• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sophrosune [Rated T]

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    I'd like to reserve the Rabbit Ruby, please and Thank you?

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Name: Claude Jester

Appearance:

Claude has long, platinum blonde hair that he ties with a a thin white ribbon. He is usually seen with his ponytail thrown over his left shoulder. His eyes are hazel, leaning towards green, and somewhat cold. He has a lean figure and delicate, maybe even effeminate, features: a convex, borderline aquiline nose, a pointed chin, and thin eyebrows. He is sometimes made fun of for 'looking like a girl'.

Most of the time, Claude wears an expensive white chinese suit with black borders and collar, for no apparent reason other than he likes it and that it annoys some people. Underneath, he wears a simple white T-shirt, surprisingly enough. He only ever takes off his suit at home, though. He also wears fancy-looking black pants and, unexpectedly, normal white sneakers. Claude always looks impeccably neat, despite his white suit being very easy to soil. His skin is a bit on the pale side and he avoids tanning because 'it wouldn't match my hair'. It is said that he has the soft and beautiful hands of a person who has never worked, though this isn't exactly true, as he has several cuts on his hands for an unknown reason. He is also somewhat short, a fact that embarasses him greatly, though he doesn't show it. He's also quite light, due to his small stature. He is known to dislike jewelry.

Personality

Claude is what people call a useless pretty boy. Despite getting into one of the best colleges in the region, he doesn't take any of his work seriously and is often found skipping classes. He seems apathetic to what happens around him, and shows a lack of empathy for his classmates. He's irresponsible and is shown messing around even when other people are in a serious situation. He likes to fool around with girls and he often has an annoying smirk on his face. His colleagues find him unpleasant and his demeanor is infuriating, especially since they know that as lazy and negligent as he is, he's quite brilliant and knows his stuff. Not that he helps, most of the time. During team assignments, he is known to loaf around and shove all the work to his teammates.

Claude is well aware of what people think of him, but doesn't really care. At least, that's what he tells himself. He's actually quite insecure. He doesn't trust himself to be in any position of power; he's always refused Pokemon training no matter how much his father insisted. This is the reason that mocking his height (something he finds 'normal' to be touchy about) is one of the only ways to frustrate or embarass him openly. His colleagues find it surprising and 'unlike him'. He's actually a very logical person. That's why when he knows he doesn't have to worry, he doesn't. This makes him seem insensible to others. He's also a neat freak, and hates to have his belongings touched or disorganized. Claude knows when to be serious, and he actually does care, though it doesn't seem that way.

History:

Claude's family was richer than average. He was a brilliant student, so he easily made it in a top college in Unova. They came from Johto, where technology was less advanced, and things were more traditional. Nobody's sure where he got the chinese thing from, though. As he grew up, Claude received training in different forms of art, though he had a penchant for music. His favorite instrument was the harp. His father gave him a Pidove for his birthday one day; an exotic Pokemon that couldn't be found in the Johto region.

Claude cherished the Pidove and nicknamed it Peace. As a child, he had always loved birds, especially elegant ones (that was why his favorite Pokemon at the time was Swanna; he had been very disappointed to discover they couldn't be found in his home region). He tried training it, but he was inexperienced. Then, his parents gave him a new Pokemon each birthday. When he turned ten, he decided to try Pokemon training seriously, so set out to the nearest route with some Pokeballs to try and catch a 'team member'. Unfortunately, they lived in Olivine, so the wild Machoke that appeared was out of their league. He had four Pokemon at that point. He thought that since he knew a lot about Pokemon and since they had the type advantage f they all worked together they could defeat it. He was wrong. Peace was defeated swiftly and brutally. And it seemed like the rest of their attacks didn't hurt it at all. Claude was then faced with a decision: run or continue to fight. Being a rash kid at the time, Claude decided that he could win if his Pichu could pull off a Sweet Kiss. But none of his Pokemon had the time to make a move before they were knocked out. When the Machoke flexed its muscles and turned towards him, Claude quickly stumbled away as fast as he could in panic. It was only after he was back in the city that he realized that he had abandonned his Pokemon. He tried going back where he came, but the route was vast. He spent hours futilely searching around in the tall grass. He had returned his Pokemon to their Pokeballs after they had been defeated. It was impossible to find such small objects in a route covered in tall grass. The worst of it was that Claude knew that a Pokemon couldn't escape a Pokeball on its own...

He hadn't had the nerve to tell his parents. He told them that he had tripped while going home and that his Pokeballs had rolled off, presumably into the sea. He gave up Pokemon battling after this incident, and instead pursued Pokemon research. He was particlarly interested in the origin of Pokemon and the mystery that was the legendary Mew. Professor Juniper of Unova was a great source of inspiration for him.

Egg: Jester Egg

Backpack: White Backpack

RP Sample:

Night had fallen. Jane had expected it to be eerily silent, like in those horror movies. Instead, the forest was just as, if not even more, noisy as it was during the day. Jane had no idea if it was the mating season or not, but every few seconds, the air was punctuated with a Kricketot's (and occasionally Kricketune; you could tell the difference thanks to how much more refined the sound was) sharp musical trill. From time to time, the bushes and undergrowth rustled, and a Zigzagoon or a Poochyena would poke its nose out before quickly darting into cover again. If she listened carefully, she could hear the soft sound of flapping wings somewhere overhead, presumably a Murkrow or Hoothoot (perhaps even a Noctowl) circling the area in search for prey. The trees, already bare, cast spidery shadows onto the ground. The full moon's light only lengthened the them even further.

