• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sophrosune [Rated T]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Sophrosune

"Welcome to the World of Pokemon!"

And what a way to begin. You were apart of a group of college students that were traveling from Johto to Unova to study abroad that year. You were enjoying a lovely ship ride there.

Then tragedy, of course, strikes.

Your ship weirdly crashes, and no one on the boats knows why. The group of students thankfully meets up with the captain of the boat, Capt. Davis, and run to his personal escape boat. Right before you get in, he tells each one of you to grab a backpack near it, belonging to who knows who so at least you have something for wherever the group ends up. You all hop on and get a great head start away from the collapsing boat. Watching it as you drive away, you see the horror of it killing everything else on the boat, with no other signs of life leaving it. Everything you had and brought for your trip, that including any previous Pokemon you had, are now lost under the sea. Capt. Davis says he knows where they are, and that he can make a safe trip to Sinnoh, which is not to far off from where they were.

All good, right?

Gas depletes, and you're now mercy to the powerful waves that suddenly come by, steering you off course and away from where Sinnoh apparently was. Great.
    The rest of the day goes by, and you fall asleep, unknowing of your future. You wake up to hear Capt. Davis yelling in delight that the waves are shoving you over to land nearby! You end up on a small portion of beach that's apart of a town by the name of Nutteini. It's ridiculously small for a town, having very few buildings and the strange aura of claustrophobia. Upon exploring the town, you find out you're in the region of Sophrosune. Please tell me that's a good thing. All we need is a boat or airplane out of here, right?

Sorry. Sophrosune has no airplanes or boats going out of it. Its history is a colorful one, constantly having revolutions, civil wars, and threatening other regions. Once the rest of the regions declared they are cutting off all communication with Sophrosune, saying that if they so much try to or initiate war, the rest of the regions will team up and make Sophrosune smoldering rubble. No one is allowed in or out. After being segregated from the outside world, the region went under martial law, and is now being run by a new type of government that stemmed out that. The Authoritative Organization of Sophrosune, or AOS, is what they like to call themselves. They have good intent; in fact, their main goal is to reconnect Sophrosune with the other regions and live together in harmony with them. However, they've felt the needs to use some "assertive" techniques. This was inspired thanks to the increasing number of Marauders, who have this unrelenting desire to take over Sophrosune and have anarchy. Why they are constantly increasing in population and even working together in groups is unknown to the AOS. The Marauders are known to attack people with their Pokemon to steal the victim's Pokemon, things, pretty much anything they can get. There have definitely been some stories of taking over towns and kidnapping, too. The AOS, in rebuttal, have bordered all routes and cities in their control with a tall barb-wire fence and patrols. Anyone seen coming over that fence from uncontrolled areas or has any suspicion around them to be or associated with Marauders is taken in for interrogation. If found guilty, they, well "disappear." Not that they necessarily die, they just…. disappear. No bodies have ever been found. Many towns, cities, and routes are blocked off by the AOS barbed wire that use to be apart of Sophrosune as a whole. Whatever is not controlled by AOS is dubbed Marauder territory.

Well that's lovely.

Well, anyway, you're stuck here in Nutteini Town. The group of you discovers that there is a Pokemon professor in the town! Maybe they know something about how to get off of this wretched region despite everything. The professor, the jittery Pr. Marili, says that there is a rumor that the Champion of the Pokemon League has special privileges to leave and participate in activities in outside regions.

Pr. Marili, seeing as most of you are eager, sets you up with a choice of Pokemon eggs, which she has had for a while and can't hatch them all herself. She's weirdly given each one a name….

Spoiler:

But all of Pr. Mirili's… odd names aside, which one appeals to you more for your journey to be Champion and get out of here?

Or, do you want to leave? This is a brand new region with untold mysteries! Maybe you want to explore those instead? Seems like fun, and you never know what you could stumble on.

Perhaps you agree with the AOS…. Maybe you can save the world's relationship with Sophrosune and finally bring peace to this region and redeem its past!

Or, maybe, the Marauder life is for you. Maybe you like taking things to aid with your Pokemon training and think about it, if they take over the region, just imagine the possibilities once they do for you future. Livin' the good life! Where do I sign up?

