• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2010
    Pre-ordered SoulSilver. :D At first, I only chose that one because I'm a big Bleach anime fan, and 'Soul' reminded me of Bleach. xP But it turns out that SS has some of my fav Pokemon, so yay for me!

PunkySTAR

* Insert Witty Comment Here *
    Years
    I was originally leaning towards HeartGold but in the end I got a pre order for SoulSilver. I personally like the exclusives better. Maybe I can talk my brother into buying HG! lol :classic:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    I was gonna pre-order Heart Gold on Amazon, but thanks to me not paying attention, I accidentally picked Soul Silver. Don't feel like changing the order now either. Not that big of a difference anyways. Though I won't be able to get Baltoy. :/

Distortion World

Steel/Flying
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Well, after A LOT of saving, I'm getting HeartGold AND a DSi. I'm getting the DSi to trade my fav PKMN over.

But I'm probably not gonna play HeartGold right away, since I'm trying to hatch some E.V PKMN.

Sorry to all you Johto fans, but E.V training comes first for me.

Years
    SoulSilver.

I kinda want HeartGold....whilst I'm scared of heights, I think it's better to have an epic duel atop a giant Pagoda in the middle of a major city, with a giant bird that last appeared when a pagoda burnt down, and created 3 legendaries out of 3 unknown pokemon that perished...

...when considered against battling a big, cool looking (looks cooler than Ho-oh, admittedly) bird in a cave with a waterfall, said bird having possibly lived in the now burnt down tower, and possibly possessing the ability to have created those whirlpools around the Whirl Islands.

Yeah, and the intro looks nicer.

So, in summary, picked SoulSilver, think HeartGold is better xD

Eeohnex

Illuminate
    Years
    The main reason I picked Soul Silver over Heart Gold was because I preferred Soul Silver's intro. It's much better than the one that Heart Gold has. Another reason was that I like Groudon a lot more than Kyogre.

They aren't really that many differences in the game, except for the Pokémon exclusives.

LeeBee

♔✩♔
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    I have SoulSilver.
    I picked it because, basically I much prefer Silvery things than Golden things.. (>ω<*)

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i have both but i like soulsilver better because 1. lugia is better than ho-oh and 2. silver is better than gold. ^_^

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Both I have. But I like SS better. But since I have all the events on HG I have to go with that one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged with this thread which is a bit old but was well-established and has a poll, etc - might as well keep keeping it to the one thread.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I got SoulSilver. I had Gold originally but I always wished I had Silver. Plus, Lugia is way more badass than Ho-Oh imo.

Back