• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Spoiler] The worst fight in the game, last Delta episode encounter

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
Years
  • Deoxys

Who decided this was ok?

Psycho boost, Hyperbeam, Cosmic Power and Recover.

Fine, that's a moveset he can have, who cares right?

Except you only get 10 turns of attack, 15 if you count recharges, before Deoxys is left spamming recover and cosmic power, no big deal, right?

Pressure and low catch rate say "have fun" with a sleeper, mixed with +6 defense against false swiping, oh and a LONG encounter before you can EVEN FIGHT HIM, you must catch Raqyuaza, beat Zinnia, and then watch the cutscene before you can encounter him again, there are no points to save in between.

After two failed attempts with Deoxys knocking himself out, I said "**** it", I already have one, and I don't care enough to keep trying, but honestly, who thought this was ok? NO saves before a legendary after CATCHING ONE, and fighting a mandatory battle? Thanks GameFreak.

Years
  • I decided to knock it out (took two or three turns) and then go beat the Elite Four again to make it respawn later so I could reset for IVs/Nature without having to deal with everything that comes before the first encounter.

Reading this, I see that I apparently made the right decision <_<

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • I decided to knock it out (took two or three turns) and then go beat the Elite Four again to make it respawn later so I could reset for IVs/Nature without having to deal with everything that comes before the first encounter.

I didn't even know you COULD encounter it again.

And when I do, I will knock it out, because what a stupid idea by gamefreak, I feel sorry for people that will try over and over to catch it there, Deoxys is barely even worth the hassle.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • ...Don't tell me you couldn't find, or even worse, wasted the Master Ball on another target. For a Pokemon like Deoxys, as high level as it is compared to the other legendaries you can capture, Master Ball is the easiest way to go. Heck, I saved my Ultra Balls and ported over my Aegislash with False Swipe from X to use to capture any other Legendaries I run into.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • ...Don't tell me you couldn't find, or even worse, wasted the Master Ball on another target. For a Pokemon like Deoxys, as high level as it is compared to the other legendaries you can capture, Master Ball is the easiest way to go. Heck, I saved my Ultra Balls and ported over my Aegislash with False Swipe from X to use to capture any other Legendaries I run into.

I don't use masterballs, and using my Gallade with false swipe and hypnosis, I had less trouble getting Rayquaza, who was caught on the first ultra ball luckily enough.

Really the issue is just "why can't I save before this", it's a lot of stuff to go through without a save.

Years
  • When I battled Deoxys, my Mega Rayquaza OHKO'ed it with Dragon Pulse after it missed with Psycho Boost. And the cutscenes that show after it, despite being very cute, are long, so I decided to just say screw it and save afterward. I only had 32 Ultra Balls, anyway.

But yeah, this was not something I was thrilled by at all. First you're forced to catch Rayquaza, which isn't an easy feat on its own. They may have done that with Zekrom/Reshiram in BW and Xerneas/Yveltal in XY, but at least their catch rates were pretty high so catching them wasn't as big a concern, and using them was optional. Rayquaza still has its super low catch rate, and Dragon Dance doesn't help. But it was very cumbersome, yes, having to catch Rayquaza, immediately battle Zinnia afterward, then a cutscene before Deoxys, battle Deoxys and then another super long cutscene before you can even check its stats. Not a very well executed series of events. :/

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Here's what I did:

First I paralyzed Deoxys with Nuzzle, then I used Hold Back to get it to one HP. I then threw three Great Balls at it and caught it. I thought it had a high catch rate?

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2020
    Here's what I did:

First I paralyzed Deoxys with Nuzzle, then I used Hold Back to get it to one HP. I then threw three Great Balls at it and caught it. I thought it had a high catch rate?

I thought so too. I caught Rayquaza with my first ultra ball and Deoxys with my second.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I KOd Deoxys, but caught it on my 5th try w/ a regular Pokeball. I caught Rayquaza w/ a Quick Ball on my first try :3.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I decided to knock it out (took two or three turns) and then go beat the Elite Four again to make it respawn later so I could reset for IVs/Nature without having to deal with everything that comes before the first encounter.

Are you absolutely sure it will respawn? I'm nowhere near the end of the game (only past the fifth gym currently Synchronize soft resetting Latias for the correct nature and IVs) but if I can KO it and then try again, I absolutely will be doing that for the correct nature, especially since Synchronize works on legendaries this would be absolutely amazing if it does in fact work

Years
  • Are you absolutely sure it will respawn? I'm nowhere near the end of the game (only past the fifth gym currently Synchronize soft resetting Latias for the correct nature and IVs) but if I can KO it and then try again, I absolutely will be doing that for the correct nature, especially since Synchronize works on legendaries this would be absolutely amazing if it does in fact work

Yep, I've even found a video (DON'T click that if you want to avoid all possible spoilers, although all it shows is the encounter and start of the battle) of the encounter. I haven't done it myself, but I've seen several people say that it respawns at the top of Sky Pillar after talking to a scientist at the Space Center and beating the Elite Four again.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I guess if it was a normal legendary I'd be mad too, but Deoxys IS an event Pokemon, the first one availble through normal play, and possibly the true final boss. I guess the difficulty is a bit justified in that case.

But on the bright side hey, at least it doesn't know Supernova!

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • Here's what I did:

That's called RNG, I caught Rayquaza with an ultraball in the red while it wasn't asleep/paralyzed.
    Meanwhile after 25 ultra balls, twice, Deoxys kills itself.

Deoxys has a catchrate of 3, basically the lowest.

Meanwhile Rayquaza has a catchrate of an amazing 3, basically the lowest.

I get that RNG is a thing, and throwing the first five pokeballs at a full health Mewtwo shouldn't catch it, but there's a point where GameFreak should really try to make the rates a bit higher, especially when BWB2W2 did it better already, and with ridiculous cutscenes.

For perspective, Zekrom's catchrate is 45, which is a 1/17 or so chance at full health with a pokeball and no status ailment.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I didn't know we can encounter it again...
    I end up wasting my Masterball.

i believe the catch rates have been twisted for some of the Pokemon in ORAS anyway.
    Zekrom and Dialga wasn't that easy compared to BWB2W2 and DPPt.
    Rayquaza should get an increment because you have to catch it to advance further.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I was sure that the catch rates had been changed for these games. To make it easier for young kids, I thought?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I was sure that the catch rates had been changed for these games. To make it easier for young kids, I thought?

I thought the reason capture rates were high for certain Pokemon in Gen V and Gen VI had to do with the individual Pokemon themselves, not quite to assist children. Reshiram and Zekrom were not only confortable around humans but genuinely wanted to be caught to help the player. I dunno why this applies to Gen VI, maybe the Pokemon looked at the player character and saw a virtuous person there and wanted to join them, or in Xerneas and Yveltal's case awoke and saw a crazy lunatic with a Doctor Octopus suit on and didn't want any of it.

It makes sense, cause all the Pokemon with a lower catch rate might be unfamiliar with people and don't want to be captured. Darkrai has a catch rate of three, but it hates being around others because it causes unending nightmares to all its immediate vicinity.

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah they make you catch Rayquaza, so no doubt there's a lower capture rate. Caught it full health on first Pokeball haha.

For Deoxys, after it Psycho Boosted a couple times my Lunatone was able to sit and watch while I chucked Pokeballs. Caught it eventually after like 40 balls at full health.

ShivaDF

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    Wait, so if Deoxys's catch rate wasn't actually changed...
    does that mean I actually got lucky catching a legendary for once?! 0_0 It's a pre-Thanksgiving miracle!

Back