• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
  • This game is probably putting people out of their jobs with its addictiveness. If there was ever a game that triggers that 'one more battle' feel for me, it's this.

I wonder if we'll have a Splatoon event here someday?

i'm sure we will have a splatoon event some day ^_^. apparently in august they're coming out with team battles so you can join your friends and set up a team to compete with. sounds like a splatoon skype group in the making.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    i'm sure we will have a splatoon event some day ^_^. apparently in august they're coming out with team battles so you can join your friends and set up a team to compete with. sounds like a splatoon skype group in the making.
    That sounds awesome!

By the way, what are the downsides of the Aerospray weapons? I'm not high enough level to see them, but they seem really powerful to me from my judgement of other people using them.

And what's everyone's favourite weapons? Mine at the moment is the Tentatek Splattershot, because it seems to be what I can use best. I'll have to see if there is a weapon I like more when I level-up some more.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • That sounds awesome!

By the way, what are the downsides of the Aerospray weapons? I'm not high enough level to see them, but they seem really powerful to me from my judgement of other people using them.

And what's everyone's favourite weapons? Mine at the moment is the Tentatek Splattershot, because it seems to be what I can use best. I'll have to see if there is a weapon I like more when I level-up some more.

i love the aeropsray rg i use. i think you have to get that weapon from a scroll from the one player mode. that's the weapon i use now. i use to use the splat roller, but this weapon is awesome. i come in first like almost every time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm a roller kind of gal. I like to roll stuff, turn into a squid and ninja my way to the enemy's side, then just bomb and steam roll everything into oblivion.

Anyone find themselves getting stuck with terrible players? Like I'll be on a team and we'll lose with like 30% or less and I know I'm not the terrible one cause I'm leading the team most of the time, if not leading then in second. And I'm like?????????????? WHAT ARE YOU DOING PEOPLE

And yes, for those asking, there will be a Splatoon event. Waiting on more people to get the game/get used to the game, etc. So expect an event around mid-June. :>

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I'm a roller kind of gal. I like to roll stuff, turn into a squid and ninja my way to the enemy's side, then just bomb and steam roll everything into oblivion.

Anyone find themselves getting stuck with terrible players? Like I'll be on a team and we'll lose with like 30% or less and I know I'm not the terrible one cause I'm leading the team most of the time, if not leading then in second. And I'm like?????????????? WHAT ARE YOU DOING PEOPLE

And yes, for those asking, there will be a Splatoon event. Waiting on more people to get the game/get used to the game, etc. So expect an event around mid-June. :>

OMG YES. I CANNOT STAND IT. i feel like i'm doing everything and i'm screaming at the tv. my bf keeps saying i think i'm sooo good when i'm not that good lol. i can't help i get mad >.< especially with these rank battles. I CAN'T WIN.
    *breathes heavily*

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I enjoy using Splattergun and Splattergun Jr. type weapons such as the N-Zapper 85 and the Golden Aerospray. But I try to use Splattergun weapons more often, because the Jr. weapons are suppose to be for noobs, according to the devs, which I am not.

And yes, I have my experience with being grouped with terrible players, but once I move to the better team, the bad team suddenly gets better. It felt like I was the one who cost my previous team those matches.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Rollers have the downside of being unsuitable for direct combat against enemies with ranged weapons if the enemy spots you first and has even a little bit of distance. They also have a lot of trouble accessing towers or high points that you need to paint a wall to get to, and this can be very problematic if there is an enemy sniper.

They do get a lot of ink down though, and if you use your swimming abilities right you can be stealthy about it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ I have Ninja Squid ability on my gear so I just swim away from people haha. I see the roller as being a defensive/stealth thing, so that's usually my method. Tried using some other weapons last night though since the regular battle stages were just not suited for the roller. The more I use non-rollers though, the more I...miss my roller... :< lol

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years

I don't think people are 'terrible' per say, they just don't have the right strategy - people get too focused on killing people instead of claiming turf.. which, you do need to focus on turf claims, haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I only focus on getting kills when someone is right there and needs to be taken care of, haha. I avoid confrontation in turf wars if at all possible and just sneak around laying down ink. :P

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I only focus on getting kills when someone is right there and needs to be taken care of, haha. I avoid confrontation in turf wars if at all possible and just sneak around laying down ink. :P

same. if there's someone there, i will get you. xD

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I don't think people are 'terrible' per say, they just don't have the right strategy - people get too focused on killing people instead of claiming turf.. which, you do need to focus on turf claims, haha.

