• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So you are fat.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Yeah, I'm overweight, but not fat.

I was literally fat about two to three years ago, but I started working out regularly and this year I attend a supervised training course-also for a health problem that appeared suddenly, and slowly turned most of that fat into muscles. I'm around 200 lbs, I'll have you know. ;o

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
Okay, according to my BMI I'm around overweight and I have got a tummy on me (I'll be honest) however, I've just started my diet (around 3 weeks ago) and I've lost a few pounds, so I'm happy enough continuing.
I think my older sister helped and my mother and my sister are supporting me. It's even got to the point, that I've started to eat WeightWatchers and low calorie foods and drinks >.>
I've also been a little bit more active, but I wont stop until I reach my goal of somewhere around 10 stone. >.>

Years
According to BMI I am overweight. It's all on my stomach though, my arms and legs don't have much fat at all. It's barely noticeable in public, it's only when I have my shirt off that you can see it. I'll probably end up losing weight once I go back to university anyway since that's what usually occurs. I think it's more important to eat healthily rather than trying to lose weight through a diet that may not agree with your body. I mean as long as you eat well, I don't think it matters too much if you look overweight or you think you are unattractive or whatever. After all your health is so crucial for living a good life.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
No... Here is a picture:
Spoiler:

Okay I lied, but I could get into that state pretty quickly/easily if I wanted to. I barely eat anything and never have dessert, chocolate etc.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Not fat at all, but I'm not skinny (and I'm happy about that). I've got some meat on my bones, can't put it any other way, you know curvy and stuff. And a very thick skin contributes too lol. I have a high metabolism since I eat tiny things throughout the whole day so I don't really gain weight.

Years
I'm tall and skinny (not too skinny though, bone skinny is creepy; my BMI is 20 or 21) and am honestly devastated of the idea of becoming overweight. I eat just fine but don't gain anything because of high metabolism. I used to be a little bit chubby back in 6th grade, but that was thanks to puberty and it all "disappeared" once a year or two passed.

Honestly, the only advice I can give is not to continue eating after you've already had a plentiful meal since it takes your body time to realize it's not hungry anymore. Your body does adjust to how often and what you eat, but it's not good to keep chugging stuff down.

Also, to people who tend to not eat well, don't skip meals. My dad ended up in the hospital due to skipping dinner for a few months, I believe. They had to inject liquid-like food into his veins since there was a problem with his digestive system. Wouldn't want that to happen to you, would you? If you go too long without eating, your stomach will literally start to eat itself.

Health class is now over. Don't forget to do your homework, class.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I used to be very fat as a kid and I kinda looked like a huge meatball with legs, arms and a head. Nowadays I am pretty much a perfect weight, probably because of my excellent metabolism. I eat like a absolute pig and eat way too much sugar and fat, although I have a lot of stomach fat and have black teeth.What's funny it that I haver hardly any fruit/veg in my diet, the only ones I like is salad veg and dried fruit.

Another thing is that my dad's metabolism is atrocious, although the blood pressure pills he takes for him to actually live gives him almost no metabolism. His BMI is double mine (about 40 vs 19 something.) and he pretty much fat for the rest of his life. :(

tl;dr My metabolism is great yet and I'm a great weight. My dad is pretty much a polar opposite.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
I am not overweight. According to the BMI scale I am underweight, but not by much. The healthy BMI for my build and age being 19.5 and my own being 18.5.

For this reason, I can offer little advice to someone who is trying to lose weight. My entire life I have been underweight. I find it more difficult to gain weight than to lose it, regardless of how much I eat.

However, may I suggest something very simple yet effective? A healthier diet, not a crash diet, just three meals a day that are healthy, look on the internet if you can think of none. If you get hungry between meals have a healthier snack, something like fruit. Also go for a jog every day. Even if it's just a short jog around the local park. Instead of driving to the shops, walk to them. Very simple things go a long way, I have heard.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
To be colitically porrect, no one is fat. Fat is just that special thing that makes "fat" people fat. Nah, you gotta call 'em overweight or obese.

