• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    @Geck (Image is a bit big) That first image is the one I meant. Also, we have ramos down now. Hopefully our leakers will confirm Diantha as fairy type gym leader.

Also, my Charmeleon( Or charizard) Is going to plow through this

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • Do you think the new Exp share will make it easier to have reserve pokemon to switch between? I don't like reserves cause they seem like too much hassle to keep track of them all.

However with large amount of pokemon on offer and the new exp share I'm wonder if it might be easier to have a bigger team. (like 8-10 members instead of 6)

I think it'll be easier especially if Audino is included in the game. For a player like me that has always have 2-3 reserves it'll make training them easier. It's really a welcome addition, 100% on the initial pokemon and 50% (I think its confirmed at 50%) on the rest sounds pretty sweet.

Years

• Here are some clear pictures of the 4th Gym, Ramos - the Gym Leader, and his signature Pokémon: Gogoat.

Also, we've already seen his Gym - it seems to be the location that we saw in the first Nintendo Direct when Pokémon X & Y were announced. The area where the main character is swinging on vines.

I' interested in seeing the other Gym Leaders though - I must say. Someone must've got to the 6th or 7th Gym by now - especially as we know what Pokémon are being used.

Spoiler:

Woah wasn't expecting an old man as the fourth Gym Leader, but he does fit the revealed Grass-type specialty as shown by his badge. Ramos seems like a cool name and isn't it one with Spanish origin iirc? I don't know what the name has to do with Grass-types though.

So that place with the vines in that very first trailer turned out to be a Gym? Very unexpected I have to say myself. But hey at least we now have an even number of both male and female Grass Gym Leaders if you take previous generations into account.

Now I'm hoping we get some details on the 7th and 8th Gyms... hopefully.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Ramos is actually a clever name for this guy, in Spanish Ramos aside from being a common last name, it can be seen as a plural for Bouquets, as in "ramos de flores" It could also derive from the Spanish word "ramas" which means branches.

Years
  • Ramos is actually a clever name for this guy, in Spanish Ramos aside from being a common last name, it can be seen as a plural for Bouquets, as in "ramos de flores" It could also derive from the Spanish word "ramas" which means branches.

I have to say most creative name origin for a Gym Leader to date. They really have been doing some European naming theme with a lot of stuff so far, ranging from locations to human characters and even the Pokemon names!

Now I'm hoping Diantha turns out as the 6th Gym Leader since she has clothing that resembles fairy wings.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Delphox probably the first Fully evolve Fire Starter that doesn't haven Flame in any part of its Body !!!
    Off Course , If Delphox is real !!!

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2014
    ugh i dont wanna see froakies final evolution! i guess its gonna give me strength to play through X for froakie's final evo..

Years
  • Delphox probably the first Fully evolve Fire Starter that doesn't haven Flame in any part of its Body !!!

Well normally Blaziken also doesn't appear to have flames on its body usually, and then again it seems able to turn the flames on its arms on and off. But yeah I only noticed that none of the Fennekin line has flames on their bodies which seems to be kinda interesting.

Years
  • I have to say most creative name origin for a Gym Leader to date. They really have been doing some European naming theme with a lot of stuff so far, ranging from locations to human characters and even the Pokemon names!

Now I'm hoping Diantha turns out as the 6th Gym Leader since she has clothing that resembles fairy wings.

I never thought of Diantha turning out to be a Fairy-type Gym Leader! It would definitely be an awesome twist! I'm trying to connect her name to the type, however, and it's proving slightly difficult!

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Skrelp's evoltion looks fantastic (Sorry I'm a little late to the party aha)!! It looks exactly like I thought it would!

Years
  • @Geck (Image is a bit big) That first image is the one I meant. Also, we have ramos down now. Hopefully our leakers will confirm Diantha as fairy type gym leader.

Also, my Charmeleon( Or charizard) Is going to plow through this

I've placed all of the images in Spoiler tags now, I wasn't 100% sure how big they were going to be until I posted them.

