• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen SO many hoenn references

Years
  • O that's right, I forgot about his other meaningful sentences XD. I obtained the Strange Souvenir from him, with the description saying it depicts a Pokemon who protects a region far away from Kalos. The item doesn't look like a known Pokemon, and since the backpacker tells us he is from a region we don't know, Hoenn is not the case and a new region might just be it. Youtuber Marriland explains the new region theory, go check that out.

The last interesting fact; The strategy guide of X and Y has a Berry guide at page 384(?). A small note says 13 berries can be obtained in X and Y through mutations, and a 14 other berries must be traded over from OTHER REGIONS. OTHER FREAKING REGIONS. Regions as in multiple. There's an s at the end :p
    This is just a confirmation we'll get a new region soon, whether it will be DLC for X and Y, or a new game(s) is just the question. And perhaps that R/S remake after all this as a little surprise? Who knows.

Confirms Nada. You can still transfer berrys from Hoenn all the way to X and Y can you not?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Confirms Nada. You can still transfer berrys from Hoenn all the way to X and Y can you not?

Not necessarily, this statement taken from the official Pokémon website is as follows:

"Can I deposit Pokémon holding Berries or other items in Pokémon Bank?
    If you try to deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items, the items will be removed and sent to your Bag. If your Bag is full, the items will disappear."

So if you cannot transfer berries from previous games to the current games, it brings the question forward about the Guidebook speficially stating "Other Regions".

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Exactly, and the guidebook clearly says "berries obtained through mutation", which didn't exist in past generations. So there you go, we get to see 1 or 2 we regions somewhere in 2014.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    I would say after 1 year Emerald remake or whatever hoenn games are, after 2 years Pokemon Z (sequels).

We could see in April or around that time the hoenn remake announcment.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Not necessarily, this statement taken from the official Pokémon website is as follows:

"Can I deposit Pokémon holding Berries or other items in Pokémon Bank?
    If you try to deposit Pokémon that are holding Berries or other items, the items will be removed and sent to your Bag. If your Bag is full, the items will disappear."

So if you cannot transfer berries from previous games to the current games, it brings the question forward about the Guidebook speficially stating "Other Regions".
    This. This right here. And this only.
    A new unknown region is pretty much confirmed. What other region of the current generation can we trade with in X and Y? None. The other region that they are referring to in the guidebook (if a Hoenn remake were to take place) would be a completely new region that can connect to the Hoenn Region (a la Johto and Kanto). If that's not the case, it can be a Kalos sub region (a la Sevii Islands). If that's not the case which it most likely isn't, then it's a completely new region in the squeals to Pokemon X and Y with relation to that war. <----- I believe that it's most likely this.

Edit 1 - This also makes me believe that there will be more Pokemon introduced, which will explain the stupidly low amount of new Generation 6 Pokemon that they threw out. Also, it would make more sense. A dragon type Eevee evolution would be located in that other region in the sequels since we know for a fact that there are other regions that participated in this war. And that item that the guy gives you explicitly states in its description:
    "An ornament depicting a Pokemon that is venerated as a protector in some region far from Kalos." That unknown Pokemon will be located in the Generation 6 regional counterpart as a herd of new Generation 6 Pokemon are introduced. It's bluntly clear now. It makes so much sense.

Last edited:
    Back