Jane frowned, then rubbed her hands together. "It's getting pretty cold. We're nearly in November, huh? I guess I lost track of time." Mailow made a noise that sounded half like a bark and half like a gurgle, and rubbed Jane's thigh.

Jane smiled. "Yeah, you're right. The sooner get out of here, the better. There are way too many wild Pokemon, and I've run out of Repels. Come on, we better get going."

But the second she put one foot forward, a dry snapping sound resounded in the forest, as clear and loud as a gun shot. Jane froze. She certainly didn't step on any twig. Which meant...

A shadow shifted in the darkness. Jane squinted. Hidden in the trees, bare as they were, she could make out some kind of roundish silhouette. It was a Pokemon, that was for sure.

"Get ready, Mailow," she said under her breath. Mailow chirped (or something like that) and entered a defensive position.

The Pokemon slowly came forth. There was something wrong with it, though; it looked like it was tipsying, like it was drunk. It stumbled around in a vague zigzag pattern instead of walking in a straight line. Finally, it staggered into the moonlight.

It was some kind of...rabbit-looking thing, with cream-colored fur covered in splotches of red that were seemingly dispersed randomly on its body. It wore a dizzy expression on its face and its eyes were strange black swirls.

"A Spinda," Jane said. "We've run into some of these before at Fallarbor, remember?" Mailow barked in agreement. "All right. We'll have to take it out. Headbutt!"

Mailow rammed his head hard into the Spinda, who, taken by surprise, didn't have time to react (Jane wondered if it could actually see with those eyes). It quickly got back to its feet though, and seemed a bit angry to have been knocked into a tree for no apparent reason. It stumbled back a bit, opened its mouth wide, then let out a cacophony of noise that could only be an Uproar. Mailow cringed, putting his front paws over his ears in a futile attempt to block the noise.

"Mailow!" Jane cried, holding her own hands over her ears. "Mailow!"

The Zigzagoon didn't seem to hear her. The Spinda soon stopped its Uproar though, and pulled back its small fist in an attack Jane knew very well.

"Mailow!" Jane said, her ears still ringing. "That's a Dizzy Punch! Dodge it!"

But Mailow was still dizzy from the last attack. He lurched, tripping over his own paws in an effort to get away, but it was unlikely he would evade the attack in time...

"Use Dig!"

The Zigzagoon, disoriented as he was, clearly knew where the ground was. He clawed at the earth at inhuman speed and dropped inside the tunnel he had created just as the Spinda's fist flew to where his head had been a moment ago. The Spinda, carried forward by the momentum of its punch, staggered, losing its balance.

"Now!" Jane exclaimed, seeing this as an excellent opportunity.

The dirt seemed to shift underneath the Spinda, then Mailow burst out of the ground, tackling the Spinda violently and sending it flying. It hit the ground with a heavy thud. However, it seemed like it still had some fight left in it, since it stood up again to face Mailow.

"I think it's really mad now," Jane said, in a uh-oh voice.

It was. It made some kind of strange noise of frustration, then released a wave of pinkish purple energy. Mailow, having encountered this move before, stiffened and quickly ducked to the side before the Hypnosis hit. The Zigzagoon didn't have any time to attack, though, as the Spinda once again unleashed a beam of psychic energy, only this time the light it was composed of rippled with the seven colors of the rainbow.

"Psybeam," Jane said. "In that case, Mailow, Surf!"

Now, Jane had absolutely no idea where the water came from. She knew that water Pokemon could generate water inside their...lungs, she supposed (however that worked), just like fire Pokemon generated fire. However, Mailow was a Normal-type, but he still seemed capable of conjuring water from nowhere. Not that Jane was complaining. It was a useful technique when engaging the opponent in a elemental beam-o'-war.

Mailow opened his mouth and shot a jet of water (rather weak compared to what Water-types were capable of, but quite impressive for a Normal-type...and compared to Bibarel). The Psybeam was pushed back, Spinda being a Normal-type as well. Not to mention Surf was naturally a more powerful move than Psybeam.

"Keep at it, Mailow!" Jane encouraged her Pokemon. "You're nearly there!"

The beam of water pressed the Psybeam back bit by bit, then finally overcame it. The water splashed over the Spinda, who squeeked in surprise, its power having been spent on defeating the Psybeam.

"Now, don't leave it a chance to recover! Belly Drum, then Headbutt!"

Mailow screeched and was briefly encased in an orange glow. Jane heard the very faint sound of drums, then Mailow shot forward like an arrow, headbutting the Spinda with far more force than he had earlier. The Spinda, knocked off its feet, landed with a thump on the ground and was still.

"I think that did it," Jane said. "Good work, Mailow!"

Mailow made a noise akin to purring. Jane withdrew a Super Potion from her backpack and healed him with it. He hadn't suffered too many injuries, but Belly Drum had taken out a lot of his health.

"All right. We better get going," Jane said, shoving the empty bottle back into her bag (littering is bad). "That battle must've woken up the whole forest. Let's scram before we get bombarded by an army of Wurmples."

