• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So What did You do for the 4th of July?

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I know i know i'm not living in the US BUT i will be celebrating it with a few of my American friends however.

So any plans?

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    Elementary my dear GavZ. I will be having a cook out with some friends and family and then off to Fort Meade to enjoy a wonderful display of fireworks.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    I'm going to the Taste of Lombard near my house, it's huge, with lotsa carnival rides and stuff. Then we see fireworks after at night. xD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm not american but I'll also be celebrating it with my american friends by going camping.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Ah, Fourth of July, I enjoy this holiday. Last year I went to a friend's house in Orlando and did some fireworks of our own. Not to forget, we also played some great Man Hunt games with some plastic BB's and guns. However, this year will be slighltly different. I shall still be going by a friend's house, but it'll be near the evening probably not to watch fire works, but simply hang out. I'll also be spending the night only to wake up early the next morning to set off on our long trip from Florida to Colorado.

So, basically this year's Fourth of July will be more relaxing and hanging out with friends rather than doing something more drastic like I did last year with some other friends. However, maybe the next holiday I might do something more.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I will be working as well. I have a 10-7 shift on the 4th. ^_^

But I am not American, XD. I get Canada Day off instead, and that's tomorrow! :D

I'll probably head down to Parliament Hill(which is a nice perk about living in my nation's capital), and see the tonnes of people crowded around the place. I assume Stephen Harper will be out there again this year, but I may leave before I get to find out, xD. And later tomorrow night, I'll walk to Gatineau to see the fireworks display across the river. Yes, believe it or not, the best spot to view the Ontario fireworks is from the other side of the river, in Quebec. =D

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I know this might sound ignorant, but what's special about 4th July? Is it thanksgiving in America or something.. I'm british so I'm a little unsure...

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I know this might sound ignorant, but what's special about 4th July? Is it thanksgiving in America or something.. I'm british so I'm a little unsure...
    It's America's birthday, the day they became independent from your country. :P

And tomorrow is the day Canada did the same thing. xD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    We usually go to Dorney Park: Wildwater Kingdom but this year I'm trying to convince my dad to buy a new grill so we can have a nice BBQ. One can only go to a water park so many times before it gets boring...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    I would like to go to the fairgrounds in my town and see the fireworks. I'm not sure how it's going to work out this year, however; my parents might not want to go seeing as we will have to leave early the next day to go down to Long Island. I'd like for my boyfriend to come after his work shift though, so maybe I'll just wait there for him and we can watch them together. :D

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    What will I do? I'll be stereotypically bitter and grumbly about how ungrateful the Americans are for not appreciating us creating them and basically their entire society.

<3

Hopefully your from Greece then.... Anyhoo I plan to run across the border and get some wicked fireworks, then return home and have everyone beg me to come to their 4th of July celebration:)) Works every year lmao.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Well, I think were going out to my cabin. That will probably include illegal fireworks (stupid Minnesota with it's stupid laws, honestly, why are firecrakers illegal?), fishing, shooting squirrels, more fishing, tubing and kneeboarding, and maybe some water skiing.

My birthday's the day after and I'm pretty sure my dad bought me a handgun for my birthday (he left the receipt on the table =P), so chances are we're going to go shoot targets (and squirrels).

Years
    Nothing whatsoever, what with being mostly Westcountry in heritage. I'll be at home alone, though, relaxing after two days travelling for university open days. ._.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'll be doing nothing out of the ordinary, seeing as the fourth of July isn't counted as a special day in Ireland.

Back