• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Splash

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    What's even more sad is that it was Sunkern and Sunflora's NYPC Event Move.

Meanwhile, Eevee gets Growth, Pikachu gets Petal Dance, ect.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    I must say, you've done a great job of trolling this forum without any staff realising but I for one will no longer feed this troll ^^

How am i trolling this forum...this is my thread and i have the right to monitor it. i enjoy discussing my posts with my fellow PC members...is that so bad?

And @ Dunsparce:

I also agree that the NYPC moves were terrible.

Lets hope they dont have those usless moves in HG/SS though im sure they will.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    And @ Dunsparce:

I also agree that the NYPC moves were terrible.

What the... The Eevee and Pikachu were examples of some of the better NYPC moves.

Many NYPC Move became GSC Standard, like Lovely Kiss Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Growth Espeon, and Reversal Gyarados.

MAizHxC

Years
    What the... The Eevee and Pikachu were examples of some of the better NYPC moves.

Many NYPC Move became GSC Standard, like Lovely Kiss Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Growth Espeon, and Reversal Gyarados.

Miss-communication...im sorry. i fail to understand what NYPC moves are ^_^;

Do you get them from an event or something???
    Im clueless.

MAizHxC

Years
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=4813597&postcount=27

This is a post of mine that exists in one of the Stickies in the 1st/2nd Gen Forum. It will explain to you what NYPC Moves are.

Thank you very much!!! I will check it out. I know what the NYPC is because i went there all the time but im not sure what the moves are so i will read up on that...thank you.

Also splash can be used as a buffer zone between Struggle so it doesnt have to hurt itself as soon as you call it out. Thats another one of my theories.

EDIT: Now i understand Dunsparce...thank you very much!!!

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Because of my excessive List-Making habbit, Here is a list of all the Pokemon that can learn Splash in 1st and 2nd Gen:

#035 - Clefairy (Breeding)
    #036 - Clefable (Breeding)
    #060 - Poliwag (Breeding)
    #061 - Poliwhirl (Breeding)
    #063 - Poliwrath (Breeding)
    #116 - Horsea (Breeding)
    #117 - Seadra (Breeding)
    #129 - Magikarp (Level-Up)
    #173 - Cleffa (Breeding)
    #186 - Politoed (Breeding)
    #187 - Hoppip (Level-Up)
    #188 - Skiploom (Level-Up)
    #189 - Jumpluff (Level-Up)
    #191 - Sunkern (NYPC)
    #192 - Sunflora (NYPC)
    #225 - Delibird (Breeding)
    #230 - Kingdra (Breeding)

MAizHxC

Years
    Because of my excessive List-Making habbit, Here is a list of all the Pokemon that can learn Splash in 1st and 2nd Gen:

#035 - Clefairy (Breeding)
    #036 - Clefable (Breeding)
    #060 - Poliwag (Breeding)
    #061 - Poliwhirl (Breeding)
    #063 - Poliwrath (Breeding)
    #116 - Horsea (Breeding)
    #117 - Seadra (Breeding)
    #129 - Magikarp (Level-Up)
    #173 - Cleffa (Breeding)
    #186 - Politoed (Breeding)
    #187 - Hoppip (Level-Up)
    #188 - Skiploom (Level-Up)
    #189 - Jumpluff (Level-Up)
    #191 - Sunkern (NYPC)
    #192 - Sunflora (NYPC)
    #225 - Delibird (Breeding)
    #230 - Kingdra (Breeding)

LOL...thats alot...if i was breeding pokemon and one of them learned splash i would be PO'd... its the most rediculous move.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    Nope lol, its kinda cool though :DD

cool? :P I always found it annoying as hell lol. But then again, if it was to make a magikarp harder to train, why bother? just go wait till you get the super rod and catch a gyrados, or the good rod and catch a lvl 20 magikarp then give it a rare candy.. :/ just my opinion anyway.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I think that the move Splash exists to give Magikarp a move without giving it any real power until it learns Tackle. Magikarp is supposed to be the weakest of all Pokemon and training it is meant to be a trial in itself, but when properly trained it can be quite an asset to any team.

ZOMG, your an idiot. Leave him alone, now your dealing with me. The most infamous member of PC of this time so far. So just take you stuck-up self out of here now before I get real pissed.

You seem really egocentric. Not only that, but you also seem to fuel forum fires instead of extinguishing them. I wonder if it's because you really want a fight, and not what's best for the Pokecommunity. Perhaps your "help" is better used elsewhere.

And to .hack, you obviously don't know how to not feed a troll. And I saw noting trollish about his post in the first place. In this thread, you fit the definition of the "Troll", not him.

That was the coolest thing ever. He took down a team of obviously hacked Pokemon (I wonder if the Magikarp was legit?).

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Stat-wise, there are seven Pokemon that are weaker than Magikarp and one that ties with it.

This is mostly due to it's impressive base 80 Speed.

Even in 1st Gen, it wasn't the weakest. Caterpie and Weedle both have lower Base Stat Totals than Magikarp. The only thing to note that may have attributed to Magikarp's reputaion was that it was the ONLY Pokemon that could learn Splash in RGBY.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Stat-wise, there are seven Pokemon that are weaker than Magikarp and one that ties with it.

This is mostly due to it's impressive base 80 Speed.

Even in 1st Gen, it wasn't the weakest. Caterpie and Weedle both have lower Base Stat Totals than Magikarp. The only thing to note that may have attributed to Magikarp's reputaion was that it was the ONLY Pokemon that could learn Splash in RGBY.

But to make up for the low stats both Caterpie and Weedle evolve very quickly, while Magikarp doesn't evolve until level 20.

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    I think that the move Splash exists to give Magikarp a move without giving it any real power until it learns Tackle. Magikarp is supposed to be the weakest of all Pokemon and training it is meant to be a trial in itself, but when properly trained it can be quite an asset to any team.

You seem really egocentric. Not only that, but you also seem to fuel forum fires instead of extinguishing them. I wonder if it's because you really want a fight, and not what's best for the Pokecommunity. Perhaps your "help" is better used elsewhere.

And to .hack, you obviously don't know how to not feed a troll. And I saw noting trollish about his post in the first place. In this thread, you fit the definition of the "Troll", not him.

That was the coolest thing ever. He took down a team of obviously hacked Pokemon (I wonder if the Magikarp was legit?).

Hm? And maybe your sarcasm is better used somewhere else. And when did I ever use the word "help" ,It's called backing someone up. And no, It's not that I enjoy fights, I don't let people mess with my cousin(MAizHxC).

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Splash is the most amazing move in the entire pokeymanz world D:<
    I say is the greatest thing to ever happen to pokeymanz since the pokeyball
    It is the signature move of the great Magikarp
    how dare you call it useless ;n;

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013

it is legit read his stragety in the video info

Back