• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    irc doesn't Greninja learn a psychic move? While Chespin's final learns a dark type move...hope Fennekin has a fighting move too...

Extrasensory on Greninja.

Chespin/Quilladin could learn Bite, though they had a huge move pool the most diverse of the three starters from pre-release info followed only by froakie)

Fenniken...I don't see happening unless Glow Punch is Fighting.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Does anyone feel like reading the negativity of others clouds your own judgement. I feel like that right now. At least I have over a week to be certain of my choice.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014

Wasn't that Glow Punch that Fennekin uses a Fighting-type move and it got everyone ****ting their pants? Or did that end up being a Psychic-move in the end?
    the final evos each got a new themed move based from their original type like mystic fire/water Shuriken/spiky shield maybe each is dual type like freeze dry/scald

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Alright, after seeing the Chespin evolution and seeing better-quality pictures of Delphox and Greninja, I have this to say as my updated opinion:

Delphox is looking a bit better, the sack-dress is looking a bit less like a sack but still after seeing Braixen it just fell flat. And I'm still disappointed at the lack of a wand; they could have done so much with that!
    Greninja looks great, even with the tongue-scarf. But the bubbles! I miss them! They were so cute and unique! They could have worked with that, and I wish they had. It looks great regardless but it's sad to see that Froakie and Frogadier had something that was just abandoned in the last stage.
    Chespin...its final evolution doesn't look bad, but it's nothing that exciting to me. I'm very neutral towards it.

I think that's the biggest problem for me. The first stages were great. The second stages were 50-50, but second stages usually are. They looked like they were going in such a great direction and ended up just falling flat. I didn't really have high expectations but I still feel just a bit disappointed with these designs.

All I can hope for now is that:
    A. The official art looks great
    B. They look better within the context of me actually playing the game
    or C. The animations are good enough to make their designs work
    So ultimately I'm hoping for an official reveal, and soon. I feel like I may be judging them harshly simply because they're being revealed to me in the context of a leak, and context DOES make a world of a difference.

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • I hope this pic is all real pokemon! Team Delphox for the win! The only pokemon I don't like is Binacle, but one bad pokemon in the bunch isn't that bad...

Yea I may have over exaggerated a bit, I just had really high standards for this gen after the version mascots were revealed but as the PKMN kept being revealed, I was hit with disappointment after disappointment.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Chesnaught's moveset seems to have been leaked. His new signature moves is called 'Spiky Shield'.

[SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

For some reason I find it very odd that the sprite is overlapping with Needle Arm's attack bar. Anyone else feel it's a bit weird?

When it comes to all those starter evolutions I have to say I'm utterly shocked. Like, they don't look anyway epic or even cool. I can live with Delphox as it's design is pretty neat in the end but what happened to it's wand all of a sudden? Greninja isn't bad either, I just find that tongue around it's neck really disgusting. Overall it's design is actually great. But Chesnaught?!? Seriously, GameFreak... It basicly looks like Torterra would have been humped by Blastoise and the offspring turned out to be Chesnaught. Complete disaster with the look of Frankenstein's monster almost. *facepalm*

Diggersby... Well, it looks menacing, crazy and like it would have been taking drugs but in the end it's obviously 6th generation's region Raticate/Furret/Linoone/Bibarel/Watchog so it doesn't matter. People tend to use those Pokémon as HM slaves anyway. Helioptisk in the other hand I'm pretty disappointed to. I expected something really fierce but it turned out to be quite boring.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Spiky shield is basically like a protect that does damage to those that try to attack with physical moves. YES

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really don't like Froakie's "final" stage. I don't mind the typing, but it just look horrible. Chespin has again won my vote which will be awesome if they end up being real. But I am not going to trust any of these until proven true.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Wow my opinion just keeps on changing...which is why I really want an official reveal!

If I imagine Delphox as a male I like it a lot more for some reason...his dress-sack looks a lot more like a robe and it becomes a whole lot more understandable.

That's what I mean about context! I really hope we get official reveals and art soon...

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I really hope that once the games come out, all this was just one really big trolling set of leaks.

My dream come true :P
    I suppose everyone's (or at least most people's) opinions would have been a little bit better if they were actually playing the game. I think that helps. Otherwise we're just sitting here judging pictures.

But then again, why the HECK are the screenshots of leaks so bad and blurry? It's not too hard to take clear shots.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    My dream come true :P
    I suppose everyone's (or at least most people's) opinions would have been a little bit better if they were actually playing the game. I think that helps. Otherwise we're just sitting here judging pictures.

But then again, why the HECK are the screenshots of leaks so bad and blurry? It's not too hard to take clear shots.

You just know people will be loving Delphox and Chesnaut in about 2 or 3 days from now.

It was less than a week ago when Greninja was a travesty and now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • You just know people will be loving Delphox and Chesnaut in about 2 or 3 days from now.

It was less than a week ago when Greninja was a travesty and now it's the best thing since sliced bread.

Definitely.
    I guess it's just new so people need to get adjusted. Or perhaps it's been so long since we've seen images of the starters first forms so people have already put an image of what they think the evolutions should've been. I know I have with Fennekin. I'll probably get used to its third evolution over time but I still think they could've done better. :P

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My dream come true :P

I do think everyone will like them better...I remember people reacted the same way to the Gen V starters...look at them now, they love them (with either Serperior or Samurrot as the favorite)...well less so for Emboar...poor guy got a bad stat distribution and not so great design :(

So I'll be enjoying seeing all of you say how much you love the starters and saying they're the best thing since Blaziken...I mean Charizard...I mean bread!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back