Whatever your goal is, there's one thing you all can agree on. This was sure not what you thought your first journey as a trainer would be like.

By the way, what backpack did you pick up? It contains what you are able to start of with, and you're certainly going to need it. Was it the…

Spoiler:

---

Now unlike other RP's, there is a special system that goes along with your character.

It is called the Luck System.
    Spoiler:

Now the Pokemon system. It differs from the usual RP's, too.

Welcome to a Pokemon universe where they are twenty types. Yep! Each individual type has five defenses and weaknesses, and all the Pokemon you've come to know and love will have different typing. There are also new moves they can learn, making even Pokemon you've raised before in other RPs or actual games a new and exciting experience.

Key: The type on the left are defending, which mean the top are attack types from opposing. Blue is Not very Effective and red is Super Effective. (Take for instance, if you travel the horizontal line for Colorless, you'll find out that Beast type attacks are good against it.)

Here are the matchups:

Sophrosune [Rated T]

Confused to what the types mean?

Spoiler:

And also, we have stats. Because we're actually using the damage formula, people! if you want, this is all the technical stuff:

Spoiler:

tl;dr
    So basically, the leveling up and stats systems from the game are still intact, and when you're battling an NPC or wild Pokemon, you and me will battle. Wild Pokemon do not have EVs, but trainers will have some tacked on. Depending on the type of trainer, more or less EVs will be spread.

If it's against another RPer, Each person will VM me the Pokemon they're sending out first. Whoever has the higher speed, I will VM them to call an attack. Once the VM me back their attack, I will VM the opposing person with the attack and the amount of damage that it will cause if they don't dodge it. Then the person gives their response to the attack (whether they dodged it or not) and the attack they call out. And then I VM the other person with what happened, and the damage total.

NOTE THAT YOU CAN NOT DODGE TWICE IN A ROW. ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO DODGE, YOU ARE UNABLE TO DODGE AGAIN FOR TWO TURNS.

This prevents dodge godmodding. Once one side has fallen, I will PM the winner the full battle log and they make a post about it, sprucing it up. After their post is up, the loser will continue with their mission post-battle once the battle post is put up by the winning member. Like how they're feeling, how they potion'd all their Pokemon up or ran back to town, etc. etc.

NOW ONTO THE GYMS.

There are twenty gyms scattered around Sophrosune, one for each type except ????. Remember, you have no idea what this region looks like and you'll never get a map so you don't know where they are. Because the AOS has only ten gyms in its territory, you'll only need to beat ten gyms to be able to go in to the Pokemon league. They can be any combination of the twenty, since the badge reader was wired to accept all of them. When you face a gym, the gym leader will take note of your badges obtained so far and change their pokemon accordingly to provide a challenge. Beat all twenty, and you (besides be noted for showing off and being overqualified for the Pokemon League) will be provided with a little somethin' somethin'. Not telling what though, it's a suprise!

[The gym leader's sillouettes will be provided here once I'm done, and once any RPer reveals them, their full battle sprite will show. If you guys manage to find all twenty, you each will get a great thing granted to you for free! No luck points required!]

Don't think they're all gonna be right there in their gym waiting for you. They're human, and they can travel around. You might just bump into one!

AND NOW FINALLY HERE ARE THE RULES AND SU's.

Rules:
    Spoiler:

SU:
    Spoiler:

I'm accepting ten players to start.
    ALL SPOTS FILLED AND THE RP HAS BEGUN!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL PLAYERS!

Jester Egg - Claude Jester as played by Neiko Star!
    The Clandestine One - Taylor Anderson as played by XxSweetDreamsXx!
    Rabbit Ruby - Hiro as played by The Final Watchman!
    Cookie Dough - Rayne "Ray-Ray" Carter as played by Fearless Love!
    Dirty Max - Sefredo Settimio as played by Ethan Gold!
    Mr. Genie - Lynette Geoux DePouilles as played by Searn!
    Hoodsy - Ciel Bellerose as played by Sewaddle!
    Kelp's Supper - [FONT=a9a777c99c11e1a705ab1fa0#2c0d00]Galios "Gale" Regalium S. Astrium as played by CyBeastSaber!