So they quickly made their way through the forest (thankfully, without meeting another Spinda, though they did run into a couple of other Pokemon, but they were no problem). Soon, they would arrive in the next city...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Argh, I'm sorry if that battle was crappy. I'm not too good at physical action scenes; elemental beam-o'-wars are easier for me. XD I know it's extremely unrealistic too...sorry. :C

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @The Final Watchman - You know what I'm going to give to that Reserved! spot right now, but I'm going to offer you Curtain number two. Could be a zonk, but it could be a great prize.

XD; jk.

@Neiko Star - I liked the character! Interesting addition to the group. Consider yourself the fifth person to be Accepted.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @Kiyoshi
    So... With all the mechanics and what not... I am assuming you won't join us? That'd be a shame if you didn't.

Unfortunately, I will not be joining the rest of you in this RP. :C

I already know where to look for suprises, and the Luck Points system would get complicated if the GM was giving himself some and it'd be tedious if we got someone else to do it.

But remember, I'm basically every NPC in this RP. So you'll be meeting various me's across the land. XD;

CyBeastSaber

I'M BACK!
    Years

Unfortunately, I will not be joining the rest of you in this RP. :C

I already know where to look for suprises, and the Luck Points system would get complicated if the GM was giving himself some and it'd be tedious if we got someone else to do it.

But remember, I'm basically every NPC in this RP. So you'll be meeting various me's across the land. XD;

Yeah I figured as much but... maybe you can just play along? XDDDD
    Oh well. I must say... keeping track of everything... you're pretty devoted. 8D Don't forget to ask for help with stuff too!

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
    Name: James Langden.

Appearance: Every male in the Langden family is gifted with standing tall, and James is no different at 6'3''. When fully-clothed he appears very slim, but his body has considerable tone and shape, allowing him to weigh in at 160lbs. James is a British (Do actual nationalities occur in the Pokeworld?) Caucasian, but his keenness of the outdoors gives him a slightly tanned skin colour. James' strong chin is covered by a thin layer of stubble and his cheekbones are fairly pronounced, helping to accentuate his vivid green eyes. James' hair is brown and slightly curly, and reaches the middle of his ears.
    James is casually fashionable, usually donning dark denim jeans with turned up ankles. He wears plain skinny tees of grey or white, underneath a baggy checked or denim shirt. His feet rest inside low-riding converse trainers, and around his left wrist he wears a string bracelet.

History: The Langdens have always lived in Mahogany Town. With a distant relation to Pryce himself, the men in the Langden family have always aspired to work aside the Leader in the Gym, challenging trainers who came from afar to win the Glacier Badge. For generations the boys have trained in the Ice Path, and at the age of ten they were given the task to catch their first Pokemon there. James, who never a fan of the cold and ice, surprised his parents with his request for a different Pokemon instead. His parents reluctantly obliged, and so for the first time in many years, a Vulpix became a part of the Langden Family.

James never aspired to become Pokemon Champion or to fight alongside the strongest in the land. He and his Vulpix, nicknamed Ingrid, focused their time on academic goals, making him the first Langden to go to college. His mother was incredibly proud of her son, but his father held a grudge towards the boy who broke the trend of generations. He and James had barely spoken since his tenth birthday, and upon receiving his acceptance letter into College, the two of them had a colossal argument which resulted in James' father disowning his eldest son. It was in bad taste that James left for college, and his father's closed-minded views resulted in the inevitable divorce of his parents.

From a young age, James had great interest in the three legendary dogs of Johto. It was this interest which funded James' academia and earned him his scholarship into college. Being a high-flier and a social wizard, James' unsupported dreams came to reality as he travelled the world through his college course. The journey to Unova was not the first he had taken from Johto, but nevertheless his excitement didn't waver. He and his greatest friend, now evolved into a beautiful Ninetales, were prepared to search high and low for Legendary Pokemon in the New Land, and James would become the youngest Pokemon Expert to date. Of course, he did not expect disaster to strike first.

Personality: Forever the socialite, James is very difficult to rub up the wrong way. From a young age James has carried a sort of charisma which, partnered with his patience, makes him very easy to befriend. James is easy-going, well-rounded and enthusiastic, all qualities which his previous three years at college have helped him to develop. James prefers sport and outdoor research to the indoors, and has a very innovative and practical way of learning. Even his favoured form of transport reflects his easy-going nature, much preferring to ride his bicycle than to take a train or bus. James actively is a leader, having the uncanny ability to command attention effortlessly. He is supportive of his fellows in the field, and will constructively take on any ideas which they have at hand.

James prefers to travel in a group or in pairs. He is easily distracted and can steer off track if on his own, a weakness which his old companion Ingrid would be able to control. Although very able when on task, James can struggle to keep his mind focused and may accidentally find himself following a different route to which he started if he isn't careful. His distractions are very rarely of social nature, but more often ideas for different case studies. This can mean that he will start a project and leave it unfinished as he goes off on a tandem. This is only an issue when alone, so this rarely affects his peers. It is when he comes to write his dissertation or start a solo case study that he may find this a problem.

Egg: Wick Wire

Backpack: Orange!

