• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    One or both

Will you be getting both of the remakes or just one?

I'll probably only be getting one of them, but I'm hoping for both. Going to start saving $ now :p

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    SoulSilver for me. HeartGold just sounds wrong and it's pointless to get two of virtually the same game. I'll probably get the Crystal Remake (if there is one) though.

Jimmyray

Bish Bash Bosh
    Years
  • Well seeing as I live in the UK I will probably do what I did withr Diamond/Pearl. I waited for D/P to come out in America, and ordered American Diamond from the internet, then a few months later when it came out in England, I bought a copy of Pearl :) I will probably od this again and get HeartGold first. Originally I had Crystal so... lol

Years
  • I'll get both eventually. As for the one I main, depends on which has Lugia.

Though Lugia could be in both. If so, then I would expect to main the one where Lugia is encountered at a lower level.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • As with every game duo that comes out, I'm getting them both the day they come out.

☆Patched☆

Is a Death Note and Bleach Fan
    Years

• Soul Silver. Because Heart Gold doesn't start with the same two letters!!!

Soul Silver. Because I like Lugia more mainly.

Ayselipera

I always get both so I can try different things on
    each. Although I will be getting Soul Silver first
    since it was my favorite.

sonicisrad

^ Yes he is. ^
    Years
  • Heart Gold. Love how they used Ho-oh's wings to make the winged heart. Plus Gold version was my first EVER! Pokemon Game! Got it waaaaay back and I love Johto soooo sooo much!

AMG

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    I think I will largely wait and see because I have only (since signing up here) found out about the remakes. It sort of makes replacing my Silver redundant so I'm glad I figured out prior to ordering a new copy but I am not 100% sure I'll get either at this point though my inclination is SoulSilver.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2014
    So what's it gonna be?

So we all are familiar with the two games(heart gold and soul silver) But which one are you getting. I think I'll get SS. I like Lugia more.
    Also, WHO will you pick? Cyndaquil? Totodile? Chikorita?
    Me, Cyndaquil FTW!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm getting heart gold myself, 'cause the original gold was my favorite Pokemon version, and most likely it will have the same exclusives

Back