• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Dang still no Dark Gym? Maybe in the sequels then.

There probably will never be a Dark-type gym because in Japan the Dark-type is the dishonorable, evil type and Gym leaders are meant to be mentors towards new trainers. E4 and beyond use whatever type they want.

Edit: this thread is moving so fast I should probably quote people so my posts stop looking out of place >_<

More like we'll have to wait in 7th Gen, but Keiran did say the reason we had no Dark Gyms yet we got Dark Elite Four members, must be because Gym Leaders are in that "mentor" role while Dark-type is called "Evil-type" in Japan. Either that or I'm guessing that someone at Game Freak hates Dark-types.

Carbink was also Proven to NOT have an evolution. Cant remember where. Somewhere in this thread though!

Klefki doesn't appear to evolve either. I was hoping for those two to get evolution lines, but I guess they'll be nothing but novelties.

Bug badge....fairy badge....psychic badge.... lol are they out of ideas?

Elite four prediction: fire, water dark, ghost

OMG as soon as I saw Viola's badge being called the Bug Badge I had a feeling they ran out of ideas. Worst Gym Badge names ever despite the cool designs! And yeah now that we know the Gym type specialties, we should try to predict the Elite Four types. We already know there will probably be a Water-type Elite Four member at this point because he used a Clawitzer.

So, the Gym types in review:
    1. Bug
    2. Rock
    3. Fighting
    4. Grass
    5. Electric
    6. Fairy
    7. Psychic
    8. Ice

Avalugg stats:
    Spoiler:

Its high Defense is pretty much rendered moot with all the Fighting and Rock attacks thrown around. Its Special stats and Speed suck, though. It's essentially the opposite of Cryogonal.

That Defense sure is mighty. Such a shame his other stats suck and he has common weaknesses rendering it moot.

I was hoping we wouldn't have another Hydreigon level evolution...this is worse...

Someone on Instagram claimed that Sliggoo evolves into Goodra at Level 70. Dear lord I guess this means no one will want a Goomy now if it will take so annoyingly late to evolve. I'm starting to think they are making every new Pseudo-Legendary evolve at levels higher than the last one. If Goodra is the pseudo-Legendary it will be hell to get it to fully evolve, we already knew how annoying it took to get our Zweilous to evolve into that Hydreigon.

Years
    Some more pics on it. Its Dragon Ground
    Spoiler:

OK so it does have direct relation to Yveltal and Xerneas as its ability reverse their's. Kinda weird though.

Wow Zygarde looks pretty interesting, and Dragon/Ground-type? We've seen it on two evolution lines already so nothing too exciting.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    They really missed out on a chance for it to be the first legendary poison pokemon. I still love it though. It is very very unique.
    Assuming there's no event legendary, or a yet-unfound one that comes after these in the dex.

Also neat that it has a primary colour theme there (akin to RSE legends, but given they're pushing the XYZ theme...). Red, blue and now green legends.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Spoiler:

OK so it does have direct relation to Yveltal and Xerneas as its ability reverse their's. Kinda weird though.

Cheese's Crust I like this thing a lot.

So unnerving and creepy! It's perfect. And the ability completely flips its perceived weakness to Xerneas and Yveltal on its head.

Also: Norse Mythology Confirmed. We knew this legendary would be a snake in freaking January.

Edit: As others have mentioned, I would've LOVED if it were Dragon / Poison, but I guess there are no new Poison types this gen besides Skrelp... Pretty disappointing. But at least all our old Poison dudes are getting a serious buff.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
    Now how the hell are you going to market a game with that z legend. Im predicting a epic form change for it

still a little pissed with the 70 new mon we need atleast a few more i do like that there are less legends though but no trio is just blasphemy

But i do like alot of the poke that we did get

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
    So since the Z legendary got revealed..you guys think there will be more new pokemon after that or atleast the trio legendary we all want?

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    So since the Z legendary got revealed..you guys think there will be more new pokemon after that or atleast the trio legendary we all want?