RP Sample: - Taken from Pokemon: An Epic Journey.
    Spoiler:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Can has reservation for Hoodsy please? I started on my SU but I don't think I'll get to finishing it 'til later today. And if not Hoodsy then The Clandestine One? Also I hope this is the right place to put it, and that I'm not too late in posting this.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @CyBeastSaber -

Oh, don't worry. I got everything. And if ever need help with this RP, I won't hesitate to ask. :3

@xXSweetDreamsXx -

Reservation terminated. Sorry to hear it. :/

@Arcaray -

Hey, guess what? Knock Knock. Who there? CONGRATULATIONS YOU'RE Accepted.

@Sewaddle -

Heh, you're in the right place and on time with a spot for Hoodsy, don't worry. X3
    Reserved!

@Ethan Gold -

I'll just give you the red one. :3

----

FOR EVERYONE INTRESTED IN THIS RP THAT ISN'T A PART OF IT YET

We only have one unreserved spot left, and that is for our egg The Clandestine One! Once it's taken, there will be no spots left open! Get it while it's hot!​

Fellow RP'ers, please, if you know someone who might be intrested in joining, don't hesitate to send them here!

FOR EVERYONE WITHOUT AN SU UP YET

I really want to start up this RP soon, so get them up ASAP!
    Post them here in the main thread!​

Last edited:

Sewaddle

➠Adowable
    Years
    Name: Ciel Bellerose

Appearance: Ciel stands at 68 inches and weighs 155 pounds, which is slightly bigger for someone her age. She has an average bust for someone of her stature. Despite her size, Ciel would not be able to take on anyone of the opposite gender, as she has more fat on her than muscle. Her skin tone is a pale peach, almost off-white in that sense. Her face is fairly rectangular, with a somewhat pointed chin, and her nose is small and Greek-like (see: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/2875607/What-your-nose-shape-says-about-you.html). Ciel's eyes are a normal blue and lack sclerae of any sort due to the irises taking up all the room. Her hair is also a blue, though a lighter variation, and tends to be cut near her chest. She likes to keep most of it in the back, with bangs that nearly reach her eyes and strands on each side of her face in the front. Her hair is mostly straight, but the hair behind her face curves away from her chest near the bottom while the hair in front curves toward her chest.

Ciel isn't a trend follower, so she will wear clothes that catch her eye, trendy or not. Her favorite types of tops are two pieces. The bottom layer is blouse-like with straps that go around her neck, while the top layer is a cross between a t-shirt and a vest. The bottom piece is typically one color, while the top piece is generally one or more colors, sometimes with a design or logo on them. Ciel likes to wear blue, cropped, denim jeans to go with her top, again not picked just because they may be trendy. To finish the outfit, Ciel wears black-and-white sneakers with plain white socks. She will typically not wear accessories, but Ciel does carry a small blue rosary with her.

History: Ecruteak City, a place of tradition and serenity. That was where the Bellerose family has stayed since Ciel's grandfather was a child. Her family consisted of her no-nonsense mother, Clarisse, her monotonous father, Guy, and her agoraphobic grandmother, Annette. Clarisse always nagged Ciel on wearing "decent" clothes (apparently any tops she wore could not show a lot of skin right below the neck), Guy's idea of entertainment was taking Ciel to lectures about how to make a profit out of growing berries, and Annette complained that Ciel went outside too often. Needless to say, Ciel's life wasn't so interesting, or fun. At least until she entered the Kimono Dance Theater for the first time. Coming from a family who emphasized the importance of cleanliness, Ciel began to habitually dust off a table using a handkerchief. The Kimono Girls took interest in Ciel's efficiency with cleaning, and asked if she would be the Dance Theater's housekeeper. 14 at the time, Ciel accepted.

Six years passed by without Ciel's family finding out about her job. Clarisse had always thought the Kimono Girls were too "showy" while Guy claimed they could not dance and thus were not worth going to see. Annette was not even aware such a Dance Theater existed, but she never went out, so that was understandable (Ciel had always wondered if her grandmother was always in their current abode).

One day, while Ciel was cleaning up the dance floor, one of the Kimono Girls approached her and asked Ciel what she thought of studying abroad. Ciel liked the idea, and asked where she would be going. The answer was "Unova". Ciel had heard of it only recently through her studies, but she had never seen pictures. Still, anywhere far from her family was better than where she currently resided. The hardest part was convincing them. So Ciel approached her mother and father separately (there was no need to talk to her grandmother; Ciel knew she would hate the idea anyways). She told her mother that Unovians would teach her proper etiquette, while her father learned that she wanted to go because it was big on meetings. Both parents had not heard of Unova as it was not yet discovered when they were kids, so they both agreed. Ciel then asked them both to not ask her anything else about the place, as she knew nothing more.

The final step for Ciel's studying abroad plan was to get permission from her advisor. This was not so hard, as Ciel was a straight-A student (her parents were not fond of her coming home with B-pluses, so Ciel had to study her head off when she got the chance). Within the next month, Ciel had hopped on the ship to Unova to begin a better (but temporary) life.

Personality: Having grown up in such a...unique family, Ciel is rather OCD when it comes to cleanliness, though she is a lot better about this out in public. If there is even a speck of dust on an object, she will clean it up with her handkerchief. One strand of hair sticking out from all the rest? Ciel will make sure it is removed. Ciel is also very studious, again due to her family's influence. She will reject invitations to go places with classmates so she can go over her class notes and complete the assignment as soon as possible. However, she will not snap at whoever dares to bother her. Instead, she will quietly hold her annoyance in. Politeness was taught at home, after all.

