• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Splash

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    He is useless without any other pokemon. Smeargle used an assortment of moves to raise the stats of Magikarp thus allowing him to take down the strongest of pokemon.

So? Some other Pokemon are useless without help. Besides, losing to Magikarp is always humiliating, even with help.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Although other Pokemon were used, that is the point of a team. The Pokemon work together to take down the other team. The question was not if he could do it alone, but if he could do it. Though Smeargle paved the way, Magikarp played a key role in bringing the other side to it's knees.

Hm? And maybe your sarcasm is better used somewhere else. And when did I ever use the word "help" ,It's called backing someone up. And no, It's not that I enjoy fights, I don't let people mess with my cousin(MAizHxC).

Sarcasm? I'll have you know that I am being quite serious.

I don't recall you using the word "Help", but I don't recall you using the term "Back up" either. I do recall name-calling, "mini-modding", and an egocentric line.

I do think that what you tried to do was indeed a nice thing, but I believe that you went about it in the wrong way. It's very admirable to help out someone in need, and a relative none-the-less, but you should have let him fight his own battle. I seem to think he was doing quite well and his opponent's claims were full of hot air.

Now, I have no quarrel with you, I just want to see this thread go on in it's intended way. A thing that your cousin is helping to happen, and we (at the moment) are hindering.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
    Although other Pokemon were used, that is the point of a team. The Pokemon work together to take down the other team. The question was not if he could do it alone, but if he could do it. Though Smeargle paved the way, Magikarp played a key role in bringing the other side to it's knees.

Sarcasm? I'll have you know that I am being quite serious.

I don't recall you using the word "Help", but I don't recall you using the term "Back up" either. I do recall name-calling, "mini-modding", and an egocentric line.

I do think that what you tried to do was indeed a nice thing, but I believe that you went about it in the wrong way. It's very admirable to help out someone in need, and a relative none-the-less, but you should have let him fight his own battle. I seem to think he was doing quite well and his opponent's claims were full of hot air.

Now, I have no quarrel with you, I just want to see this thread go on in it's intended way. A thing that your cousin is helping to happen, and we (at the moment) are hindering.

I Agree to that fact but still, if you vs a magikarp in the wild will it have a team of pokemon to help bring you to your knees? Thats why i think its measly in my opinion. Magikarps can do it but not without the help of other pokemon.

He was just trying to help his lil cousin out. I took care of .hack and he was trying to put the finishing touches on him. And i apprieciate your complements ;D
    He is very protective over the people he knows and loves and you must forgive him for this little incident between you two.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I Agree to that fact but still, if you vs a magikarp in the wild will it have a team of pokemon to help bring you to your knees? Thats why i think its measly in my opinion. Magikarps can do it but not without the help of other pokemon.

He was just trying to help his lil cousin out. I took care of .hack and he was trying to put the finishing touches on him. And i apprieciate your complements ;D
    He is very protective over the people he knows and loves and you must forgive him for this little incident between you two.

That's why he's so easy to catch. No Pokemon can really reach full potential until trained by a Pokemon Trainer. No Pokemon in the wild will have a team helping it, and that is so that you can catch one and make it part of yours.

I still catch a Magikarp and evolve asap... But you get my point.

That's very nice of him, but if he was finished why jump in. I wouldn't like to think of it as an incident, but a run-in. The word "incident" indicates that there may be some hard feelings, of which I have none. "Run-in" just shows that we crossed paths.

MAizHxC

Years
    That's why he's so easy to catch. No Pokemon can really reach full potential until trained by a Pokemon Trainer. No Pokemon in the wild will have a team helping it, and that is so that you can catch one and make it part of yours.

I still catch a Magikarp and evolve asap... But you get my point.

That's very nice of him, but if he was finished why jump in. I wouldn't like to think of it as an incident, but a run-in. The word "incident" indicates that there may be some hard feelings, of which I have none. "Run-in" just shows that we crossed paths.

Ok sounds good. Magikarps are also decent "Bait" pokemon so you can throw it out there to heal your better pokemon.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    Ok sounds good. Magikarps are also decent "Bait" pokemon so you can throw it out there to heal your better pokemon.

A tank like Snorlax would be a much better choice for healing switch, but I like the bait idea.

Send out a Magikarp first and have a stronger Pokemon come out next and take the enemy by surprise, as they wouldn't waste a strong move's PP on a Magikarp.

MAizHxC

Years
    A tank like Snorlax would be a much better choice for healing switch, but I like the bait idea.

Send out a Magikarp first and have a stronger Pokemon come out next and take the enemy by surprise, as they wouldn't waste a strong move's PP on a Magikarp.

Snorlax would also be great due to its large amounts of HP.

Wouldnt that be kind of bad for your next pokemon because they will have the stronger moves for the better pokemon...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    Once I battled a magikarp that only knew splash with my magikarp that only knew splash. I still lost, though, because the other one was faster and got to struggle first. =(

MAizHxC

Years
    Once I battled a magikarp that only knew splash with my magikarp that only knew splash. I still lost, though, because the other one was faster and got to struggle first. =(

LMAO!! battle of the Magikarps... XD

its like Micheal Vicks dog fighting XD

rocklee666

Leader Of the K.O.D.O
    Years
    lol. the "splash battle" SOOOO reminds me of the Metapod battle. I mean for real..That was INTENSE! XD. soo, I have been considering tattooing a gold magikarp on me somewhere btw XD.

Hmm.. Any other strategy that can be used for a magikarp to make it mad uber???

MAizHxC

Years
    lol. the "splash battle" SOOOO reminds me of the Metapod battle. I mean for real..That was INTENSE! XD. soo, I have been considering tattooing a gold magikarp on me somewhere btw XD.

Hmm.. Any other strategy that can be used for a magikarp to make it mad uber???

hit it up with rare candies??? XD

Back