If we don't have a trio, I would be seriously shocked.

They could just reuse a trio from another game. I wouldn't be mad at the legendary beasts or birds. But I'd be content with never seeing the "orus" dudes ever again thanks.

PS: The new Pokemon for this gen are really all about fairies and dragons, huh?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Does it reveal Zygarde's dex number? I refuse to look at the spoiler images. Also, I doubt they'll even reveal the event legendaries, since they already mentioned they have no plans for adding DLC to the games, and event Pokémon count as DLC.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I really don't mind about no legend trio anymore, though I would still like to see a trio. For me Zirgarde just made up for everything.

And yes it does reveal the dex number in the national dex.

That is 69 correct (might be 70 now)? There should be one more somewhere.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Spoiler:

I'm loving the design of this Pokémon! It's quite intimidating. :) I wonder why it's a part ground-type, though? To me, it looks nothing like a ground Pokémon. It would've made much more sense if it was partially a bug-type, in my opinion, because every time I look at it, I get immediately reminded of bugs. Its eyes resemble the ones that flies and mosquitoes have, and so does its arms. Plus, we've never had any bug/dragon Pokémon before, so it would be pretty sweet to finally have the chance to get one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    I really don't mind about no legend trio anymore, though I would still like to see a trio. For me Zirgarde just made up for everything.

And yes it does reveal the dex number in the national dex.

That is 69 correct? There should be one more somewhere.

Whatever cutesy legendary I guess. We'll see when they release the movie poster in a week and announce the Japan distribution events. lol

I'm loving the design of this Pokémon! It's quite intimidating. :) I wonder why it's a part ground-type, though? To me, it looks nothing like a ground Pokémon. It would've made much more sense if it was partially a bug-type, in my opinion, because every time I look at it, I get immediately reminded of bugs. Its eyes resemble the ones that flies and mosquitoes have, and so does its arms. Plus, we've never had any bug/dragon Pokémon before, so it would be pretty sweet to finally have the chance to get one.

Look up the Norse mythology theory from way back when the games were announced. You'll see why he is a ground type.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    More like we'll have to wait in 7th Gen, but Keiran did say the reason we had no Dark Gyms yet we got Dark Elite Four members, must be because Gym Leaders are in that "mentor" role while Dark-type is called "Evil-type" in Japan. Either that or I'm guessing that someone at Game Freak hates Dark-types.

Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket. The most notorious evil team in history. Was a Gym Leader. Mentor role doesn't have anything to do with it. He's still considered a Gym Leader with B2W2's tournament. Evil can be a Gym they just never bothered to make it.

Someone on Instagram claimed that Sliggoo evolves into Goodra at Level 70. Dear lord I guess this means no one will want a Goomy now if it will take so annoyingly late to evolve. I'm starting to think they are making every new Pseudo-Legendary evolve at levels higher than the last one. If Goodra is the pseudo-Legendary it will be hell to get it to fully evolve, we already knew how annoying it took to get our Zweilous to evolve into that Hydreigon.

I'mma use it. Its possible to get it before the E4 in this game so its usable.

Assuming there's no event legendary, or a yet-unfound one that comes after these in the dex.

I like that it's green as well. XY have blue and red - it stands to reason the third legen gets the third primary colour. Arguably nothing new seeing they did that in RSE, but... if they have the X&Y theme in the first place, it seems fitting.

Green isn't a primary color. Its a secondary color. Primary colors are Red, Blue, and Yellow. Green is the secondary combination of Yellow and Blue. If it was supposed to be primary it have been yellow.

Also Red, Green, and Blue are throw backs to the original games just as much as RSE for others reading this. We even got a throw back anime for the original games showcasing parts of Gen 6 in it. Gen 1 has some relation with Gen 6 due to marketing. So no Gen 3 remake straw graspings.

Reactions: Sun

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
    Years
    Umm..if there is not a new trio..i would atleast like to see the 3 birds in this game..( Articuno one of my favorite legendary)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back