• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Soaring Sky [Flying Type club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sector

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The Flying Pokemon I think is the scariest? I'd agree with the above post with Rayquaza. yikes:
    Spoiler:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I'll have to pick Rayquaza as well since it's one of the most-feared legendary Pokemon in the series, as it's really aggressive and all. Plus, it's design shows pretty much how it interacts with Pokemon and its attitude towards 'em. :/

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • I'll have to pick Rayquaza as well since it's one of the most-feared legendary Pokemon in the series, as it's really aggressive and all. Plus, it's design shows pretty much how it interacts with Pokemon and its attitude towards 'em. :/

Please join the club if you wish to post.

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
  • i'm sorry for being inactive lately :/ i have been busy with college applications but i'm done now (: oh and i see that butterfree is the pokemon of the week so here is a userbar :P i'll try to make better ones in the near future. after all its 2012 now :D

oh and welcome crystalized and sector revenge (: i hope you enjoy being part of this club ><

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

I'd like to get caught up.

What's Your Favorite Flying type Pokemon And Why?

• It'd have to be a tie between Salamence and Skarmory. Salamence because I've always used him in the Trading Card Games as my main deck for the longest time. Skarmory because I used him quite a bit back in the Gold/Silver/Crystal days. If I had to choose any additional Flying type to my party, it'd be most likely Salamence.

Why Do You Like Flying type Pokemon?

• Always been a fond of having a Pokemon who can tear up Ground types :P via Earthquake dodger lol

What's your favourite Flying type Legendary?

• Moltres, hands down!

Which Flying type do you think is the cutest?

• Skymin vs Butterfree. I've always loved Butterfree, used her qutie a bit back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days as well. I miss using her but she isn't the best of choice compare to what we have today.
    Do you think all Flying types should be found in every region?

• You mean every Flying type Pokemon there is? No, then we'd have Shaymin to be easily found, and there's Rayquaza. I think it's fine the way it is now.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Sorry that I haven't even posted in this thread. I'll try to be more active n_n
    ~New Topic~
    Which Flying type do you think is the scariest?
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure, but I think it would be either Lugia or Rayquaza. In general, I don't find Lugia scary at all, and it's actually one of my favourite Pokémon, but I remember seeing some pictures a while back, with an incredibly scary looking Lugia, so whenever the word scary is used relative to Pokémon, I just see that picture.
    With the scary pictures of Rayquaza, I don't think I have to mention why I think Rayquaza is scary.

Which Flying type do you think is the cutest?
    The cutest one? Well that's of course my partner Pokémon, Pidgey. And you all know the saying "A picture is worth a thousand words," so I don't need more than two pictures to prove my point.
    Enjoy the eye-candy n_n

Spoiler:

Do you think all Flying types should be found in every region?
    Yes I do. Flying types are in my opinion an essential part of your journey, and I've never played through a game without a single flying type.

greg0915 said:
    What's your favourite Flying type legendary?
    As mentioned above, Lugia is one of my favourite flying types, and makes it as, not only my favourite flying type legendary, but favourite overall legendary. The reason behind that is because, Pokémon Silver was the first game that was mine alone, and also my favourite Pokémon game of all time, and as you all know, Lugia is the Silver versions legendary. It took me a long time just to find it, and when I finally did, it was the one I trained the most. I beat up everybody in my school with it, and from there on it became my favourite legendary.

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    GAH. I haven't posted for a while here ;-;

Anyway, I guess my favorite Flying legendary would be Ho-Oh. It's a freaking phoenix and I love them. And it shoots rainbows when it flies! And I liked using it on Crystal, especially when I beat everyone with it.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i'm sorry for being inactive lately :/ i have been busy with college applications but i'm done now (: oh and i see that butterfree is the pokemon of the week so here is a userbar :P i'll try to make better ones in the near future. after all its 2012 now :D

oh and welcome crystalized and sector revenge (: i hope you enjoy being part of this club ><
    nice userbar ikaro! ^^
    pic of the PotW: Mandibuzz
    Spoiler:

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
    Years
  • Which flying Pokemon is the ugliest?

*hopes i didn't offend anyone*
    i think its a competition between these few ouo
    i find it hard to love their sprites but battle wise its okay owo

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm going with Yanmega as the ugliest. I can imagine it spewing out acid or something. Ick.

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • Username: d4rka8isz
    Partner: Scyther

I think the ugliest flying type is Mandibuzz. I don't really like the bone on its head.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
    Years
  • The front page of the club has been updated and new prize pokemon have been added!!!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Oooh, I want to sign up! Please, greg, let me join!!!

Name: Mac of York
    Partner Pokemon: Poison the Gliscor

I love Gliscor =D That ground/flying combination is amazing. I also love Tornadus (TROLLnadus), Thundurus, and Landorus! Kami Trio ftw. The Kanto birds are great except Moltres. <3 Zapdos and Articuno ^^

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Oooh, I want to sign up! Please, greg, let me join!!!

Name: Mac of York
    Partner Pokemon: Poison the Gliscor

I love Gliscor =D That ground/flying combination is amazing. I also love Tornadus (TROLLnadus), Thundurus, and Landorus! Kami Trio ftw. The Kanto birds are great except Moltres. <3 Zapdos and Articuno ^^

Never noticed how many Flying type legendaries there are! The Kami Trio are certainly an interesting bunch in my mind... I was certainly skeptical of them first (mostly based on their horrible designs) but I've grown to quite like Tornadus :3 Still not a fan of the other two, but its a start! And as for Gliscor, I lovveeeee it! <3 Ash's best Pokemon ;) Also, have you tried a Toxic/Sub set for Moltres? Works wonders haha. Welcome to the club by the way! ^^

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Never noticed how many Flying type legendaries there are! The Kami Trio are certainly an interesting bunch in my mind... I was certainly skeptical of them first (mostly based on their horrible designs) but I've grown to quite like Tornadus :3 Still not a fan of the other two, but its a start! And as for Gliscor, I lovveeeee it! <3 Ash's best Pokemon ;) Also, have you tried a Toxic/Sub set for Moltres? Works wonders haha. Welcome to the club by the way! ^^

I'm just not a fan of a 4x Weakness to stealth rock... 'tis why I don't really use Volcarona, either. =P

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Which flying Pokemon is the ugliest?
    Of the ones you posted, I'd have to say Mandibuzz. I think Mandibuzz is based on a vulture, and if that is the case, it's actually considerably accurate, the thing is just that I find vultures to be preeeeetty ugly.

The flying type Pokémon I find the most ugly, though, is Tornadus. The designs of the Kami trio is incredibly ugly, to be quite honest, and Tornadus takes the prize as the ugliest of the 3. As for the colours, green and purple does NOT go well together imo, and Tornadus is a perfect example of it. Despite their ugly designs I do like the trio, though, so don't think I don't like them n_n

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back