Despite Ciel's seemingly unfriendly disposition, she actually acts the opposite when away from her family. When she is not at home she will wear outfits of her choice (her family prefers that she dress almost nun-like, though her choice in outfits are not exactly skimpy, but they do not make her look like a nun, either), and she will hang out with classmates for hours on end if she has no work needed to be done. Ciel is not very talkative, but will talk when she needs to, and she will also laugh and ridicule others behind their backs with said classmates. Her OCD and studious traits are not so visible while she is away from her family. Ciel likes to hang out with her classmates, and she likes having the freedom she lacks at home.

Egg: Hoodsy

Backpack: Indigo

RP Sample: I'm too lazy to make one up on my own (unless you'd like me to), so Imma use one of my posts in "BROKEN;;" as my sample:

Spoiler:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Name: Hiro

Appearance: Hiro looks to be the average sixteen year-old. He has short, usually messy black hair that he brushes down or looks spiked. His hair is what some people call 'gravity defying', when in all reality he usually gels it. Hiro sports an average build, meaning he is neither small or big. He is rather fit and considered strong, though not to the point where people would classify him as a miny tank of sorts.

Possibly his most noticeable feature is his eyes. A light reddish mahogany color that has an inner kindness behind them, while people who don't know him, would classify them as bizarre. He stands at an average 6'1" and weighs around 145 lbs.

On to clothes and such, Hiro usually wears his blue zip-up hoody over a shirt saying, 'There are only a few people who can make it there..' on top and 'They are the ones who try.' on the bottom. He wears torn-up jeans with a plain black belt and grey Adidas sneakers. He also wears a necklace with a charm that means fearless.

History: Hiro's life was, well to put it bluntly, rather normal. Hiro was born in Viridian as the son of the local Day Care owners. He was raised quite well and grew up with a love of Pokemon. He tended to travel with his parents across the region, buying supplies, picking up clients' Pokemon, etc. He received his first Pokemon, a Poochyena, at the age of 11. He had shown some talent as a trainer though.

Over the years, he completed both the Hoenn and Kanto regions, receiving all of the badges and one or two ribbons. Yet there was still stuff he didn't know and he wanted to make something of his life. He decided to enroll into college where he thought he may be able to achieve this. He was accepted and was told he was allowed to travel abroad in Unova, which he quickly took.

Unfortunately, this ended up to be a bad thing, but who knows, he may be able to succeed and do what he dreamed.

Personality: Hiro is beyond all means a normal kid. He loves to get on the nerves of people, whether it be family, friends, or just local people. Thus he is known as a troublemaker or a joker, but never a criminal of sorts. This side, though commonly used, is not what some people know him by, for he tend to help many others in need.

This young man has developed many other traits from those he hangs around. He has learned to act kind to people, knowing that he'd be more trusted. Though there is the odd occasion, where people get on his bad side and he starts to get harsh with them. This also helps him be a good sport and allows him not to be egotistical as some tend to be.

The trait of kindness helps him be more easily to be friends with. Though not a specific trait, Hiro also tends to be romantic. This being true, he tends to be kinder to cute girls and will occasionally hit on them...

Hiro is also quite adventurous, though some may call it stupidity, too. He loves to ride his skateboard doing dangerous tricks and traversing through the neighborhood with his knowledge of parkour and gymnastics.

This brings out his most relevant perk, bravery. Hiro tends to be the leader of the group, always making plans and having the bravery (or stupidity) to do them. He tends to use his perk in standing up for what he thinks is right, mainly to protect younger or weaker people. Overall, Hiro is the one who would be the first to stand up for something.

Egg: Rabbit Ruby, cuz me likez the cute ones.

Backpack: Black, it's meh favorite color.

RP Sample:
    Spoiler:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @The Final Watchman- It would be intresting having a seasoned battler amound our ranks, especially since he's lost everything, too....

Well, you're Accepted.

But you gotta promise me on thing- definately gotta be more descriptive with your RP'ing. Add some more meat to those paragraphs. Add intresting little events, and really just ooze your character.

I look forward to seeing how your character in the RP!

BTW, is it just going to be Hiro or is he going to have a last name?

@Everyone -

Once King! has his SU done, we will be begin our first mission even if The Clandestine One doesn't get reserved. Please, if you know anyone or are someone whose intrested in this RP, please join and get your SU up ASAP! We'd love to have you!

Also, I'm taking out EVs from the RP battle equation.
    Plus, there will be a different way to train, so you don't have to face wild encounter after wild encounter seperately.

If you decide to train during a mission, you have the write a minimum of one paragraph about you training your Pokemon on that specific route/area/town/etc. The more in-depth and decriptive you are, expect more levels!

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Name: Dominc 'Dom' Whelan

Appearance: Dominic is generally described as 'good-looking, but a little off.' His tan skin and blue eyes are a good combination with his dark, spiked hair. However, the odd, mysterious look in his bright eyes sometimes turn people away. His naturally ruffled, dark-brown hair leaves people wondering just how it got that way, and doesn't fall past his ears. He stands at about five feet and nine inches tall, and is rather thin. His facial features include a tiny nose and big ears that stick out through his hair.

