• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how old are you guys now?

Years
    I've been playing pokemon ever since red and blue versions were released! 17 and still lovin pokemon, especially my soul silver! But do your friends make fun of you if you
    play? In my country, they do. But I still luffles my pokemon ss:D

and, can we go to the kanto league?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    I'm 14 now and I've been playing these games since I was around 8, on and off.

Shouldn't this be moved to the general topic?

Charmander__

Pwning n00bs since 1997
    Years
    Yeah, my friends make fun of me, but I don't care! HG FTW! I've been playing since I was five, when I took up the original Gold version! :3

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    Yeah, my friends make fun of me, but I don't care! HG FTW! I've been playing since I was five, when I took up the original Gold version! :3

I am 13, and my friends tease me, so i don't tell anyone anymore. (You guys wont tease me....right?) :P

Yeah same for me as well.

I hadn't played Pokemon for around 3 years, and when I was 10 - 11 it was a good time for me to play Pokemon cause it was "in" with my friends.

But now, I am VERY self conscious about myself since I know Pokemon is meant for a much younger age group, but hey. POKEMON IS FUN NO MATTER HOW OLD YOU ARE!

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
    I started when I was 6 or 7, and now I'm 14 (turning 15 soon) and I still love it =D My old friends liked pokemon, but they were kinda hiding it. However, since I'm going to a different HS, I've noticed my new friends are really enthusiastic about it =p It's really lax at my school, because you could have your psp, gameboy, ds, etc. out in front of the deans and they won't take it away =) When I was playing my SS one time, my friends all croweded around me like it was treasure. We were all geeking out one time about how to help my friend catch Snorlax on Blue (should we poison it, put it to sleep, etc)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    im 14. and most people at my school know i play pokemon, yet im not classified as a "nerd" thankfully.... or maybe they talk about me behind my back -.-

Hantsuki

a little wolf inside a girl
    Years
    I'm 19 and I still play. In college, you can do whatever you want. Besides, in high school, I remember a bunch of seniors who brought their old GB/GBC/GBAs to their classes and started playing Red/Blue/Yellow just for fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I ordered a fake copy of FireRed off of Ebay, that was my first pokemon game, I was like 8 or something, then got a legit copy of Ruby and played it all night til the sun came up on the day I got it :P The when I was 11 I got a legit Leafgreen and me and our friends were absolutely obsessed with it, it was all we ever did. It was all we could talk about. Making Secret Bases and stuff :P Then got Diamond when I was 12, then kinda dropped Pokemon, but now I am 14 and loving it again :)

Yin

Almost Competitive Trainer
    Years
    I am Twenty and I still love pokemon.
    I play In public and to be honest I really don't care what anyone thinks and never have since I had my Blue version.
    and for those being made fun of for playing/ liking Pokemon know this.
    I pre-ordered my copy of Soul Silver and on the day I went to pick up there were plenty of adults there with DS in hand.

ReachForTheMoon

Immortal Smoke
    Years
    I'm a silly 19 year old... about 20. I've loved Pokemon since Red/Blue... Though I skipped Gen III entirely. My roommate and I went to pick up Soul Silver and Heart Gold day one at 9 AM in the morning when that Gamestop opened. In order to fit the occasion we blasted I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST while waiting for the store to open up. There were only two kids up there. The rest were people I've seen around campus.

My friends and I sit around in the eating/lounge area every day playing this game. Life is good.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I'm 15 going on 16 real soon but I still love pokemon. I've been playing since I was 9 (when I got Ruby) and have known about pkmn & been watching the anime since I was 5. Me and my friends were pokemon crazy all the way up till freshman year, last year. I don't know if they still play pokemon, and I doubt it, but I'm sure they poke at me every once in awhile when I say pkmn is awesome. I'll never stop loving it! It's an addiction, PPD (Pokemon Playability Disorder or Addiction..whichever 1 u choose) :).

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2010
    im 18. my friends went with me to the midnight release of it and we all got the game. a bit shocking seeing as how we all played sports in high school. needless to say we were the coolest guys there hahah

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I'm 18, 19 in August. I have been playing since red and blue. Most of my friends still play it too. It will never go out of style haha

Years
    I was about 6 when I first started playing Red. I played Yellow and Blue soon after and have continued to play each game that has come out and still own/play them. I'm turning 18 in a week. My parents joke about how i'm too old for it, and my boyfriend was with me when I (like a squealing fan girl) picked up HG when it came out. He surprisingly doesn't make fun of me, he thinks it's cute.

:)

hcoteen2008

Ball State Cardinal
    Years
    Played since the Red and Blue days, I was like 8 and now I'm 19 going on 20, a sophomore in college, majoring in Criminal Justice, it is now my outlet for the things I see. :]

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    I'm 15. (Turned 15 on January)

I've been playing Pokemon ever since Yellow version came out.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    I've been playing it since Red and Blue - I'm 20 now, will be 21 this year.
    But I don't care what my friends think, I proudly publicize my love for Pokemon.
    And face it.. everyone loves Pokemon.. they just may not always want to admit it. :D

Back