Calm Poser - Dominic "Dom" Whelan as played by King!!
    Wick Wire - James Langden as played by Arcaray!

Spoiler:
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Can I reserve the Jester Egg? I don't have an RP sample right now, unfortunately...

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @Neiko Star- Reserved!

Well I'm looking for anything from past RP's, but, you can create a sample for me to read. And here, if you can't think of anything:

The character is Jane. She is a fiesty and reckless girl that is now trapped in a forest all alone at night. She only has her Zigzagoon, Mailow. She encounters a dazed Spinda, and seeing it as a threat, battles it and it faints. Jane quickly starts running to the next town.

Make a sample and create your actual character. :3

@Ethan Gold - Reserved!

Looking forward to it!

@Everyone -

Just updated the type chart. Every type has five strengths and five weaknesses, and as an attack, has five strengths and weaknesses.

Can anyone say balanced?

Can't wait for more RP'ers! Remember guys, get those SU's up ASAP!

Last edited:

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    May I have a reservation for the Mr. Genie egg please? This looks like a great RP.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years

Well unless you're made of kelp, you can't eat it. It's reserved for kelp-like creatures. >:C

Speaking of reserved stuff, you've been Reserved! for this RP, too.

Hahaha.... But but!
    (Conscience): "No buts!"
    Auuuu~ I guess I'll work on my SU then conscience!
    (Conscience) "Yeah you better..."
    I'll post it in this message. Time to have me some fun. Hooray for First Person PoV!
    Cy's Attempt at a SU
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
    Name: "Let's see..." *picks up ID card and starts reading* "Galios Regalium S. Astrium... Urgh I hate that long name. Just call me Gale."

Appearance: (Well you gotta look like something. 2 paras min.) {"If I go over 2 paragraphs... It'd be too awesome so I'll just do two."} :D
    "Okay... Well I got my golden blonde hair and azure blue eyes from my mother so pretty much I have her looks. My hair is shortly layer on the back and my bangs falls short above my eyes... Care to check? Moving on, I have a healthy light brown tan from my outdoor activities and my body... is something I hate to describe. It's pretty average in that I have small but toned muscles for my upper and lower body and I am not overly fat or anything, but I can say I'm getting a bit pudgy on my upper arms. I have a few scars around my body but I won't say because well... they are from important events in my life... like this big one across my lower left side. I stand at about 5 feet and 7 inches tall and weigh about 170 pounds. Somehow I feel fat..."

"For clothing, I'm either well dressed or extremely casual. From black slacks, a white long-sleeved shirt and brown loafers to my casual light blue T-shirt with an occasional grey vest, blue jeans with a brown belt, and black running shoes with ankle high white socks, I am currently wearing the latter during my trip. I also started wearing some finger-less blue gloves for reasons even I don't know, along with various other accessories. I wear a dual ruby and sapphire pendant belonging to my mother which I received from her many years ago, and my father had given me one of his beloved silver-plated pocket watches that I keep within my right pocket, and it's silver chain is clipped to one of the closer belt loops to my right pocket."

History: {Random voice talking in omnipotent mode}
    Galios Regalium S. Astrium... He was-
    "Hey hey! I can talk about myself just fine, thank you, you random voice!" *voice is sad and runs off crying* "Now where were we... Oh yeah. Well, I was born in Celadon City, that's in Kanto. My parents weren't too rich or anything but they were hard workers and gave me the best that they could. I wonder how they are doing... but anyways, I grew up in Celadon City."

"As a kid, I was pretty active. I like to run around town but not too far as to worry my parents, and I'm usually with my friends. We were a troublesome bunch but otherwise good kids who everyone found to be bright and healthy, or so they say. I tried not to cause too much problems for my parents because they still worked themselves to the bone and all and so I kept a good image to show my respect for them. Most of the time that I am at home, I would be alone but thinking about it like that would be depressing, so I would do chores around the house to kill time until my parents got home. They were pretty surprised their little boy was cleaning the house but I would shrug and say I was bored or something. Regardless, the smiling faces of my parents were good enough for me and I wanted to help them in my future."