Another odd thing about Dom is the way he dresses. He (and his whole family) has a horrible sense of style, and is usually found wearing clothes that are either too matchy or don't match at all. His entire wardrobe is made up of things like oddly colored shorts and t-shirts with weird logos on them. While he prefers to go barefoot, he owns a pair of old, orange-and-lime green tennis shoes just in case. Because he comes from a place with a warm climate, Dom doesn't own any clothes fit for cold climates, besides a light-blue zip up hoodie he got on vacation one year that is a couple sizes small.

History: Dominic was born and raised on a small, tropical island just off the coast of One Island in the Kanto region. The not-very-well known island is called Sabhailte (although the thirty or so families that inhabit it all know each other). Dom was raised in a large family. His mother, father, grandparents, seven brothers and two sisters all inhabited the same house, while his aunt, uncle, and cousins lived right down he street. Things were always hectic for Dom, and he slid into the background more than the rest of his siblings, who were more talented or more energetic than him.

When Dom was eleven years old, the family was at one of Sabhailte's big social gatherings when he decided to run off by himself. Looking for something to do, he walked down by the water where the tall rocks met the tide. Although he had been instructed not to go near them, Dom decided to climb the rocks to prove he could do more than his siblings. This proved to be a stupid idea, of course, when a wild Pokemon that was searching for prey in the water attacked Dominic instead. Dom turned to run away for the insane terror, but instead found himself plummeting towards the water below. On the way down his head took a blow from one of the rocks, and he very nearly drowned. Luckily, his cousin Samantha and her boyfriend heard his cries, and saved him just in time.

Dom was in a coma for a couple of weeks, and when he awoke things weren't any better. Instead of being glad he was okay, or proud of his efforts, his parent's scolded him for being so stupid. They paid even less attention to their son after his mess-up. Dominic was also having trouble remembering things - at first small details, and slowly bigger things, like his middle name or the color of his room. Thankfully, Samantha was supportive of Dom, and helped him keep his memories with him. It was Sam's boyfriend who got Dom into college - and after an awkward goodbye from his parents and a tearful one from Sam and her boyfriend, he was off into the world on his own.

Personality: Dominic has always been a part of the background. Even before his accident, he was struggling to find who he was and something he'd like to do with his life. Being overshadowed by his siblings was always hard for Dom, and he spent most of his time alone, taking care of himself. One thing he is very fond of is music of any kind. But any hope of being a musician was immediately shut down by his parents, who wanted their son to be a great Pokemon 'something', like his brothers and sisters.

After the accident, Dominic's life got even worse. His parents refused to acknowledge his presence, and he was always fighting to remember things. However, he now had a friend in his cousin and her boyfriend. He shared most of his secrets with her (although there were not many), including his liking of music. Sam was very adamant about Dom chasing his dreams, and always supported his decision in studying music. Another thing that changed after the accident was how Dom felt about Pokemon - instead of being kind of bored by them, he was now terrified. Pictures of Pokemon sneaking up on him haunted the boys dreams, and he tried to stay away from his siblings' Pokemon as much as possible. Another main fear of his is forgetting or losing himself due to his memory problems - especially forgetting things like music.

Egg: Calm Poser

Backpack: Whatever is left xD

RP Sample: Exempt :D

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
    Years
    You make me work so hard... >_> Why'd you have to make this RP so delicious?

Name: Taylor Anderson

Appearance: Much tinier than the average female, Taylor stands 5'6, around the height of everyone else in her family. With her smaller height comes a light weight, about 141 pounds in exact. In overall structure, her arms are fragile, no real 'fat' on them, most of her shape coming from the small muscles she has. Her skin is a brown, chocolate color, the tone resembling an African American. Other traits of her nationality follow, her hair close to if not pure black. It is somewhat curved, held together with a lazy ponytail, the girl's hair drooping to the right side only. The only physical trait that doesn't follow is her eyes, which are a luscious emerald green, tints of yellow also inside if examined close enough.

Unlike most females, Taylor doesn't pay much detail to the fashion industry, only picking out clothing she feels are most comfortable. Her desired colors include warmer mixtures, from reds to yellows, purples also included. She covers up most of her lower skin with either sweat pants or jeans, normally ripped and close to a darker tone. For shirts, Taylor prefers vibrant warm colors, along with complex designs printed on each top. On her feet are abnormally large sneakers, black and white with also white socks. Lastly, the girl has and wears several necklaces, up to around 2 at a time. Each are unique, symbolizing specific Legendary Pokemon.

History: The cove of the dragons, Taylor was born in Blackthorn City. Her house was as small as all the others- not as flourished nor lively than most would expect from the hometown of the famous gym leader, Clair. Her house in particular was only somewhat larger, being born into a more 'rich' family of 5. Her two older sisters, and her parents. She soon learned to hate every one of them. Feuding was common, and with them came blood and tears. Her sister, both unacceptably rude, tortured the girl's parents through both verbal and physical abuse. Taylor was always asked to be left out of the arguments. Always.

