• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

NatureKeeper

SoulSilver. I love Lugia. Ho-oh looks ferocious, and I liked the Lugia Movie, more, I can catch Ho-oh in a higher level.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I'm going to get SoulSilver because Lugia is one of my favourite Pokémon :) I hope that catchable Pokémon will be better (for me) than in HeartGold.
    I wish there would be a Crystal remake. I would buy it definitely then ;p

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Both. I got Gold when I was a child, and I don't really remember if it was superior to Silver to be honest. (in my opinion)

So, I decided to get both. I am not going to get the Japanese versions like I did with Platinum because I found it annoying to have to play in Japanese, so I have decided to wait.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Will Craptastic Crystal be coming out later on?

I'll get silver because Lugia is a cooler pokemon to base a game around than Ho-oh the boring.

Haruki

Rare Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    i plan on getting HeartGold, or the opposite of what my sister or friend/rival is getting

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • I'll be a'gettin' HeartGold, Gold was the first game of the generation I got, though I will probably get both eventually.

Years
  • Heart Gold, because the original Gold was the first Pokemon game that I've ever played/known about. It's what got me back into liking Pokemon. Plus, if Lugia is still in it, I'll get it at level 70 compared to those who are only getting it at level 40. XD I'll probably get Soul Silver, too. Only because I love Johto so much.

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
  • For the time being I am probably getting Soul Silver,because Silver was the first PKMN game that I wanted after playing someone's Yellow version.What I got was even better and that was Crystal.Anyhow I am sure both games are gonna be great.

encas

Don't tread on me.
    Years
  • I'm either getting just HeartGold or both versions. Regardless, HeartGold is going to be my main version, as Gold was my first Second Gen version.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • I am definetly getting both. I don't know anybody around me who would be getting the game and i want to try 2 get all the pokemon (250, -those impossible).
    I would mainly play on Soul Silver as Silver was my 1st ever game i owned but ever since i got it, i wanted to get gold as well which in the end i never got around doing.

bian

Years
  • After seeing Kyogre will be catchable in HeartGold, maybe i'll get it but still
    no until i've seen the exclusives.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Silver wins. Seriously, I see it as a "cooler" colour than gold. I don't know. They won't come out where I am until, like, Christmas 2010.

Back