"And so the years went by, I wasn't as chaotic as in my childhood years, I mean compared to now I'm sure I'm not as chaotic. School was fun in it's unique ways and taught me a lot. Middle school was full of hormones-raging couples, nerds, and otakus, which I am a mix of the latter two sadly to say. High School wasn't much different except the level of display was a bit more apparent with couples and nerds will be nerds as are the otakus. I started playing a little soccer then but I wasn't too devoted to it as I was to my studies. I made a lot of friends during high school and tried to have the most fun I could. I learned a lot about Pokemon as well but I never really thought of a time to actually become a trainer yet. Things went by pretty fast. I graduated at the top 10 of my class, with me being number 10, hehe, and I had just applied to a college in Johto. Things went smooth for that year and I'm starting my second with a trip abroad from Johto to Unova! Man was I excited... to say the least before the ship sank..."

Personality: (Lemme get inside your brain here. 2 paras min.) {"HAAA? NO PROBING ME!"}
    "Let's see... With my friends, I would compete with them to see who was better at stuff and I hate to lose, although I have lost quite a bit of times. Regardless of the competitiveness, I think friends are your second family and so I take care of them when they need it, and they feel the same about me... or at least I think they do, but as long as I am able to help them, I'm happy. It's hard for me to get angry at things because I try to stay positive, but if I ever get angry, I try to get angry for 5 seconds and then just let it go. Staying angry for long periods of time is bad for your health so I advise you not to. I have a knack for pursuing knowledge so I can end up reading books in long silences where you'd probably have to do something to scare me out of it unless I stop for a brief period of time, like say... going to the bathroom, etc. But yeah, I'm a bookworm as of lately."

"Because I used to be alone a lot around the house, I am quite good with things related to doing household chores like cleaning, sewing and the such... blame my mom for the latter! I had nothing to do with it!" *sweatdrops* "I'm pretty friendly if you talk to me and you might find me running my mouth off on random topics at times so try to tell me to stop if I do. Across from that, I can also be a tentative listener because I find stories fascinating and enjoyable as well as possibly learning from other people's experiences too. A story is only as good as the person telling it... I think." *facepalms* "I also have a tea problem and that I usually drink tea in the afternoons under a tree or at least I wish I could but not for anytime soon... Accursed ship sinking with my tea packets..."

Egg: "My egg? Oh... You mean that salty smelling Kelp's Supper!" (Auuu~ I want some... T0T)

Backpack: *facepalms* "Ugh... Of all the... I can't remember... was it... this one?" *picks up the Blue Backpack* (Searn makes a simple debate and I agree thus changing it from Indigo to Blue even if they are similar.)

RP Sample: (I want some good, creative RP'ers for this. Show me something that will kick me off my feet.) {Kick you off your feet? I'll blow you away like a GALE! Muwahahaha... ... ... Okay, not funny. Creative huh.... I dunno... I'm not very creative if you ask me but I can get a bit detailed at times. : O}
    Scenario: (given by Kiyoshi himself)
    [Gale is on the beach of a random town to which he doesn't know that name of. He decides to see if any Fluid-types are in the water. He spots a Magikarp, which looks harmless until it jumps up and smacks back fin hard against Gale's face, causing him to fall down. finish it by telling how Gale manages to render it unconcious. Don't mention any other Pokemon you might have, but you can mention Kelp's Supper.]
    --------------------------------------------------------------​
    With a strong fin slap to his face, Gale had toppled over and hit the sandy surface of the beach with the small waves rushing up to engulf his body as much as they could before receding back to the ocean. Partially wet and with his face stinging quite a bit, Gale gripped his face with his left hand and slowly picked himself up. As he looked through his fingers at the undaunting foe that was a Magikarp, Gale was determined to subdue his foe. The Magikarp was just floating in the shallow water as if nothing had happened, and Gale thought to try it once more to get closer to it, but with more caution now that he had found out that the Magikarp would attack anyone, or maybe just him, that invaded into it's space. Pulling his soaked black shoes and white socks off and placing it next to his egg and other accessories away from the water, Gale rolled up the ends of his pants into a cuff just below his knee, and slowly approached the Magikarp, stepping slowly into the water. With each of his cautious steps he made, the slight noise echoed to the Magikarp and though it heard Gale coming, it had chosen not to move yet. Brimming with confidence, Gale jumped as quickly as he could to grab the Magikarp, and with retaliation, the Magikarp jumped and quickly returned to him yet, another strong tail fin slap to his face knocking him backwards once again before it entered back into the water with a small plopping noise. His first encounter with the pokemon called the weakest of all was quite an amusement if anyone should ever see. Still clutching his face which was in even greater pain than before, Gale laughed to himself.

