• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Someone set us up the pixel

Years
  • I sprite when I feel like it.
    I wanted to work on revamps of the first generation OW sprites.

In addition, I will be showcasing some of my newer FRLG OWs. They aren't going to be as readily available as my old ones.

New style

Red

Gold

Revamps

Hero

Rival

Professor Oak

Pokemon

NPC(s)

WIP

Misc.

Liquid Ocean

Colin

rijonAdventures

Karpman

Lois

Scott

Revisions

Gold

Wally

Proper C&C please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    There's not much I can say here that you wouldn't be aware of. Your shading is perfectly reflective of the FRLG style, and you've been able to put so much detail into them, which is great. Oak's brow caught my eye, it's just a neat little detail.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • Wow. Nice to see you Avatar. Rather inspirational.

You've done quite a bit with the limited space given by RBY sprites. My only problem would be the highlights on the Rivals hair. The front and side sprites are fine, but the back sprite's shading seems incomplete.

Years
  • I've finished the second trainer (Punk) sheet.

In addition to revamping RBY sprites, I've begun a revision of my current FRLG sprites. The only thing is that, while my current ones are available as download (although requiring a password and my permission) these revisions will not.
    I've currently done Gold.

A comparison between the new and old sprites.

My only problem would be the highlights on the Rivals hair. The front and side sprites are fine, but the back sprite's shading seems incomplete.
    It's been noted. Although, is there any chance I could have you elaborate a little on it?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I love the gold revision ;D.
    Everything seems to fit in perfectly, the small changes make it better.

But with the punk, the hair looks a bit cut off.

Years
  • If I was that good at spriting then I may make another thead, but to save the embaressment I am not. Besides I have no PC, this is my mothers. All I can say that these sprites are good and waiting to see more.

fudgy

so i herd you liek mudkipz?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    were do you get the devamped (the original) ows of the old versions (red,blue,silver,crystal,gold,yellow?)

The G.o.D.

The God of Darkness
    Years
  • Those are good overworld sprites... The only thing is that, I think, they are chubby... Overall, they are great...

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    Those are good overworld sprites... The only thing is that, I think, they are chubby... Overall, they are great...

well i like em like that xD well it really doesnt matter to mee.
    but may i was anyone where to get these devamped old overworlds? because i would like to revamp them or give it a try. or were to get everything from the old version

(includidng overworlds!)

Gacs

Custom User Title
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2008
    I love how you redid Gold and how you put so many details into all of them. Nice job.

fudgy

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2010
    er, those sprites are reeaaally short/squished. i think you should fix that

they are ovwerworlds, they are suppose to look like that. they are the main character view from the games. liek when you walk around n stuff.

btw, how do you make them look like htis? they look perfect, please pm me or post a reply telling me xD

Last edited:
    Years
  • Pokehuman, they are supposed to look like that. They are revamps of R/B/Y sprites, while maintaining the original proportions.

Anyway, they simply look fantastic, Avatar. The amount of detail you managed to speeze into those proportions is just awesome. I especially like how you did Oak's eyebrows. "Grrr..."

Anyway, keep up the awesome work, and I can't wait to see more (if you are going to make more)

Years
  • I've been working on a new spriting style as you may have noticed if you've looked at the Spriters Showcase. Originally the sprites had the same proportions as the FR/LG ones.

These are the first (and possibly only) non-JPEG samples you're going to get.

Majority of the palette is based on Kyledove's.

---

Some of you may be aware of it, some of you may not.
    But, some of the recent sprite work I did was for two hacks, Liquid Ocean and rijonAdventures.

For Liquid Ocean I sprited the main character, Colin.

For rijon, I sprited the gym leaders Karpman, Lois and Scott.

And lastly, an updated version (and my own take on the design) of Wally.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I'm not hot on the revamps of the 1st gen overworlds, not because they're bad (in fact they're really good), I just dislike the first gen style for overworlds.

However the new style you've made is simply delicious, I love the palette and characteristics, please keep these up. ;]

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I just thought I would stop by and show my support Avatar. I love the new style your working on. I'm so jealous there are not in my game :P
    I look forward to seeing more work.

Years
  • In anticipation of the unveiling of the (undoubtedly) new designs of the main characters I threw this together.

Last edited:
    Back