• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm getting both, just like I did with G/S (and Crystal). Gold was my main game when I first played through, and it's my favorite Pokemon game, so for nostalgia's sake, I can't help but get HG. As for SS, if I don't buy both games when they come out, I always end up regretting it and buying the second game later, so I might as well save myself the trouble and get both to begin with. Plus, it's fun to play through with two completely different teams, and it's also convenient to be able to trade with myself (though not as essential as it used to be thanks to the GTS and online trading).

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    That's a simple question for me. When Gold and Silver came out, I got both, but I lost my Gold Version and so, I ended up playing Silver. I went and pre-ordered SoulSilver from GameStop, plus I prefer Lugia over Ho-Oh, no offense to the Gold lovers.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Soul Silver. Because I don't like Ho-Oh, neither its looks not its name. Lugia is way cooler.

And the version exclusives in SS are better to my mind.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    im getting both. my birthday is 7 days before they are released so thats all im asking for, they have already preordered them both

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I had both when I was younger but I doubt I'd be able to afford them both now so I'm just gonna get Heart Gold. I've got Pearl anyway with a completed Pokédex so I can just breed Pokémon from that.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Heart Gold , just because my stupid little brother gets Soul Silver and won't change his mind :0 ! Well , I want us to have different games , not like DPPt (we both got Pearl and later I got Pt.) .

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    This is my first time that I'm not getting both! :O Even when MD came out, I got both (the Rescue Team versions and Explorers versions).

Back