• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 927 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
  • Hey...

Maybe you can include a mode where all the colors on the battlefield and the overworld go all weird. Like the Glitch Dimension glitch in Gold/Silver. :D

And a cheat where all the NPCs turn into Pokemon. XD Yikes, the possibilities are jsut endless!

...I get the deal about Latios now. I had no idea Odin got whacked like that. Good thing you can turn it off. :)

Last edited:

DrZues

Eevee trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I hope that when you get around to it the Latios/Latias choice it's more obvious in the game for trainers so they have a clear choice in who they want(I'd stick with Latias tho).

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
    Years
  • If there is a debug mode can you not make it on a numpad key? *coughcough*

Super fast bike? Does this need a background story?
    (Beta coding for 3rd gen mach bike? :D)
    I have brought up this idea many times before (well, 3), but what if a Gym Leader/AI gives you a hint on the codes?

Btw, is there any difference between Lati@s?

Spoiler:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Replies

Im not sure if rm2k3 works on a mac. I suspect it doesn't (but the EasyRPG project should be able to port to the mac once it's finished)

------------------------------
    @bckc- yeah, i've rerouted it to the 9 key.

Cheat codes probably won't be refrenced ingame. They'll probably only be shown on the guide that Im writing)

super bike... is fast. REALLY FAST. almost unpractical.

currently theres going to be no difference on the lati@s. may change. but as it is, they're exactly the same.

--------------------------------------
    Lati@s
    Ok, ok, ok... due to some of the feedback, I've slightly changed how the lati@s situation will work now.

Latios will be the first one you get, then it will die halfway around part2, and get replaced by latias.
    but you can get latios back. Either with a cheat code ill implement, or with new game+ (Whichever lati@s you had at the time of NG+, will die. and get replaced by the other, the cycle will repeat if you keep NG+ing)

So... latios -> killed -> latias -> newgame+ > latias -> killed -> latios.
    So there'll be flexability if you like one more than the other.

--------
    Shiny.

I've sorta made shiny pokemon in the game. (althought i've only programmed a handful right now.)

basically after each battle, the game will roll for a shiny chance -(A really small chance) If you win the chance, you'll instantly get into a fight with a shiny pokemon.

It doesn't matter where you are. Fighting team rockets, in the middle of the ocean, in the code world or the safari zone. After every battle, a roll takes place.

The shiny pokemon you encounter won't depend on your location. It will be a preselected shiny pokemon.

Im torn about which way to go for it.

SUPER RARE-I can either make it a very rare occurance (1 in 8192, like the games) and make it you get very very rare items from them (auto regen, +500 stats, half/no PP cost)

or

RAREI can make it a relatively common (1 in 256?) you'll get good, items from them, but it creates another Metagame involving trying to encounter all shinies.(there'll be only 10-30 of them programmed in.)

-----------------
    Minor Stuff
    Eevee's evolutions will be getting a minor movlist upgrade. they initally had 14 moves, its now increasing to 16 to match every other pokemon.
    Plus, ive balanced out their forms a bit. eg: flareon was underpowered. due to only having a fire spin as it's strongest fire attack. Now that fire spin will be repaced by a fire fang.

Still programming in pokemon. I only have 35 more to program in. After that all pokemon will be functioning. (but not catchable.)

EDIT: Also, the pokédex will now AUTOMATICALLY record pokemon data, all you need to do is to have been in a battle with that pokemon.
    It will should make the pokedex collecting metagame easier, but still challenging as you need to take account of all the evoltuions of the pokemon too. So you'll have to go out of your way to fight the ~190 pokemon you can't catch.

------------
    Release Schedule
    I've written up a loose release schedule. These are very loose, and will probably change. Though if all goes well, 1.0 should be released by the end of the year.

v0.6 : May
    Chapter 7, gym: chuck. Giovanni/TR raid, rainbow tower, Geosigma AI battle.

v0.7 : June
    Mainly extra content. Side quests, trophies, finish off programming pokemon, finish attack animations, etc. Also, so the chapters catch up to versions.

v0.8 : July-Aug
    Chapter 8: Gym: Pryce, AI: Vanish_23, surfing around islands, etc.

v0.9 : Sep?
    Chapter 9: Gym: Claire, TR reform, buildup to finale.

v1.0 : Sep - Dec?
    First full release. Part 1 completed. Pokemon leauge and AI battle: XDR.

v1.1 : ????
    Start of Part 2. :O

--------
    EDIT: lol... 666 replies.

Last edited:

DrZues

Eevee trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    Sound cool, to be honest I prefer to have the shinnies more common because of all my time playing pokemon I've NEVER encountered one!

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Maybe what you can do is make it when prof. oak gives you the pokedex you get to select auto or manual mode?