I have never, and will never be obese. I will not let my self get there. I don't have to much worry though, either. My metabolism is like super fast or something. It's probably slowly catching up to me, but I also work it off with PE, my daily walks to and from school, etcetc. I don't see how anybody could let themselves get obese like that.

To lose weight? Eat healthy, exercise. Instead of grabbing that donut, grab that apple. Instead of getting in your car for work, bring out your bike. Even if you aren't overweight, do that anyway, you'll save yourself, AND the planet. That's a win-win situation, ain't it? You could calculate yourself some big ol' diet, but I wouldn't even bother with that unless you are gonna be a pro bodybuilder. Just eat better and work out more.

If I ever do get over-weight, I would fix that immediately, before I got obese. Sorry, but I'm not gonna be like that. It's gross to me, no offense to anyone. It just shows that you don't care, that you don't try. Which is just about the worst thing that you should do. No matter what happens, I will always have enough self-care for personal hygeine-fitness. I can't say that I care about anything much other than that, tbh. Smoke, drink, tweak, whatever floats your boat, just take care of yourself, aye?

Ayselipera

Long story short. I was overweight when I was younger. It sucked. So I went on the extreme and lost it all and now I'm fine. My metabolism is horrible though so I often can't eat anything that I want to eat and stick to a really strict diet at almost all times. To compensate for hunger I just drink a load of water bottles a day and tons of tea. Everyone loves to mention to me that I should just eat regularly because eating less will slow my metabolism even more and so I have tried that while exercising at the same time for an extended amount of time and gained soooooooooooo I just rather not.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Short and skinny here, never had any problems of being remotely overweight. This despite my diet consisting mainly of greasy, fatty fried food and typically three hamburgers a day. No, I don't know how I pull off weighing only 110 pounds with that kind of diet.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have never been overweight and honestly, most of my life I have been underweight. I'm 6'1". A year ago, I was barely pushing 140 pounds. My doctor put me on the worst medication ever for depression (Elavil) and I had an unbelievable appetite. It also didn't help that I didn't sleep much because my son was a newborn (DOB 9/10/10) and kept me up all night. So I was hungry when I was up with him and I would eat a LOT of junk food (Kit Kats x.x).

I put on 35 pounds in about 3 months and I had a bit of a belly on me. Sure, my BMI was only 23.1, but I knew that the weight I put on wasn't a healthy weight. I changed doctors and stopped taking the Elavil in favor of Lexapro and my weight/appetite stabilized at 175lb. Now, I haven't been doing a lot of exercising, but I've cut out a lot of the junk food and I haven't lost any weight, but my stomach looks a lot better (more flat, I almost have my abs back... almost... if I only worked out). So, I am pretty happy with myself now.

tldr; I am not overweight and I'm not underweight, even though I used to be.

Awesome.

Gotta go fast!!!
Years
Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill
I'm pretty much in the same boat as Teresa, Tara, Syd, and all the other skinnies. I eat pretty much whatever I want, yet I consistently weigh just around 46 kilos or thereabouts. It helps that I do get some semi-regular exercise, even if it's just constant walking.

I'll jump on this boat with you kind people :d
I can eat whatever I want and however much I want and I won't gain a pound
>5'11"
>143-145
>BMI=20.1

Also for reference:
http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htmhttp://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/bmicalc.htm

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
The computer says Im overweight, I know you can really tell from that but judging on much i am active and eat I agree with it, I want to lose some weight but Im again, lazy.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm not overweight. I used to be ridiculously skinny, but I started eating a fair bit when I turned about 16, and I've been at my current weight, give or take a few pounds, since then. Mainly, I have my wonderful metabolism to thank so far, as I eat a horrendous diet and my exercise is made up of solely walking. I'm in the process of transitioning to healthier foods so that when the metabolism does collapse, I'll be somewhat ready for it.

Back