I thought the best strategy was prioritizing on kills when an enemy comes into view?

Like, I understand that kills aren't the main objective here, but they definitely help.
    People do seem to get back into the game a lot quicker than the average shooter, which probably makes kills seem less important overall, but it still takes time for them to respawn. That's still downtime that they aren't doing anything. And if they didn't have any teammates in that area they were inking, it'll take more time for them to get back there while you could be covering the ground and moving in closer on their turf.

Fwiw, from every gameplay video I've seen so far, the team with the best K/D ratio just happens to be the winning team. :v

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I thought the best strategy was prioritizing on kills when an enemy comes into view?

Like, I understand that kills aren't the main objective here, but they definitely help.
    People do seem to get back into the game a lot quicker than the average shooter, which probably makes kills seem less important overall, but it still takes time for them to respawn. That's still downtime that they aren't doing anything. And if they didn't have any teammates in that area they were inking, it'll take more time for them to get back there while you could be covering the ground and moving in closer on their turf.

Fwiw, from every gameplay video I've seen so far, the team with the best K/D ratio just happens to be the winning team. :v

Naturally you'd have to shoot people if they see you~

But what I meant was, I find that I win most games by not concentrating on engaging enemies but by trying to rack up as much points as possible - and by that I mean claiming turn. I mean you can be 10-1 and still lose because you didn't have enough points. x:

Sometimes I don't really kill the enemy right away if they don't spot me, but rather re-claim the turf that they splat to get more points for the team.

Years
  • I still prefer Shooter weapons. I can't get enough of that "splatatatatat" sound. {XD}
    Splatting the opposition feels good, but I don't go out of my way to seek them down. As others have said, claiming turf is the first priority. Though sometimes I might move to assist an ally in a confrontation.

By the way, what are some of this thread's favorite sub and special weapons?
    Also, I'd like to know how many of you use the motion controls. From what I've read, a lot of people consider them to be superior... and I agree they can be faster and more accurate. But I can't seem to utilize it right so far, since the way I hold the Game Pad constantly shifts. Maybe I need to play with the sensitivity settings.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I mostly focus on covering ground, and when an enemy is nearby, I try to either hide or dispose of him/her and continue spraying.

So apparently I'm a kid...and a squid?

This game is addictive! It's super fun, colorful, has great online features and may be one of my favorite Wii U games yet. I'm really enjoying it so far but I'll be sure to post a longer opinion on it soon once I've really got into it.

Favorite weapon is the paint roller.
    Gee, I wonder why:

Spoiler:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I mostly focus on covering ground, and when an enemy is nearby, I try to either hide or dispose of him/her and continue spraying.

Gee, I wonder why:

Spoiler:

apparently the walls don't count...that doesn't really make sense to me..

edit; at 7 pm pt the inkbrush is being released as a new weapon
    splatoon_ink_brush__default-news-image.jpg

it's similar to the rollers. it has inkstrike and sprinklers. SOUNDS GOOD.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Dang, already? Well that only proves one of my E3 predictions true, which is another update to Splatoon that's heading our way.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You know, I have a Splatoon poster and I was looking at it and was like "what's that paintbrush on the poster that isn't in the game?" lol. Looking forward to trying that out! That solves the mystery of why it's on the poster. :P

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I think the paintbrush might end up being my main weapon if it's good enough. Looks awesome. 8)

it does look awesome. i used a splat roller to begin with before using the aeropsray. knowing it has inkstrike and sprinklers makes me want to use it now!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Well I got the Inkbrush, and I'm going to try it out soon enough.

Anyone got a triple kill when using the roller? I did one two days. This guy, however, has made several of them:

Back