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
    Years
  • Looks like I have to wait until the end of the year to start editing pokemon. Oh well, its worth the wait. Completing Part 1 (Ark? :D) is pretty fast too, so I won't complain (any farther.)

I agree with above with the pokedex [almost] dilemma, we should get to choose :O
    Also, with the Shinies... I would prefer something in between, but i guess 1/256 is better.
    But make one forced encounter to introduce the whole thing.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Ok, shinies will be more common than the games. The jugglypuff idea is good. Ill make it the first shiny battle. An introductory one.

Im not sure what to do about the pokedex situation. Ok, ill change it back to manual mode.
    (ill try making a hybrid mode, but im not sure its possible without a bit of recoding.)

-----
    shinyy.png

-----
    The events are nearly all done. im on the final strech of development on v0.6
    Definetly out this month. Im not gonna say a definite date until I get to testing stage (because I refuse to delay after i've given a proper date) but I am probably safe saying mid may.

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

Ok.. So I had checked the thread before and just looked at the screenies. I enjoyed them, very nostalgic and unique. But I post for the first time now because I actually read the plot and such. I must say that I absolutely love the story! It is very original, and idk... I just like the whole idea haha. I can't wait to try this out Doom :) good work :D

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    when would the latest version be available for download... im excited to try it out..
    nice story.. ^^

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • Ok.. So I had checked the thread before and just looked at the screenies. I enjoyed them, very nostalgic and unique. But I post for the first time now because I actually read the plot and such. I must say that I absolutely love the story! It is very original, and idk... I just like the whole idea haha. I can't wait to try this out Doom :) good work :D

Thanks. did take some time to actually finalise the story, but the idea had been running through my before I started. I had gone totally against the norm with the graphics, and thought I should just break the 4th wall and make it apprent that the people know they're in a game.

when would the latest version be available for download... im excited to try it out..
    nice story.. ^^
    Probably mid May. Maybe earlier depending on how much work I can get done this weekend.

--
    Small update. Im trying to make it possible for eevee to follow you on the overworld. like pikachu in yellow. It's colour would change depending on the form its in.
    followingwj.png

I've been trying to do it in the last hour making small progress. main problem is the friggin ledges. eevee gets stuck on them. >:|
    (moved edits to new post)

Last edited:

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • That is a good idea, now why did nobody think of it before. Hope everything works out with the following Eevee.

DarkDoom3000

Years
  • ^yeah, it seemed like such a fitting idea, and wasn't too hard to implement since you always have a form of eevee in your party. Not sure why I didn't do it earlier.
    (plus now matches pokemon yellow more, which is one of the inspritions for the name.
    Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition. ~~~ Super Pokemon Eevee Edition)

---

Yeah, so Eevee fully follows you now. Animation is a little janky at times, but nothing too notcible. changes colours to reflect the form eevee's currently in.

----

eventing for Geosigma is complete. :) It's pretty dramatic. Kinda emotional. if I don't say so myself. All I can say is... s**t got real.

---
    thats the last storyline event needed to do.
    v0.6 will end at the the start of Chapter 8: Fire and Ice. (theres 10 chapters in the game, so you can see how close I am to v1.0)
    Also, one more AI dead = one more eevee form. so you'll get leafeon. (and the new/old extension to the day/night)

Only need to...
    -code up latios' rescue event
    -place the events for some corrupted pokemon.
    -general testing (making sure that the game can actually be played from beginning to end.)

So expect v0.6 pretty soon. I would say next weekend, BUT I have 2 assignments and one essay due in next weekend.

-----
    @BCKC

about opening SPEE in rm2k3.

Open up RM2k3, project>open project
    double click on project path.
    Now, select the folder where the SPEE folder is located.
    Don't select the SPEE folder iteself. (eg: if SPEE folder is located on the desktop, select desktop.)

If done right, it should appear on the project list box.

Last edited:

Omn

Moogle King
    Years
  • Awesome I haven't posted on this forum for a while and the pace this game is going i haven't had an idea to give you for a while.

DrZues

Eevee trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    sounds cool, like what you did with lati@s, I would have given you the option to save either Latias or Latios when the time comes that one will die but, still cool, also it sounds like one v1.0 is done all of eevee's evolutions would be obtainable, so in v1.1 up I would have new eeveelutions become obtainable to keep it interesting (starting with ghost and poison forms)

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • followingwj.png

Oh my god why the crap didn't we think of this before?! IT'S JUST AWESOME. :) I liked when your Pikachu followed you in Yellow. Having Eevee/eeveelutions following you around just adds that special touch.

...And I have another question. Is it possible to encounter a Shiny Corrupt Pokemon? If so, what would happen? :\

Back