• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's strange that they gave MegaHeracross Skill Link with just Fury Attack. In my opinion GF should boost Arm Thrust to 25 and give it to Heracross, that way MegaHeracross can actually benefit from his ability.
Yeah I have to admit that Skill Link on a Pokemon is kinda lame when they only learn one attack that benefits from it. It made me start to question some Mega Evolutions' abilities in general upon seeing Mega Heracross.

Well it makes some sense. Its the Single Horn Pokemon who focuses on horn based attacks, Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Mega Horn, etc. Heracross could gain more multi hit moves in Gen 6 to make up for this, but Skill Link for his horn based attacks makes sense...even if it is a complete waste.

Not the first time though. Mega Blastoise getting Mega Launcher and the only move that's powered up by it is Water Pulse (Unless they count Focus Blast as an Aura attack) Even before this Skill link gets the most use out of Cinccino who can learn 3 Multi Hit attacks. Cloyster and Ambipom each learn only 2. There are also 6 unused multi hit attacks that are associated with Skill Link.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well it makes some sense. Its the Single Horn Pokemon who focuses on horn based attacks, Fury Attack, Horn Attack, Mega Horn, etc. Heracross could gain more multi hit moves in Gen 6 to make up for this, but Skill Link for his horn based attacks makes sense...even if it is a complete waste.

Not the first time though. Mega Blastoise getting Mega Launcher and the only move that's powered up by it is Water Pulse (Unless they count Focus Blast as an Aura attack) Even before this Skill link gets the most use out of Cinccino who can learn 3 Multi Hit attacks. Cloyster and Ambipom each learn only 2. There are also 6 unused multi hit attacks that are associated with Skill Link.
And here I thought Megas and their abilities were suppose to bring out the most of the Pokemon...sure hope they give both Blastoise and Heracross moves that will be beneficial for them in their MegaEvolutions.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I do hope he gets a boosted Arm Thrust, that would eliminate the need for Close Combat and if you look at the design it makes sense, look at those huge arms. Seriously both Cloyster and Cinccino benefit from Skill Link with only Ambipom as the exception, it just doesn't make sense for GF to screw MEGAHeracross like that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Oh. I dunno if its been stated yet, but Lapras IS getting special treatment in this game. She is the only Pokemon with a special Surf Animation. She will appear as herself rather than the blob.

Years
I do hope he gets a boosted Arm Thrust, that would eliminate the need for Close Combat and if you look at the design it makes sense, look at those huge arms. Seriously both Cloyster and Cinccino benefit from Skill Link with only Ambipom as the exception, it just doesn't make sense for GF to screw MEGAHeracross like that.

Arm thrust on mega Heracross would make for a lovely pairing.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Oh. I dunno if its been stated yet, but Lapras IS getting special treatment in this game. She is the only Pokemon with a special Surf Animation. She will appear as herself rather than the blob.

That's good to hear :). Ill be sure to catch a Lapras to try it out.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
:C
I'm going to have to hunt for one of these pokemon getting a Mega, because my favorite pokemon seem to be getting skipped over. My poor shiny Smeargle...
At least Mega Ampharos and Mega Lucario are alive and kicking! These two were members of my White 2 team, so I can't wait to mega-fy them...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Dunno if this was said yet, but Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Flamethrower, and Surf were dropped from 95 Base Power to 90.

Water/Mud Sport may have turn restrictions.

Skydrop has weight restrictions. I'm guessing if your Pokemon isn't heavy enough it can't use Skydrop against other Pokemon that weigh too much.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What?! No!

Gardevoirite can't be obtained until postgame. Diantha trades you a ralts that's holding it...

Right now the only mega pokemon who you can actually play through the story with are: Lucario, Ampharos, Mawile, the Kanto starters and Blaziken. I'm not sure about Aerodactyl. Wow that totally blows. I was planning on using Mega Gardevoir on my team.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
What?! No!

