• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Splash!* Water Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Awww, I was a little disappointed with the number of pokemon there but at least I can have a somewhat varied team

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • Bleh... no Seismitoad for me...
    Mud Shot is the ONLY ground type attack it learns by leveling up! I think it should have learned Earthquake instead of Acid at Lv.36...or at least Magnitude...

Look like the only water types I'd be interested in using will be either Samurott or Semipour.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • D: you've gotta be kidding me! That's awful!
    Sadly, I ain't.
    & from what I understand now, Samurott is the WORST fully evolved water starter pokemon.

It's attack & sp.atk are good, but the speed isn't enough to take advantage of them, netheir is it's defenses enough.

I figure it'll end up in UU, where Blastoise is a better defensive pokemon & Feraligatr is better on offense, especially with it's dream world ability, Sheer Force.

Here's hoping Samurott gets Shell Break on later games.

Although, all of this REALLY don't matter in-game...
    Still sad news for others who likes Samurott & understands the competitive field of pokemon...

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • D: I don't do that compeditive stuff. seems confusing and hard in my opinion :B
    It does compliate things...

I ended up understanding it by going to Smogon, of which I don't remember fully how I found it...

I still look up stragites to see what I'd like to try, but the more I understand the competitive field, the more irrated I get with the makers of the games...

Why do they INSIST on doing RETARDED things like making pokemon like Luvdisc that are POINTLESS, NOT letting some pokemon have what they need to do their best, like NOT letting Dusknoir have a strong physical ghost-type attack, making Absol's speed suck HORRIDEOUSLY,
    & keep on making inferior pokemon, like Emboar to both Blaziken & Infernape, Samurott to ALL the other fully evolved water starters!?!?

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I would REALLY like to see Samurott learn Shell Smash...

I don't know if Oshawott can...

Meganium90's sigature shows 1, it looks like it's trying to use Shell Smash but failing miserably!

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
  • Hey can I join? I have an awesome monotype water pokemon team, though I don't battle competitivley with them a. because I don't have wifi and b. because they're not even level 100 yet. only about 80 =/ but here it is:

Milotic: modest
    surf
    ice beam
    toxic
    recover

swampert: adamant
    stealth rock
    avelance
    waterfall
    earthquake

ludicolo: modest
    energy ball
    surf
    rain dance
    ice beam/blizzard (if you can risk the accuracy)

Lanturn: modest
    hydro pump
    ice beam / blizzard
    thunder
    rain dance

Gyarados: Impish (Not the best for it but It doesn't hurt its important stats)
    Dragon dance
    earthquake
    waterfall/ bite/giga impact
    ice fang/ bite/giga impact
    Doesn't matter I've used them all.

Kingdra: modest
    ice beam
    dragon pulse
    rain dance
    surf/hydro pump

With water you have the surf HM for infinite use ofa 95 power water move =D

This is something similar to what I'd expect from Wallace. It has a little better coverage over waters natural weaknesses than his original team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back