• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So how old are you guys now?

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    I'm turning 22 at the end of this month, and I'm so glad to see there are a number of 20+ here!

I've always been a fan of Pokemon since RBY (well I kinda lost my fandom during the RSE era but thanks to Platinum I regained my passion for Pokemon), and I still spread the love of Pokemon to my family (my mum loves Piplup and Chimchar now *laugh*) and my friends (surprisingly they pretty welcome my suggestion of playing HGSS and they seem to enjoy the game).

I'm not ashamed by the fact that I'm a Pokemon fan even I am in my twenties. Although I have many other interests, I could firmly say that Pokemon is, and will be, one major part of my life, or gamer-life. XD

Years
    Well, all my real-life friends are basically geeks, so, yeah, I have plenty of people who enjoy Pokemon around my age that I can talk to. My age is actually in my quick user bio in my posts (19 if you can't find it).

Dimenticato

Bounty Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    I'm 13, but I don't really have any friends who play Pokemon. I don't mind, it makes me happy, so surely that's all that matters?

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm fifteen years old and I don't think I'm too old for Pokemon at all. I started playing when I was about eight or nine years old and I found it really interesting and fun so I continued playing. A lot of my friends know that I play Pokemon - heck, some of them even know that I mod here. They don't make fun of me though, they played Pokemon themselves and they knew how fun it could be.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i'm fourteen and i've been playing these games since i was 3

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    xDD I'm fifteen. Been playing since 2007. My only regret is that I waited faar too long to decide to buy Emerald and Firered...they're practically nonexistent or really expensive now! Thank god for emulators. :3

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    I'm 22 now, been playing since I was 11.

I don't see anything replacing Pokemon for me.

AmitieFan985

Let's Drill!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2011
    I'm 24 years old (be hitting 25 later this year). I've been into Pokemon for 11 years and I'm still a fan of the games.

Psydragon

Elder Trainer
    Years
    20. Been watching and playing since like 9 or ten. I can't remember the exact age. My first episode was the premiere of Here Comes the Squirtle Squad.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I'm fifteen and have played Pokemon for about eleven (or possibly ten) years.

It all started with a Blue version...

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    14. Idk if my friends like it, probably not. When pokemon was "in" for us, they only liked the anime and toys, and i've always been the gamer. I have a skitty key chain on my school bag, and I hear girls saying it's cute all the time haha... I don't really broadcast it though.... but I'm starting to get more confident in myself. When my hg comes in the mail I might try and set the "pokewalker" fashion. I won't be able to wear it at school, it'd get taken of me by the teachers, but I might have it in my bag and take it out at lunch time. My whole family knows I love it though, as well as my bestie, who's family is pretty much our family. She doesn't live near me, but I know she occasionally plays. and my older cousin (21) loves it also

Last edited:

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    That's the spirit! I sometimes feel out of place playing it too, but it's something I love and won't let age get in the way of it
    Indeed.
    I love this game.
    heck i love Kingdom Hearts games.
    But Pokemon been around for longer than i can remember. 1st gen & 2nd gen were amazing games when i was little. Pretty much HG/SS got me back into the series, I mean I played D/P/Pt, but it wasnt as good as R/B/Y/ & G/S/C to me.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Currently 18 and I have been into Pokemon since like the second grade! Lol, when I say it like that it sounds quite ridiculous but its just so interesting and ever evolving that I can't break free from the franchise. I don't see a day without Pokemon ever in my future.

Ryuusei Red

"King of Games"
    Years
    I've been playing pokemon since I was 8, and now i'm 20. My first pokemon game was Pokemon Red for the gameboy. I still own my copy of Pokemon Red, but it isn't my original copy. I don't think i'm gonna ever give up on pokemon.

coots

I'mma eat chuu
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2010
    I'm 17 and I played since yellow, people made fun of me back then and still do but pokemon is great so whateveeeeer
    XD

Aureol

Kanto/Electric-Type Enthusiast
    Years
    18 almost 19, I gave up on it for a long time because I was a 1st Gen. fanboy. While I haven't really come to accept the 3rd or 4th Gens. yet, I am having fun in the franchise again :)

Back