"Among Magikarp, this one is quite devious and powerful too." Gale muttered to himself. "I think I might need something to help me." With that said, Gale probed the beachfront to see if there were anything he could use as a weapon. Little to say, there was almost nothing save for a few shells, the golden dirt, and something brown protruding from it's grounds. The brown object had caught Gale's attention and he made a run over to it. Gale inspected the item which looked like a tree branch and a rather thick one. Wrapping his hands around the protruding piece, he gripped and pulled with all his might to unearth the branch and surely enough, he had done it, however, he used too much strength and sent himself into a tumble backwards as the branch had flown out of his hands. A chuckle escaped from him as he laid sprawled upon the golden sand.

"With this, maybe I can make something happen." Gale chuckled again before he pushed himself off the ground with his hands and knees and walked over to pick up his weapon. With the stick that was about a forearm and a half's length in hand, he made his way back to the Magikarp with hopes it had not fled. Thankfully for him, the Magikarp was still there swimming peacefully one would think. Gale placed the stick in his right hand and turned his body to the right slightly as to shield the Magikarp's view from his weapon. Once more, Gale approached the Magikarp feeling even more confident than the last. Gale feinted a jump at the Magikarp but stopped and the Magikarp again, jumped at him. Gale was able to time and dodge it this time before swinging his tree branch at the Magikarp. A loud "twack" could be heard as the tree branch connected with the Magikarp and sent it flying towards the beach. With a few flops, the Magikarp became still and fell unconscious. For a moment there, Gale thought he had saw a faint image of a bar that was full run to empty above Magikarp.

"Oh yeah! Super effective Critical Hit!" Gale shouted as a joke and sighed a sigh of relief as he wiped the sweat from his forehead with his arm and walked over to the Magikarp. Gale dropped the tree branch beside him before falling to the sand on his behind and with his hands behind supporting him up, he sat cross-legged by the pokemon he had fought. A small laugh escaped from Gale as looked at Magikarp and then back to the ocean.

"For a Magikarp... you have one mean Tail Whip... you know that?" Gale said to the fainted Magikarp and smiled before he had to carefully roll around to himself his abnormally heavy Kelp's Supper egg, as it was called by the odd Professor Mirili, and placed it in between his legs. With his right hand, Gale softly rubbed the cold surface of it's shell.

"Now, I wonder what YOU are hiding..." Gale whispered to the egg and patted it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------​

EDIT:
    I haven't RPed in a long time so.... Can I go slap on a Sample RP I did in the past? I'm sure I can still manage now. But I guess I will write a Sample... Just for you. :P
    EDITTED: Alrighty I'm done. Take a look at it. I did some minor changes to age and stuff and not the best but hey, that was what's sitting in my head at the moment. Hehehehe... And YES I know Magikarp doesn't learn Tail Whip or anything. xDDD

Last edited:

Searn

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Name: Lynette Geoux DePouilles

History: "DePouilles" is a name known all around Kanto for the modern empire that has erected during the 20th century. Lynette's father's story is a true "rags to riches" story, beginning in the humble town of Vermillion City. His father owned a small shipping company that used its port to transfer homemade goods throughout each region. After his father's death, DePouilles II took over the industry and made some small investments in a fast food restaurant that exploded across Johto within a few months. Soon, after moving closer to work, he met the woman he would later marry: Clarisse.