Parting from her family, she gathered her knowledge from school, only taking interest in Pokemon as she 'accidentally' bumped into the local gym leader. Almost instantly they connected after a few minutes of chat. Finding potential in the small new girl, Clair took Taylor in as her secret apprentice, taking her to the Dragon Den almost daily to teach her about both dragon Pokemon and non-dragon type Pokemon alike. Passing each year with flying colors, the small girl was soon notified as 'best in class', getting to college a year earlier than the rest of her past classmates.

Leaving to Sinnoh, she bid farewell to her hidden teacher and family, which didn't look as heartbroken to see her leave as Clair was. Before leaving she was granted a single Dratini for the trip; a Dratini that was soon taken away from Taylor, the boat almost sinking with her still on it. Gathering up with the other college students, her life was spared as Captain Davis had an escape boat. Her hopes were ruined when they began steering off course from Sinnoh, but soon found interest in the new region they ended up at. Sophrosune.

Personality: Taught proper manners from home, Taylor is abnormally kind and generous towards other individuals, strangers included. She is very loud and loves to make people laugh; as well as laugh herself. In fact, the girl's favorite thing to do is make others happy, a smile barely needed as a reward. Overall affable, she is highly social, willing to make friends with nearly anyone. However, with her positive characteristics comes with negatives as well, most of these qualities found over time. Taylor, being normally sympathetic to people, easily expects the same treatment from those folk- if not given can get rather upset, though she holds in her frustration.

She hides several other emotions by habit too, refusing to release them even on demand from friends or family. The reason to her nonstop secrecy is unknown, though probably originates from her family as so do several of her other behaviors. Taylor is also very harsh on people, as when she is angry she will blame her stress on everyone but herself. The girl also has a high temper, which brings fury if brought out. She tries her hardest not to bring these traits out in public, though she does it at home and, surprisingly, with friends more frequently. Along with her friends comes her trust, which is often too easily handed out. You don't want to break it.

Egg: The Clandestine One

Backpack: Last one?

RP Sample: You know what my roleplaying style is like, but I guess I'll fetch a sample from PKM Ranch anyways~
    Spoiler:

*om nom*

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
    @King! and xXSweetDreamsXx - both Accepted.

Chapter One

"Oh dear, How do I start this….?

Ahem.

Well hi there, I'm Pr. Mirili. Welcome to, uh, the world of Pokemon! Haha, I'm- I'm sure you've heard that line before, um, right? Heh. Anyways, um, Since you lost everything in that boat crash and whatnot, that including you dear pokemon; which I'm so sorry to hear about, um, yeah, I've got a couple of eggs that need hatching. Looks like I got just enough for the lot of you. Ha! Oh, how, um, convenient, as they say. Er- I gave them all names which you don't have to keep but, it helps me introduce them to you.

This one is Jester Egg, he's a card, right? Hah! Um….

This is The Clandestine One! Dark and mysterious…. Hehe.

Oh! This one is Rabbit Ruby! Sparkly.

Cookie Dough is this one's name. Yum, delicious, right?

Dirty Max! Grr. So intense, am I right? Haha.

Mr. Genie! He's scratchy and ghostly. I think.

Hoodsy. OoOo…. This one is spooky all hidden and whatnot.

Kelp's Supper! Yum, yum, yum! Where's my fork, you know what I'm saying?

Calm Poser is this one. He's…. something, alright.

And last but not least, I hope, is Wick Wire! It's got a cool pattern and it reminds me of ketchup and mustard. Hehe.

So pick the one you want dearies, and also in addition to start you off since I'm feeling generous- Awesome, right?! Haha! Um, er, I'll give each of you one of these fancy-smancy Digital Assistant and Phones! Or DAP, for short. You can make video phone calls, take notes, and other random convenient stuff. But there is a slight glitch. You see, the reason I have all these are because they're…. failures. Not to say the don't work perfectly fine mind you, the glitch is that the maps don't work. When you approach a route or town, it will tell you what's the name of it, but you can't access the map directly. Ha, sucks I know. But they offered to give them to me free! So, how could I turn down? Sadly, though, I didn't use 'em. Ha. So you guys can have them. They're from before the AOS segregated towns and routes, so even if you wander off from the barb-wire, it'd tell you where you are! Not that you should jump the barb-wire fence. That'd would be bad and dangerous.

These things are hot on the market now, and everyone is using them! There is even Tina the Trader, a pokemon trading and goods shop where you could, well, trade pokemon and buy stuff! The device has a transporter, so you can do it all from the DAP itself! Awesome! Haha.

Er.

So, it has my number on it and Tina the Trader's. That's it. Good luck to you all, whatever you decide to do in this region. Have fun!"

Welcome to Sophrosune.

As was just said, you're on this strange region. You all know a little bit about its war torn past and its current situation because of history classes in school. You'd never thought you actually be there.

You've lost everything besides the clothes on your back, this random backpack, this new weirdly named egg, and this DAP device.

This chapter starts with you just leaving Mirli's lab. Cpt. Davis has just left to the local Inn to stay until he can find out some way to leave this region without becoming champion. When trying to leave the town, the nearby AOS officers refuse for you to leave without a pokemon. You're stuck here until your eggs hatch.

Required Objectives:

• INTERACT WITH YOUR EGG.
    The egg hatches next mission. Everything you do with it this mission determines its species, typing (yes! Take Grimer for instance, it can be rather Venom/Fluid or Venom/Ersatz. If your Pokemon is like this, how you interact with it also determines what's its typing. It could also possibly be part ???? type. You never know.), and its initial reaction to you.

