• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sorta Like A Sandwich

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
Years
  • I love the way you use the colours, and not just one colour all solid like.
    I also love the way you make simple yet effective backgrounds for some of the pieces,
    but like Zirkle pointed out, that looks kind of unnatural heh.
    I tracked down a website that might be helpful to you, I'll list it at the bottom.
    What it is, is a figure drawing website, what you do is get a cheap-ass notebook, preferably a4 size, get and old pencil and just try as quick as you can to draw a figure - nothing precise, no features, just body and it should loosen you up and then subconsciously while you begin to put a piece together you'll create more comfortable positioning with the figure (: OH and the figure changes every 30 seconds so be prepared :P

https://www.posemaniacs.com/pose/thirtysecond.html

Hope you don't mind my critique o: n_n"

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Nah I don't mind critique, and I actually loooooove Posemaniacs :o I just haven't had the time/focus to sit down lately and do the exercises. /lazy

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Oh yeah, this thing.

Another friend's WoW character.
    Spoiler:

More WoW fanart, which involves a long explanation that I don't feel like getting into. Really it's just an inside joke with the old druid forums (when I was able to post).
    Spoiler:

Spent like...three weeks-ish on this, on and off. His arm looks really weird to me, I think his forearm is too short. :/ It's my OC Edgar and his cat, Sir Gerald Winston, hanging out in Edgar's suave bachelor pad.
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • bumpa bumpa

Eeveelution buttons! :)
    Spoiler:

I'll be selling these at Connecticon next weekend.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • You made those buttons?
    Wow they're awesome :)

And the artwork on the first page, I loved it too.
    My favourite was the Chingling in the first post :D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • You made those buttons?
    Wow they're awesome :)

And the artwork on the first page, I loved it too.
    My favourite was the Chingling in the first post :D
    Indeed I did :) I have my own button machine (two, in fact).

Thank you, and Chingling is one of my favorites too :D

Years
  • I love the colors here, especially with the Pokemons. They look like they could be made into screensavers or something haha. But the anatomy does need work as you acknowledged already, but that can be fixed with many many anatomical drawing practices. Nonetheless, I love how you have the patience to complete drawings like this, good job :D

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • @Sneezel: Thank you :) one thing I'm trying to work on is being more "anal" about things being perfect, including anatomy.

@Kaiser: lolll you have the same name as one of my OCs, and thank you!

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I made a ton of mistakes on this for me to like it too much, but meh. Two original characters of mine from a project I've been working on for ~5 years:
    Spoiler:

Actual Pokémon fanart, this time a (shiny) Marshtomp:
    Spoiler:

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • I told a friend of mine that every time I do Pokémon fanart, a bit of my soul dies...which pretty much means I have no soul left at this point.

Hypno:
    Spoiler:

Sudowoodo with maracas:
    Spoiler:

Jolteon, also seen in my signature:
    Spoiler:

Entei, which I literally just finished after three hours (x_x):
    Spoiler:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • I'm very jealous that you can paint, I'm only limited to sketching and coloring and digital arts(like mine). Painting is the master's style of expressing his/her emotions and what's on his/her mind(in that case I'm not a full master).

By the way, nice artwork. All of them especially the buttons and the evil wolf from WoW that fired the mathematical equations from doom!

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Well I am jealous of those that can do digital work, since I'm pretty terrible at it. I'm going to try to work on getting better at it though :P
    Thank you for the comments though :)

Speaking of painting! I compiled all of the paintings I've done from the last two semesters into one huge picture.
    Spoiler:

They're all done with oil paints on various sizes of canvas board.

I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the many badges I did over the weekend, unfortunately. After I finish a commission I may do some Pokémon art at the urging of a friend of mine.

Back