• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen so much hacking in ORAS!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Well, what can you do about it is the question? If everything is done correctly, is there even a way to trace it or distinguish it from a hack pokemon? I honestly don't know if there is, so thats why i ask. If there isn't a way to tell the two apart, then how can Game Freak actually stop it? Not saying there isn't a way to tell the two apart. Like i said, i don't really know if there is one.

No there isn't, I have one hacked Zekrom and one legit Zekrom - there are no differences between the two. The hacked one was given to me at level 70 and with the same moves as in game. The only way to distinguish is if the Pokemon has something that it shouldn't for instance a Mew Action Replay'd in 3rd Gen won't go through due to the OT etc. Other than the basic checks Game Freak do, there is no way.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    No there isn't, I have one hacked Zekrom and one legit Zekrom - there are no differences between the two. The hacked one was given to me at level 70 and with the same moves as in game. The only way to distinguish is if the Pokemon has something that it shouldn't for instance a Mew Action Replay'd in 3rd Gen won't go through due to the OT etc. Other than the basic checks Game Freak do, there is no way.

I mean visually to us there isn't a way to tell if it was hacked or not. I've had a Hydreigon that had 2 Dragon Pulses on it. Thats how i knew it was hacked in personally. However, the question is, is there something in the coding of the hacked pokemon that Game Freak can find and use that as a filter?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
  • I mean visually to us there isn't a way to tell if it was hacked or not. I've had a Hydreigon that had 2 Dragon Pulses on it. Thats how i knew it was hacked in personally. However, the question is, is there something in the coding of the hacked pokemon that Game Freak can find and use that as a filter?

PokeGen modifies the memory of the game to create a "hacked Pokemon". You can modify every aspect of that pokemon, which means if you are paying attention to the details of the pokemon you are creating, and use accurate information that the game knows is legit - then you can pretty much bypass hack checks.

What this means is, while the pokemon are hacked - they are capped at whatever the perfect, legit version of that 'mon can be and so long as you did not alter anything in the memory which might hint that the pokemon is fake, such as a fake met location, then there is really just no way to tell.

I don't mind hacked pokemon. I can breed a perfect pokemon quite quickly and train it quickly as well. The annoying part, is part that really does nothing to dictate if they have an upper hand in battle, which is all the shiny version people do. It kills that special feel imo, and that is a buzz kill.

C'est la vie

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2015
    hack reliant teams.

What is it with this community? Not a single battle I enter can seem to beat me without a hacked team. Well guess what, I spent my past week training perfect pokemon for my team, NOT TO BE COUNTERED BY THESE HACKED ONES THAT YOU SPENT NO TIME AT ALL ON. I spend time and effort to get a team which can win fights, simply to be beaten by these hackers? I can see it now. Pokebank has RUINED THE GAME.

The game is 'unhackable', though, I hear you say.
    Ok, so, when the enemy has a team of 6 shiny pokemon all perfect IV and move sets, sometimes moves that pokemon can't even learn, that's COMPLETELY legitimate. I mean, charizard with HYDRO PUMP. YEAH. SURE. LEGIT. GOT IT.

Take this example: My Ninjask substitutes and they switch. Fair enough. Shiny charizard. Sure. Ok, baton pass out to a water type to counter the charizard... Oh, leaf blade? Oh, LEAF BLADE? *Switches off DS and punches my own face in at how far down this hacking community has delved*

Not a single PSS battle I have entered was NOT hacked. So please, someone, let me have a GOOD, LEGITIMATE BATTLE. for ONE TIME.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Well, I did say that hacked 'mons can't be used in Battle Spot. Never did I mention that hacked 'mon can't be used in PSS battles.
    Oh, and by Battle Spot, I mean in Ratings Battle. I don't play in Free Battles in Battle Spot since a lot of rage quitters are in there.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • Didn't they take off that QR code hack? Come on Gamefreak, you're better than this. I did come up against a hacked team once, and believe it or not, I beat it with my Torterra and Raikou.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Well, here is the vid I promised. Please explain how Raikou outspeeds my Talonflame:

ZRQG-WWWW-WWXK-6S6K

Please note that my Talonflame has 195 speed. Raikou's max speed allowed is 183. You can clearly see in this video that it is NOT scarfed.

PS, I would also love to point out that hacking must be possible and allowed in Battle Spot considering Diancie and Hoopa has been kicking my butt long before they have been released. I don't even think Hoopa is released yet.

I cannot see the video yet since I'm at work but I think I know: Did you frisk the item Raikou had? Because its entirely possible it just had a quick claw. Instead of being hacked, you just got haxed. Or I could be wrong.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2015
    I cannot see the video yet since I'm at work but I think I know: Did you frisk the item Raikou had? Because its entirely possible it just had a quick claw. Instead of being hacked, you just got haxed. Or I could be wrong.

I looked at the video a while back. It had Leftovers rather than a Quick Claw.

The OP believes its a hack and that there is no other option. So....

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Oh it had lefties? Probably was hacked then unless a random trick room was set up.

I should point out that it is entirely possible to hack ORAS, that's how everyone knew about Hoopa Unbound before it was revealed. I am not however, aware of just how much hacking you are able to do in the game, but it might be possible to do the speed hack as posted in the video.

Back in gen 4, when I was testing the lomits of the then AR, I actually found out that you could do an infinite HP code and it would work in link battles. Same thing here but with speed?

One thing I do know is that Hoopa is unreleased to everyone in the world still, so those are all hacked for certain.

EDIT:

I found this https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonPla..._is_coming_to_gen_6_and_the_best_part/co00u1u after watching a video of how to hack ORAS.

It's more extensive than I imagined...no sign of how the Raikou outsped the talonflame, but twenty bucks says they found some way to do it. Maybe they found a way to make pokemon hold more than one item at once?

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Alright well since no one seems to have mentioned him yet, if you want to see some hilarious hacked Pokemon footage, Pimpnite seems to have a penchant for finding obvious hackers on Battle Spot. Here are some of my favorites:

6 Final Gambit Blisseys (Blissey doesn't learn that move)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOBnW9EXjug

Contrary Deoxys (doesn't learn that ability)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDMwiYVSpCs

6 Megas on one team (not even close to possible even with Primals)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXBLAKGOID4

I've actually run into a variant on the last one personally. Player had both Charizard megas, one of which was already mega evolved in team preview. Immediate sign of a hack.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • Unfortunately people have to hack every Pokemon game.
    Ever since Emerald was released as a ROM, there was way too many cheats. Even custom made cheats. Now if you go to even a general store like Gamestop/EB Games you can find Action Replay: PowerSaves.

It's just 20$!! See how easy it is?

Back