Gardevoirite can't be obtained until postgame. Diantha trades you a ralts that's holding it...

Right now the only mega pokemon who you can actually play through the story with are: Lucario, Ampharos, Mawile, the Kanto starters and Blaziken. I'm not sure about Aerodactyl. Wow that totally blows. I was planning on using Mega Gardevoir on my team.
Is there a Mega-Stone for Gallade as well? Or just Gardevoir?

Also, I'm not too sure how I feel about his massive re-balance of the battle system. Weather nerfs, move nerfs, move buffs...I just want too see how much this'll affect competitive battling.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Is there a Mega-Stone for Gallade as well? Or just Gardevoir?

Also, I'm not too sure how I feel about his massive re-balance of the battle system. Weather nerfs, move nerfs, move buffs...I just want too see how much this'll affect competitive battling.

As far as anyone knows just Gardevoir.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
What?! No!

Not until post game??! Dang, I was planning on using Mega Gardevoir on my team as well..... Now that would be possible. Time to start looking for something to relate its spot.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Dunno if this was said yet, but Thunderbolt, Icebeam, Flamethrower, and Surf were dropped from 95 Base Power to 90.

Skydrop has weight restrictions. I'm guessing if your Pokemon isn't heavy enough it can't use Skydrop against other Pokemon that weigh too much.

Well GF did say they where gonna revamp alot of special moves. The strong elemental attacks also got nerfed (Blizzard, Fire Blast, Thunder). Any news on Shadow Ball?

Years

Wow so many moves getting nerfed and/or mechanic changes. Sky Drop will now get even less use now I have to admit.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
What's the latest? I heard that 12pm my time (EST) is when everything is going to be released to the public. How many new Pokemon are there going to be in total?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years

It might be the heavier the pokemon the more damage it takes. I think it was suppose to be like that in 5th gen, but it didn't work out well. But I don't know. I rarely use sky drop.

Also about the 5th gen not getting megas. They may think it is too soon for them. I don't think has to do with popularity, because some of the 5th generation pokemon are some of the best designs like Krookodile. They may wait until 3rd game or next generation. And I think it is safe to say that there will be a good amount of megas. My guess there will be around 40 or more.

What's the latest? I heard that 12pm my time (EST) is when everything is going to be released to the public. How many new Pokemon are there going to be in total?

69 currently about 90 or so counting currently known Megas. Though there is probably still event pokemon we haven't seen, and probably a good chunk of megas.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I kinda understand why GF isn't adding Gen 6 Megas. First of all they have no idea how they will do competively, this means that they could potentially add a broken pokemon without knowing. Second of all, they don't know which will end up being the most popular, look at Chandelure for example there was so much hype at the start of B/W but then it died down. Finally Megas would overshadowed the current final evolutions for Gen 6 pokemon.

There will be Gen 6 Megas for sure, but not this gen.

Years
Also about the 5th gen not getting megas. They may think it is too soon for them. I don't think has to do with popularity, because some of the 5th generation pokemon are some of the best designs like Krookodile. They may wait until 3rd game or next generation. And I think it is safe to say that there will be a good amount of megas. My guess there will be around 40 or more.

I don't think they should wait until the 3rd version because then it could cause compatibility issues assuming there's no coding, like the Ice Burn/Freeze Shock situation. I guess they probably just want players to discover them for themselves.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
Honestly, I'm a little annoyed at the lack of new Pokémon this Gen. For example, when you think about it, it is a bit weird that we're getting only two Ground-type Pokémon this time around, one of which being a legendary, when we usually get a bunch each Gen. The same can be said for Water-types. For this generation, we're getting five in total besides Froakie's line, when usually, discounting the Water starter, we get somewhere in the teens.

Is this the way it'll be for future gens? I get that they had to make the 3D models and such, which I am very grateful for but I hope that in the future, that'll be streamlined to allow more actual designs to be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back