamoured with names that started with the letter K and was disappointed that mine wasn't one of those names. I got really into name meanings and stuff for a while when I was about 12, though, and when I realized that my name meant "ever powerful; ever ruler", I thought that was really freaking cool and I've loved my name ever since.

My name (Erica, for the record) felt really unique when I was really young--I never knew any other Ericas for many years--but then when I moved back to the area I was born in, there were always at least one or two other Ericas in my class. I guess maybe it was a more popular name in Toronto in 1989 compared to other cities. At least almost all of them spelt it right. (With a C, not with a K!)

Back