• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sony System Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I finally caved and bought a PS3 with my tax return money. I have to be quite honest and say it's been hooked to my TV since and my Xbox has only been on once or twice to check my friends list. XD I only bought one game so far and I wanted it to be a family game since I have a younger sister to play with, so I bought Little Big Planet 2. It's really cute and fun, but I already beat it. I want something challenging for myself and more adult oriented. :P I have been looking into Uncharted and Killzone and was wondering which is better? Or which is more preferred? What about Heavy Rain?
    They're both extremely formulaic cover based shooters, but Uncharted does it with much more style.

It'll be a strange suggestion, but I'd suggest getting NieR over them any day. It's not a huge budget game, but it's fantastic despite what people say.

Also, any RPGs besides Final Fantasy worth playing? I am not really into the RPG world as a lot of people are, so I would love recommendations since I don't really know what's out there.

One thing I'm loving about it is the PSOne classics in the store. So many titles I grew up with and loved to play! Once I have more money I'm planning on purchasing a few more. :3 Already bought some Crash Bandicoot, woot! Since I never got into the Final Fantasy series until PS2, I am also dying to play 7 and 8. That should be good fun.

I suggest looking at the entire Square Enix PS1 Classics catalog. They made the absolute best JRPGs in the PS1 era. So Threads of Fate, Legend of Mana, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Xenogears.

There are other gems like the Legacy of Kain series, MediEvil, Alundra, Arc the Lad, and a few more.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Nier is an awesome game I hate it on my xbox before I sold it.

For an RPG the only one that I really enjoy is Demon Souls. It has a huge learning crve bt once you get se to it the game is really enjoyable and different.

Also Dragon age origins. DA 2 has just come out but is set after the first one so defo get the first one. Also I find the first one better.

Good PSN titles I found are, Fat Princess, Amazing underrated game, Bomberman ultra.

Also for a cheap but awesome game fallot 3 is only £5 in the UK and an awesome game. Oblivion aswell.

For strategy RPG Disgea 3 is good, Has great comedy, the graphics however are out dated for most other ps3 games but the game in general is really good.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Thank you for the suggestions Luck & Razer302! I will definitely be looking into each of the above mentioned games. A couple of those titles I have heard of and a couple I have not. I love Fallout, I have played a bit of it on the Xbox but I haven't gotten very far into it yet. I also heard Oblivion was good and Dragon Age Origins. I will definitely be looking into Nier and the PSN and PSOne games too. Thanks guys :)

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Just got myself another PSP finally. Set me back 40 but not to bad. Finally back getting good psp games :) DJ max 2 HERE I COME.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back