• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen So...why do you play?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    So...why do you still play?

Recently I've started playing Leaf Green again because for some reason I enjoy the training Pokemon. Why do you guys still play?

Last edited:

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    well at the moment im playing LG and ruby cause im doing challenges :P

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • Two words:

Shiny Pokemon.

I still SR and look for shiny Pokemon in all of mine.

Two words:

Old Skool.

It's the only way you can get to Kanto in an updated game that you can still use with all the other Pokemon games.

2 + 2 = 4.

4 words:

Very fun to play.

Not to mention I can "farm" for items like one-off TMs, PP Ups, Master Balls, and catch legends for my friends if they can't get them/don't have the games to get them.

I still play because they are still very useful.
    It's also nice to see my old Pokemon.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Because LeafGreen's my only surviving game, and because I'm still addicted to it even after 12+ restarts. It's still a challenge, and I just love the game and the plot.

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
  • I play these games beacuse i love them!
    (and due to lack of money for a DS...)
    I play Ruby, Leaf Green, Gold and Blue, and i have 170 caught Pokemon + all Legendaries in Ruby!

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2008
    Because it's one of the few good games that Nintendo has made :P
    And because I like training pokemon, and I just love RPG games

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I mostly enjoy the storyline of the games. I was only doing WiFi battling for a short time, and then I retired to Shoddy. The only reason I play is that the storyline is a thriller. It's very unique and stuff. I don't play the game that much anymore, but when I do, I usually focus on the more miniature enjoyments and features of the game like Pokemon Contests and Pokeblocks, etc. :3

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
    Years
  • Well, Emearld I belive is the pinnacle of Pokemon games. The storyline is awsome, the pokemon diversity is equally awsome, and even though I've played it over like twelve times, the exoticness of the area is awsome.

Lucario Shock

Lucario Is the best!
    Years
  • I still play it because I believe that every pokemon game has its own uniqueness (Cant spell that). Meaning Every pokemon game is different. Thats why my favorite pokemon game is the Gold, Silver, and Crystal games. Brings back soo many memories to! They have my favorite pokemon region in it to. Dont make fun of me but I HATE Diamond and pearl's new pokemon. They just dont seem like actual pokemon to me. But yea, the main reason I play older pokemon games is because the pokemon in them are more like pokemon to me thats all.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2010
    I play LG and Saph when I want to take a break from all the breeding and EV training I do on Diamond. That get's old real fast, and it's nice have other games that you don't care about restarting. Item farming is also nice.

Back