Clarisse was a humble, beautiful woman who passed her looks to her daughter. She took off unexpectedly one night, realizing how much the man, who seemed to have changed after a few paychecks, had used her. She left the child and the estate behind in hopes of her nightmare finally ending. Lynette had grown to be a "daddy's girl" anyway, so had the most expensive lawyer not stomped out her chances of taking the child, the girl's wishes surely would have snuffed out all hope.

Lynette's father has always hated how pokémon have been used. However, he felt he needed protection from prominent gangs, so he purchased a Salamence to ensure his safety. Irony reigned when the Salamence felt neglected and decimated its master, escaping his tyranny when Lynette was only 15. Her father never influenced her view of pokémon, however. There were many days her successful father abandoned her for important meetings. Lackadaisical strolls through their private garden were often a part of Lynette's daily routine. She encountered many pokémon through these walks, filling a void in her heart. All she wishes for now is the absolute best for these mysterious animals.

Appearance: Lynette stands at about 5' 6" and weighs only 105 lbs. She would normally have long, flowing hair that would fall to her mid back section. Without ribbons, it falls to her thighs, forcing her to cut her jet-black mane short after the shipwreck. Now, it has the "current, messy look" that she had seen in magazines. Half of her face is covered by the new hairdo, concealing one of her gray eyes that has dulled since her happiness left, half of a mouth that never sees a smile, and a scar on her left cheek. Her eyes are gray at first look, but actually just a blue with no hint of a sparkle.

Luckily, she decided to wear designer casual clothing that consisted of raggy jeans, some black tennis shoes, a hat, and a ripped shirt with no sleeves over a graphic tee, great traveling clothes. Everything she wore had some dark and light shades of purple which is why she chose the violet backpack and egg.

Personality: Lynette has always been quick to speak against people she deemed unworthy. Anyone "below" her saw her arrogant, upfront attitude. This quality is a double-edged sword, though. Her upfront, blunt honesty shows everyone the worst of a friend she'll be; if people can last through that, they'll surely be a close friend to her.

She truly is a kindhearted woman at heart, too. She never means to hurt anyone and feels it is absolutely necessary to tell people what they should know. Her inexperience at socializing may reward her with awkward speech, sometimes, and a frank speech, but all of the friends she has made stay close to her. Since her father's death, though, she has increased her cold attitude towards people, seeming as though she now looks for imperfections in people. She has become lonely, secretly striving to have some sort of friend.

Egg: Mr. Genie (It matches the backpack)

Backpack: Violet (Why not match if you are stranded?)

King!

better
    Years
    omg kiyoshi this is amazing~ <3

Can I reserve the Calm Poser egg, please? I'm going to have to go back and re-read everything, there's so much info. xD

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    Searn, I looked at your Silph Co. Chronicles posts and am using that as your RP sample. And with her great character Lynette, she is now officially the first person to be Accepted.

Also, got a VM from XxSweetDreamsxX for reserving the Clandestine One, so that egg if now Reserved!

And thank you King!. X3
    You know what, how about you be Reserved!

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
    Hey there! Oooh! Awesome looking RP.

Can I reserve the Cookie Dough Egg? Please :)

I really wanna join this RP!! :)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @CyBeastSaber - Well, I have to say you sure have one quirky character! Your RP sample is very much up to standard, too.

You know what that means?
    Mr. Galios "Gale" Regalium S. Astrium is now the second person to be Accepted.

Violet and Blue Backpacks are gone!

@Fearless Love - R-R-R-R-Reserved!

----

Now I just recieved a VM saying that there is a lot of confusion to the Luck System and Battle System.

Here is the Luck System as simple as I can put it:

It's a new, special system that is attached to your character. During your journey, there is stuff that will make you gain more Luck Points and spend Luck Points.

You'll get Luck Points by having good posts, and I'll award you more extra depending on what you do in the post, like tipping a shopkeep and paying full price for an item.

You'll automatically spend some Luck Points when you do stuff that presses it. Meaning, Haggling, Catching a Pokemon, Jumping the AOS barb-wire fence, etc.

You can have up to 50 Luck Points. After that, you can't gain any more.

You can buy a "thing" to happen to your character, and the more you spend, the better the "thing." It's beneficial for you to buy "things."

You can always buy a thing, even if you're in debt.

