• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen So Eevee's in the Games... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Finally! I remember us all speculating about what two new Eevee evolutions we'd like to see in Unova and with the release of B2W2, we might finally get our wish.

So what Eevee evolutions do you want to see or think we will see in Unova?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Um, none. They don't add new Pokémon like that mid-generation. This is still Generation V. You'll have to wait until Gen VI to speculate that again.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Um, none. They don't add new Pokémon like that mid-generation. This is still Generation V. You'll have to wait until Gen VI to speculate that again.

You shouldn't say "they don't", you know. It's not like you know what Game Freak's planning. What if I were to speculate sequels to Black and White and you were to say "they don't make sequels"? You never really know what to expect from Game Freak anymore. In any case, I'd have to agree with you.

Anyhow, I'm really excited that Eevee will be in the games. I love using its evolutions!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

You shouldn't say "they don't", you know. It's not like you know what Game Freak's planning. What if I were to speculate sequels to Black and White and you were to say "they don't make sequels"? You never really know what to expect from Game Freak anymore. In any case, I'd have to agree with you.

Anyhow, I'm really excited that Eevee will be in the games. I love using its evolutions!

Except we can say that when it comes to adding new Pokemon. Why? New Pokemon makes it a New Generation. I believe Gamefreak said its the same Generation meaning no new Pokemon.

New Pokemon also mean no backwards link up as the new Pokemon's data doesn't exist in older games.

While I'm still not ruling it out yet, there is a lot stacked against it. We are still in Gen 5 so there is little to no chance of new Pokemon appearing. Forms are still possible.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024

Um, I should say that, because it's still Generation V, and they're going to !need to make it compatibile back to Pokémon Black and White games with trades and all that. And they can't do that if they add new Pokémon to it. As for the whole sequel thing, adding new Pokémon mid-generation is entirely different than what kind of game they'll make. While I may not know what to expect from them, I know some of what not to expect from them, and new Pokémon mid-generation is one of those things.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • Um, I should say that, because it's still Generation V, and they're going to !need to make it compatibile back to Pokémon Black and White games with trades and all that. And they can't do that if they add new Pokémon to it. As for the whole sequel thing, adding new Pokémon mid-generation is entirely different than what kind of game they'll make. While I may not know what to expect from them, I know some of what not to expect from them, and new Pokémon mid-generation is one of those things.

Perhaps you are right, but think back a bit. Remember when you could connect the second generation games with the first generation games? We're only on generation five as you said, so maybe come talk to me in a few years from now and we'll see who's right. :D

pokemonkidtotodile

Pkmn connoisseur
    Years
  • I dont believe that there will be new Eveeloutions, but if there were I would love to see a Bug and a Flying type.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I think it would be a big shock to add new pokemon now. It might be a good idea from a marketing standpoint, but then you loose 100% compatibility with B/W.

There is the Notch-Eared Pichu to consider...

If there is new Eevee, I second the Flying Type. I imagine it as a cat with big fluffy Zapdos shape wings, all colored white with blue highlights. It would be like a air cannon, and used by people as a personal fan.

(and it would learn areoblast, thunder, hurricane, rain dance)
    :15:

Last edited:

The Lord of Smug
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    Adding new pokemon would instantly make BW obsolete.

This game is a sequel to BW, would they want to instantly discredit BW and make it no longer marketable? No.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I highly doubt that new Eeveelutions will be in BW/W2. I mean, it's way too early to introduce new Pokemon to be used in the main games at that point.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • I think there will no new eeveelutions this time, cause it is still Gen V. But, it would be awesome if I could have a Jolteon/ Umbreon/ Vaporeon in my team!

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    While it would be cool to see what they would come up with, I have to agree I don't think they would do that so late in this Gen. I'm just happy that they are putting Eevee in rather than trying to go to dream world to get a rare one, or trade from other gens to get one.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, according to the pattern? Possibly. You've got 1 - 2 and then 4 (and 5?) - if so then that's the only way we'll get Eeveelutions imo, otherwise I think it's just coincidental that Eevee is in the games or to tie it in with Coquest or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, according to the pattern? Possibly. You've got 1 - 2 and then 4 (and 5?) - if so then that's the only way we'll get Eeveelutions imo, otherwise I think it's just coincidental that Eevee is in the games or to tie it in with Coquest or something.

Agreeing with the bolded. I bet there will be some kind of special Eevee promotion to coincide with Conquest haha.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Its prolly cause Eevee is just a highly loved Pokemon. It was the Dream World's FIRST giveaway event too. This is the first game where Eevee is possibly a free roaming Wild Pokemon and not a Special Condition Wild Pokemon (D/P/Pt).

This is CONSIDERING Eevee isn't a Gift again cause...ya know....it doesn't SAY Eevee is wild.

(cuts wrist)

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012

Agreeing with the bolded. I bet there will be some kind of special Eevee promotion to coincide with Conquest haha.

A different moveset, differen't ability, or different eeveelution? Could you elaborate on your promotion hypothesis?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

A different moveset, differen't ability, or different eeveelution? Could you elaborate on your promotion hypothesis?

Definitely not an Eeveelution because it would only be usable in these games, not B/W. Since they've release DW Eevee already I would guess a special move that can only be obtained from Conquest, that could then go onto B2W2. Not sure which it would be though cause idk anything about Conquest ;x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back