• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Someone called my on my pokegear and told me something useful.

Years
  • Jack can also inform you of Stomp doing double damage on a Pokémon who uses Minimize. It's just a few of the move oddities that exist in these games.

Impo, Safeguard + Thrash/Outrage/Petal Dance doesn't seem to work in HG/SS as much as it did in the past games. Lance's Dragonite got confused while Safeguard was under effect on my first E4 playthrough. I thought it was weird, but yeah...

Years
  • I didn't know about Rain Dance/Thunder, but I was also surprised when I got that call.

I really wish I could call everyone back and say, "I just became the League Champion. I am not impressed by your (failed) attempts to catch low-level unevolved pokemon. Please stop calling me."

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Jack - "Did you know if you use Defense Curl, Rollout's power goes way up?"

Wow! Someone called me and told me something useful that I actually didn't know!

I thought everyone knew that ):

The only thing I didn't know was that when you walk, Pokemon come out less often. I kinda suspected it, though.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • Well, I thought everyone knew about Defense Curl by now. Incidentally, it also increases the power of Ice Ball.

Did you know, Gravity lowers the evasion of all Pokemon by 40%? This makes any move with 60% or more accuracy always hit, and increases the accuracy of less accurate moves by 67% (but not moves that OHKO). It also prevents the use of moves that involve jumping or flying. It's a very powerful weather move.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Hoen
    • Seen Sep 28, 2012
    I can't believe that less pokemon by walking slower ordeal. That NEVER works for me. But that defense curl/rollout combo is new to my ears. It seems that Gamefreak finally up'd the anty(sp?) on that pokegear of there's.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Defense curl + rollout has been in effect since Gen. II guys lmao

But I had no idea about how useful the move gravity is....*Plans team around this*

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    How'd you not know that? I figured that out in crystal. XD

I thought everyone knew that ):

The only thing I didn't know was that when you walk, Pokemon come out less often. I kinda suspected it, though.

In HGSS, after you get the shoes, you can talk to this guy on your way to Violet City who is standing on the path close to the Mr. Whoever It Is's House with the PNK Apricorn tree in the yard and he will tell you that the running shoes are great but will attract the attention of more wild Pokemon.

Because running means louder footsteps, I guess?

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • Actually I also got told something useful once: If you walk through the grass slowly you get less pokémon then when you run though it,.

I would agree, if I didn't have the Hg + Ss guide book, cause it says that in there.
    But yes, that is useful info.

ALSO if you play the Pokemon March with ya radio, more come.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • In HGSS, after you get the shoes, you can talk to this guy on your way to Violet City who is standing on the path close to the Mr. Whoever It Is's House with the PNK Apricorn tree in the yard and he will tell you that the running shoes are great but will attract the attention of more wild Pokemon.

Because running means louder footsteps, I guess?

I probably talked to that guy, then, and that's how I knew before that guy called me about it << *talks to all the NPCs :P*

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • I got one of these made a killer in my team.

Abomasnow with Blizzard (Youre thinking well duh!?)

But his ability is key here! Makes blizzard get much much much stronger.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Rollout is base 30.

Once defense curl sets in, it's 60. Of course that power keeps growing every turn...

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
  • That's not really important, it's much more important to know that Joey's Rattata is in a league of it's own, like its the best Rattata ever dude!

Last edited:
    Back