• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Some people mentioned a higher difficulty in Platinum...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    No. It's actually quite easy. I think D/P is much difficult since it doesn't have much Pokemon too choose from.

That is true. Especially since now some of the pokemon you usually get from the pokéradar are now catchable without it. Although the Distortion World was a bit hard. Other than that, I think everything else was fine.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    I am finding hard myself, but unlike in D/P, I am training my whole team, not just 1 pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'd like to mention it also depends on how much team members you have and what types are they. Those count as well.

Fantina is a harder gym leader this time in my opinion. She has gotten tougher.

Snerd

Super Nerd
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 14, 2011
    It's not really any more 'difficult' however I have noticed that wild pokémon and in battles the levels tend to be a little higher than Diamond & Pearl.

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
  • Higher dificulty? Why would it be difficult? Level up your pokemon like meh and catch more pokemon train them. Then you can pawn all trainers/team galactic and also Gym Leaders especially Elite Four and Cynthia!

Years
  • Platinum is in fact more difficult than the other forth generation versions. Why? The trainers have higher level pokemon. This accounts for most of the increased difficulty. Other, less important things through out Platinum increased its difficulty such as different pokemon in the Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    My Post.....

If you're raising 3 or more pokemon,its difficult.I'm raising 3(staraptor,torterra,Luxray) and i'm fine,its easy.

I'm not writing every time i post this CSS design

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    The only thing I find difficult is raising a full team of six, since all the high-level trainers are spread out all over the place, usually focus on one specific type, and never answer to my VS Seeker. Otherwise, it's okay to be underleveled as long as you have tons of healing stuff.

Years
  • Some parts were more challenging, such as the completion of the Nat Dex (you actually need to fight everyone in Victory Road >_>) and the Torn World quest, but battle-wise it is somewhat easier. The rosters of the Gym Leaders and E4 don't vary in type anymore (barring Aaron's Drapion) and several hard-to-beat Pokemon in DP are significantly easier to beat now (LUCIAN'S BRONZONG), and since you have more Pokemon to choose from, your team could be more diverse.

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Carrying on from above, people have got to grips with sinnoh, and the pokemon available there (except the ones added to the sinnoh dex, but they have been in previous games).
    Therefore, people would find the game easier, no matter of the difficulty change put in place.

Isabelle

★ Emo Princess ★
    Years
  • It all depends on your Pokemon. As you can see if the level of your Pokemons is low. It would probably lose everytime. When it's high. you can pawn them all o_O.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    It depends how varied you are as a trainer & how balanced your pokemons levels are. For instance, you might have one really high leveled pokemon but weak on the rest of your team, that's not adviseable. What I'd reccomend is to do what I do which is to try and keep all your pokemon at similar levels. Like most of mine are at level 45 at the moment and I've just gone into Victory Road.
    That's what really affects the difficulty.

redragon94

~dragon~
    Years
  • well, to tell you the thruth, i havent got pokemon diamon or pearl, so i dont have a clue xD
    anyway, i didnt find it that hard, the real challenge was the league tbh, so its all about how u train your pokemon.
    i actually took my time training them and didnt care much about finishing the game, which then paid off; but this is me xD cant help it xD
    the real question is: how are you finding it atm?

also, when you beat the league the second time, the strognest pokemon (i think is cynthia's garchomp) nearly reaches lv 80 (78 i think) this is just to give you an idea. the first time they are all about lv 60-65 i think, and it was a pain to beat it!

*Vulpix09*

Lost in thought...
    Years
  • I got platinum recently, and I'm not that far into the storyline=). But I did notice that the in-game trainers' pokemon's levels are a couple higher then D/P. But some of the trainers still have pokemon that are at their final evolution a few levels below when they are supposed to evolve, which is a bit weird. One of the galactic leaders, (mars, jupiter?) has a purugly that you fight at Valley Windworks which is level 18, and Glameow dosen't evolve into Purugly until a few levels higher. But I also like the new pokemon they have included in the sinnoh dex before the national dex, like eevee and nosepass.
    Sorry for the loooong post!

*Vulpix09*

Lost in thought...
    Years
  • It depends how many pokemon you're raising. I found it quite difficult to evenly balance out the levels of my six-strong team. I noticed that when in sapphire i only trained and used my combusken, it was a good 12 or 13 levels higher then when I used a full team.:classic:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • It depends how many pokemon you're raising. I found it quite difficult to evenly balance out the levels of my six-strong team. I noticed that when in sapphire i only trained and used my combusken, it was a good 12 or 13 levels higher then when I used a full team.:classic:
    Yeah that's for sure. I was raising 4 pokemon in Platinum (they were my starter = Infernape, Staraptor, Luxray and of course Lucario) and then I catch some legends...

Back