Delphox probably the first Fully evolve Fire Starter that doesn't haven Flame in any part of its Body !!!

Well, Typhlosion and Blaziken didn't really either :P Both of them didn't have flames on their body until they powered up, whereby Typhlosion had them as a collar, and Infernape on his wrists.

ugh i dont wanna see froakies final evolution! i guess its gonna give me strength to play through X for froakie's final evo..

Then why are you in the Spoiler thread if you don't want to see it =_= ... #JustSaiyan

Years

• I never thought of Diantha turning out to be a Fairy-type Gym Leader! It would definitely be an awesome twist! I'm trying to connect her name to the type, however, and it's proving slightly difficult!

I have to admit I never even heard of the name Diantha until this character came, but there have been rumors going around that she may be a Fairy-type Gym Leader because her clothing resembles a fairy, especially the "wings" on her coat.

Skrelp's evoltion looks fantastic (Sorry I'm a little late to the party aha)!! It looks exactly like I thought it would!

Yeah, it was actually quite funny how something so derpy like Skrelp would turn out so good-looking in its evolution? Maybe it was a way to bite back on those who didn't like Skrelp initially and making its evolution look great would restore faith in its fanbase? Apparently seems to be the case since some who will be playing Y want to actually use it now. It's name has been revealed as Skriseur.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Glad to see we got both our first female bug gym leader and male grass gym leader in the same generation.

It'll be interesting if Diantha's the fairy gym leader or even the champion...

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I've been trying to figure out how to pronounce Diantha's name lol. Is it Die-An-Ta, Die-An-Da, Dee-An-Ta or Dee-An-Da?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Trevenant stats:
    Spoiler:

Its stats scream "physically offensive tank" or "glass cannon" to me. Oh and it also has Frisk as another ability.

@BeefTaco: I go with the first pronunciation.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Glad to see we got both our first female bug gym leader and male grass gym leader in the same generation.

We already had a male Grass Gym Leader in 5th Gen, remember Cilan?

Okay, got some screenshots of stats and stuff I found on Tumblr:

Spoiler:

Azurill has been revealed to gain a Fairy-type in addition to its existing Normal-type.

Spoiler:

Clawitzer revealed to learn Bubble, Water Pulse and Bubble Beam. Yes totally called for this thing getting Water Pulse, great move to abuse Mega Launcher with. And Bubble Beam is no longer one word like in previous generations.

Spoiler:

And Skrelp's stats at Level 25 leaked! It appears to be slow like Clauncher's line, but unlike Clauncher it appears it'll be more of a physical attacker (its Attack is its highest stat) with decent spreads in the other stats. Skrelp is also revealed to learn Acid, Camouflage, Poison Tail and Water Pulse.

Credit goes to kalos-pkmnacademy on Tumblr for providing these.

Trevenant stats:
    Spoiler:

Its stats scream "physical tank" or "glass cannon" to me. Oh and it also has Frisk as another ability.

@BeefTaco: I go with the first pronunciation.

So a powerful physical attacker eh? That Attack stat seems really high compared to the other stats, and it gets Frisk for an ability? Not the best ability competitively but it could be great at item farming on wild Pokemon if it gets Thief in its movepool. I mean, in 5th Gen we had Gothitelle getting both Thief and Frisk so she was a really great way to farm items from wild Pokemon.

Also, Trevenant's been revealed to learn Forest's Curse, Destiny Bond, Wood Hammer and a new move called Phantom Force.

Last edited:
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Got some info on a new move.

Misty Terrain halves damage from Dragon-type attacks for Pokemon touching the ground.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2013
    Guys, I found a load of news from one of the guys who has the games.
    Clemont is the 5th gym leader, he is electric. 6th gym leader is fairy. Clemont gives you thunderbolt. Idk about fairy.
    Clemonts powerhouse is Helioisk, I also found out that Clauncher evolves at level 37, no idea about skrelp though, and he mentioned a city called "Cyllage city" and you get the good rod from there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back