• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spiders...? Scared of US?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Spiders are really interesting. Apparently their flesh is very nice over a fire. Unfortunately, they're too small to be worth much substance... If only this was a fantasy game?

Callandor

ughhh....
    Years
    Imagine if something like in the movie Eight Legged Freaks happened. OMGGIANTEEFINGSPIDERS!!!!!!

I don't really have any interesting spider stories. Though one time when I was at my gramparents house, I was walking through the woods and I saw a large orange dot floating in the air. Upon closer inspection I saw it was a spider. This thing was maybe half an inch long. I later found out it was called a pumpkin spider.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    Actually Richard Brown Recluses are called recluses because they're very un-aggressive and tend to hide in dark areas. o.O I was not bitten nor chased. In fact, Brown Recluses will generally not bite. That funnel spider though. THAT is an aggressive spider, something you want to stay FAR away from less you wish to be attacked.

Yeah, I mixed the two up, apologies for that. Sydney Funnel Web is what will pursue you. Brown Recluse is still damn dangerous though, to the point that it has a notoriety of being, if I recall, the most dangerous spider in America, at least. Black Widow has a lot of notoriety too, but apparently the venom isn't really that fatal unless you're an infant (plus, the Brown Recluse' venom is necrotic, in that it will actually destroy tissue and cause it to rot, or something like that.)

Has anyone else heard the theory that Daddy Long Legs have the most toxic venom of all the spiders, but doesn't have the teeth to deliver the bite? I always considered it bogus, but I've never read anything on it.

It's kind of funny. Here we have these scary, alien little critters, some with humongous fangs, and yet the most toxic animal we know of it a jellyfish (the Box Jellyfish). Ironic, eh?

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Nope, I don't get what's so scary about them (other then the fact that some are poisonous). They're fuzzy and sort of cute, actually, and so long as they're not poisonous, they aren't that dangerous. I try to pluck off any spider that gets onto me, but only for it's own safety so I don't accidentally crush it. I then put it outside.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    I used to love spiders, i would hunt them down during lunch time when i was at primary school.

Now, im arachnophobic, except for those daddy long legs spiders. I feel bad when i see a dead one in the bath or shower.

Damn spider pictures. I have to scroll down a little bit at a time now.

Eldrei

Banned
    Years
    Spiders... *shivers* They're just creepy..!! The worst it happened to me was when I woke up and that spider was sitting on my cheek ready to eat my flesh..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >.> I was like holy **** WTH!!! Every time I see a spider I'd become paralyzed.

Spoiler:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016

YAY!! MANY SPIDERS!!! ^o^

That's just... No.
    The biggest spiders we get in this country are only about 2x the size of those baby ones! I'm pretty sure we also have no venomous ones either.
    I'm usually pretty nice to spiders, seeing as our ones are harmless and most of them are kinda cute, but if I saw that monstrosity in my home... I'd be off to get the deodorant and matches. Regardless of the scolding I'd later get from my parents for burning the moulding.

EDIT: Apparently our 2 largest spiders: The Raft Spider and The Great Raft Spider can have a 7cm leg-span, but aren't venomous and are extremely rare, living in bogs and marshes.
    Great Britain seems to have the most peaceful wildlife in the world ;).

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    I later found out it was called a pumpkin spider.

I think we get those around here too. Which reminds me of some other stories. I use to walk around real late at night in my city, around Summertime. Well during that season, we get all kinds of huge (Well huge for this area) spiders making big webs. Because of the time I was out there, there were still many fresh webs made that night in high-traffic areas, like over sidewalks. In one of the worst nights, I ran into about 5 different webs, and I never saw the spider but it sure felt like it was on me. You can bet I looked crazy to people driving by as I was doing that dance of trying to get some bug off me, lol.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The only thing that happened majorly of a spider was when in my technology class one of the kids got ninja'd by a big spider under the computer tables and all the girls screamed like hell XD. A custodian had to come kill it and pick it up because everyone was scared. MIND YOU, I was busy doing my crap on the computer instead of screaming like the girls :(

Rain

Years
    Arg. I have a few spider stories.

One time I was sitting in the basement watching tv and all of a sudden this spider swings down out of nowhere on some of its silk from the ceiling and right in front of my face. I'd rather have it in front of my face than on my head. My cat ate it.

Another time, I was about to turn on my lava lamp, but as I got near it I noticed a spider sitting on it waiting for me. D:

Last month in the kitchen there was one of those small jumping spiders that ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS know exactly when you are going to attack them with a kleenex and jump out of the way. When I tried to grab him with the kleenex he jumped down onto the floor and crawled under the baseboard. :pink_disbelief: However, yesterday while I was waking up, I noticed some brown thing crawling up the wall beside my bed. It was a jumping spider and this time I successfully grabbed it with a kleenex and flushed him. I have no idea if it was the same spider from last month.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
    Years
    Dubstep said:
    I love spiders! I even pick them up.

...WHAT!!!

I feel that spiders are YUCK.

Many a times they scare me instead of I scaring them.

Once when we all friends were playing cricket, our ball went in the bushes, when we went there we discovered a BIG spider with a VERY BIG web there, one of my friend took it home, that was reeeealy very weird to see~

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    I remember, When I went to bathrooms I saw big spider. and can't take so I called my mom there to kill that spider because I will never go to bathroom if the spider is still in there.. :D

I'm very scared of spiders and cockroach because it feels like they bite me and it is soooooooo YUCKY<<<

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    ...Um, Wow. Mind if I borrow that pic, Yellow?

Can't stand "big" spiders, but little ones are fine. Something big as the one in that picture, though? Yellow said it better than I could.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I love spiders! I even pick them up. ;)

That's hardly anything to boast about, I usually just pick 'em up and lob 'em outside. Although if I'm feeling slightly more evil I scare my sister with them.

Back