More specificially, a "thing" is a beneficial event that will happen to your character.

The debt here is called Unlucky Debt. You can have up to 20 points of it.
    This happens when you're low on Luck Points and you're still spending.

There are bad "things" that will automatically trigger if you're in debt. The more debt you have, the worse fate will treat you.

Also, during each mission, one of you will automatically be given a random beneficial "thing" at the cost of your Luck Points, no matter low large or little they may be. It has varying intensity.

And the Battle System?
    I take care of all the math myself, so don't worry about it.
    All you should care about is training your Pokemon.

If you want to battle another RP'er because you run into them, both of you will VM what you're going to send out. Whoever has the faster speed stat goes first, and I VM them saying they can make the first move. They VM me their attack. I do some math and VM the opposite person with what attack was called and how much damage it does. It goes like this until one RP'er is out of Pokemon.

You can dodge, but once you do, you can't dodge until two turns later.

Winner is PM'd the full battle log and makes a post about it, while the loser has to wait until its posted and tell their character's story post-battle.

If you battle an NPC, you'll be facing me. Pretty much works the same.

Everyone happy?
    Please, if you have any questions, never hesitate to ask! I'm happy to answer them and clear any confusion!

Last edited:

Fearless Love

self-proclaimed anime dork
    Years
    Well, I have most of this SU done...except for the RP Sample. Well, I'll get working on that, but for now, here is my SU. If anything is wrong, then tell me, and I shall do my best to fix it!! :) Like if I need to elaborate more on a part of two, please let me know. :)

Name: Rayne "Ray-Ray" Carter

Appearance: Rayne stands at about 5 foot 6 inches, and her weight puts her more on the skinny side. She has black hair, outlined with light pink streaks. Her hair is generally a few inches past her shoulders when down and brushed, but force of habit would have her put it in one ponytail. Her bangs reach down to just barely below the bottom of her eyes, and she is constantly pushing her bangs out of her face. Her eyes are a sea green color, and are often hidden by her bangs. She has small, brown freckles dotted across her nose and cheeks, and her cheeks are often pinkish in coloring.

For clothing, she will generally wear a shoulder less, red and white stripped shirt, with the sleeves only reaching to her elbows. Above this, she will usually wear a white dress vest, which is usually held together by its two buttons. She will also wear red half gloves along with red wristbands. Another article of clothing she is known for wearing is a red scarf, which she usually refuses to remove from around her neck, for reason she has yet to reveal to anyone. She also wears a black miniskirt and a white belt. For shoes, she is known for wearing black slip-on shoes, but is also often seen in just her white socks.

History: Rayne grew up as the youngest child in her family. She had two older brother, Joshua and Liam, who lived along with her and her mother. Joshua was the closest to Rayne's age, being only a year older than her, while Liam was a little farther from their age, having a five year age gap. Liam acted as the rule enforcer of the family, since their Mother was sick and their Father had left in the early years of Rayne's life. Joshua always acted a bit childish for his age, and he loved to rough-house, which is part of what, later on, gave Rayne her tough side.

Growing up, she lived with the constant teasing of her name. Kids would often sing or say "Rayne, Rayne go away. Come again another day." in mock of their childhood nursery rhyme. This is another contributor to her tough side, as she learned early on that not all people are going to treat her right. As a child, she spent a lot of time at home, and her best friend was her brother, Joshua. Due to the amount of time other kids spent picking on her and teasing her, she often found that she wasn't fond of the company of those around her.

In more current years, she introduces herself as "Ray-Ray Carter", rarely ever mentioning her actual birth name. By now, her Mother is extremely sick, and is being taken care of by Liam, who is currently twenty-three years of age. Another sad fact, is that Joshua inherited the cause of their mother's illness, and is thus also in need of care. Her initial response was to stay home and help Liam with caring for their two sick family members. Though, Liam urged her that it would be good for her to get up and out of the house, and perhaps a little ways a way for a while. She argued with this at first, but eventually enrolled in college, where she became one of the kids traveling to Unova to study abroad.