You see, when in the egg, Pokemon have this special sense to detect whatever you say to it, think about it, wherever you take it, everything concerning your relationship to it. This affects what it hatches into, and also how it reacts to you regardless of the personality it develops. This is called "initial reaction."

For example, let's say while it was in the egg, you constantly cared for it and talked to it softly like a loving parent. When it hatches, it could possibly be really clingy, it could be super loyal and obedient, it could be loving and sensitive too, or it could resent you for it and demand you treat it like a grown up.

Who knows? Be creative with your approach! Of course, it doesn't have to have this reaction to you throughout the rest of the RP. It's not its personality. That resenting pokemon could later become your more loyal pokemon later. So don't be afraid of what you do to it.

• Find out the contents of you bag
    Just have you character rummage through what you have to start off with. Let's see who got what!

Sefredo's Red Bag:
    Spoiler:

James' Orange Bag:
    Spoiler:

Taylor's Yellow Bag:
    Spoiler:

Ray-Ray's Green backpack:
    Spoiler:

Gale's Blue Bag:
    Spoiler:

Ciel's Indigo Bag:
    Spoiler:

Lynette's Violet Bag:
    Spoiler:

Dom's Brown Bag:
    Spoiler:

Hiro's Black Bag:
    Spoiler:

Claude's White Bag:
    Spoiler:

Note: You don't find your luck points literally. There is no card that say how many you get. Say something creative if you want to mention them, like "the air after opening the backpack was/wasn't really lucky." or something like that.

Optional Requirements:

• Interact with others
    This is one of those really rare moments when you're all together. Talk to each other and make Joint Posts, if you'd like. Interaction with others also affects your egg. Want to swap DAP numbers? Go ahead! Want to play with each other's egg? Go ahead! Want to become rivals? GO AHEAD!

If you need an example of what a Joint Post looks like, please take a gander at this, a post of mine, Arcaray's, and Fearless Love's from the The Underdogs RP:

Here

You can conduct Joint Posts via VM/PM or in our OOC, just make sure someone gathers it all up in order and posts it in here in this thread. VM/PM is recommended.

If you want to talk with Capt. Davis or Pr. Mirili, you're gonna have to VM me and make a joint post. This is since they're important NPCs. Any other minuscule NPCs are your game to control (within reason, of course).

• Explore the Town
    What do you find? Anything interesting? Your adventures in the town also affect your egg (I repeat, everything you do affects your egg.)

Chapter rules:
    • No calling anyone on your DAP.
    • No battling (you can't anyway, you have no pokemon)
    • No "discovering" more pokemon to join your team. Catching more pokemon is prohibited for now.
    • No murder. Some of you may have deadly weapons, but no using them now.
    • Be creative and have fun, guys!
    • No leaving Nutteini Town
    Also, sorry I put you through all that reading again. heh.

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
    Chapter 1: Welcome to the Jungle (Part 1)

Dominic groggily awoke, sitting up in his uncomfortable hotel room bed. He looked around, taking in the drab decorating scheme, the small bowl of stale nuts on the nightstand, besides a broken pen and some torn scrap paper. The second thing he noticed was a wad of what looked like damp clothing on the ground, and it was then that he realized that he was a) quite nearly naked, if not for his underwear which had, thankfully not been removed and b) not alone. On the other side of the ugly nightstand was another bed, and inside a small body rose and lowered with quiet, even breaths.

Slowly, things started to return to him – like a computer that was booting up. Usually the first things he remembered were the important details – his name, age, and where he was from. Next it was why he was having trouble remembering things in the first place (because of the accident). Finally, he recalled the reason he was here.

It started with a scream – it was high pitched and very loud, piercing through everyone on the ship sailing from Johto to Unova. Immediately, panic broke, as everybody looked for the source of the screaming. And then they knew. The ship was sinking. Captain Davis took action, calling everyone over to an escape boat. 'Are we all gonna die?' a crazed voice asked. The captain didn't answer, and instead hurried everyone onto the smaller boat.

'Wait! Before we go, everyone grab a bag.' For a second, Dom was confused. A…bag? And then he remembered: his music. His notebook of memories, the old iPod Sam had gotten him back at home, the letters from her, all of the bracelets…

'I have to go back!' Dom exclaimed, turning to run back to the cabin. A layer of water had now swamped the ship, and it things were beginning to fall. Before he could get away, someone grabbed Dom around the waist and thrust him into the rescue ship, throwing an ugly brown backpack into his arms.

'There's no going back now, kid. We've sunk.'

Dominic shuddered. Everything was gone, ruined. He quietly got out of bed and climbed into his still-damp clothes. Might as well see what was up. Quietly, he snatched the ugly backpack from the ground, slung it over his shoulder, and snuck out of the hotel room.

After walking through a sad-looking hallway and taking a few flights of stairs down, Dominic had arrived in the lobby. The few kids that were in there waiting for instructions glanced up at him and stared for a bit. They probably knew him as the boy who had been sobbing the whole way here (wherever here was). Or at least he might have been. He didn't remember. He cleared his throat and asked, "Um, does anyone know exactly what's going on?"

Back