Personality: Rayne is a tough girl, and she knows how to take care of herself. She believes in living in the moment, and doing things sooner rather than later. She is a hard worker and has no problem offering others help when they are obviously in need of it. She is kind and soft hearted, but most do not truly get to see this side of her through her tough exterior. She likes to make others happy, and often worries about the well being of those around her, and if she senses something is wrong, she will find a way to see both the problem and the solution, offering help in her own way.

She often gets lost in thought, sometimes so much that she will lose track of where she is, and often stumbles and falls. Due to how spaced out she can be, she is often easy to startle, which could lead to slight out lashes at the source of what startled her. She is easily irritated by those of a rash nature, feeling that the best decisions are made once analyzing the situation. At the same time, she knows how to think on her feet, making quick, smart decisions.

Egg: Cookie Dough

Backpack: Green Backpack

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Sefredo Settimio

Appearance: Sefredo is fair skinned. He also has curly black hair and blue eyes that he inherited from his grandfather. He has a majestic looking nose as a family tradition as well.

Sefredo usually wears a black and white linen jacket over a white t-shirt with a picture of "Darth Kaiser", a character he is particularly fond of. He wears black jeans with a fake brand belt and wears a black sneaker. Overall, he tries to keep up with the latest fashion back in his home region.

History: Sefredo's family moved to Johto when he was seven years old so his father can start a business. He vaguely remembers his home region and tries to become patriotic to fill in the void of not remembering his home region well.

He studied at a private school for most of his life until he got the results for his secondary education. Although his grades were good, the school declared his grades subaverage. Enraged by his school, he left after beating a teacher badly. He eventually found a college in Unova and decided to set sail.

Personality: Sefredo at a glance can be seen as a sneaky man who kept things to himself. That was one of the reasons he didn't have much friends. Other reasons for his unpopularity were that he always bragged about his home region and he never stopped flirting until he was beaten. His trait of being hot-headed is something to note.

Although people would think of him negatively most of the time, he does have some redeeming qualities. He is actually kind hearted, loyal and trustworthy but his postive traits are almost always overshadowed. He is also seen as a patriot to his home region.

Egg: Dirty Max

Backpack: Green

RP Sample: He had to be on the wrong plane. He clearly had to be lost. The place didn't look like the luxurious Franchico at all. Jack had a nearly photographic memory of a picture of what the island was supposed to be from a travel leaflet provided but it didn't look close to it at all. Not even a cloud.

There were supposed to be beautiful white sand, regal blue ocean, happy banana sellers, street performing bands and cheerful children in this island. Instead, he was greeted with sand stained with red, the ocean desecrated with wrecks and miscellanious junk, a man sleeping on rotten bananas, a band playing with new instruments called the AK-47 and children screaming for their lives.

The Plusle shuddered in fear as he further observed the horrid sight. His holiday was supposed to be in paradise, not in hell. To add insult to his injury, he would have to stay a week on the forsaken island as a part of his holiday package. He wanted to cry under the comfort of his trainer.

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years
    @CyBeastSaber - Well, I have to say you sure have one quirky character! Your RP sample is very much up to standard, too.

You know what that means?
    Mr. Galios "Gale" Regalium S. Astrium is now the second person to be Accepted.

Hahaha.... Quirky is the LEAST of it! Not to mention this is gonna be my first quirky character I've made. XD Well... things are looking to a good start. Dang... I don't get any luck points for that do I? :3
    EDIT: Yeah I know. 8D Ah shucks. ^^;

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @Fearless Love - I'm usuing your posts in The Underdogs as your RP Sample, not to worry. I hereby decree that Fearless Love's character Rayne "Ray-Ray" Carter is now the third memeber to be officially Accepted.

@Ethan Gold - Your SU was kinda bare bones, but it gave enough detail on your character. However, since Fearless' post was first, please pick a different color backpack.

Ethan Gold's Sefredo Settimio is the fourth Accepted. member, regardless.

Good job on the SU's, guys!

@CyBeastSaber - Heh. XD;

Actually, depending on what backpack you took, you'll get 1 to 10 Luck points starting out. Which means one of them contains only 1, another contains 2, etc.

But.... which is which? Just go with your favorite color that's not taken.

Back