• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [Spoiler] The worst fight in the game, last Delta episode encounter

ptisnjunk95

Made in Portugal
Years
  • I didn't had time to catch it. My Rayquaza OHKO it with Dragon Ascent after he almost fainted (13HP left) by Deoxys' Hyper Beam. I didn't have a Master Ball with me, and even if I had, I wouldn't use it because I only use Poké, Premier and Luxury Balls. For me fainting it was the only way because my strongest pokémon (beside Rayquaza) was Lv60 Swampert so it was almost impossible to catch it. I was really glad when I discovered that you can rematch him after E4.

In my opinion Deoxys Moveset was fair because it is difficult to defeat him and makes it a good challenge. Think the way that if everything in the game was easy, it would lose all the fun. So, enjoy catching him. Besides, Deoxys never been able to catch during normal gameplay, so you should be grateful to GameFreak to include him in the Delta Episode.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • The problem with SR-ing Deoxys is not that he's hard to catch (like mentioned above, you might as well use the Master Ball, because the rest of the legendaries are a much smaller pain in the butt), but the fact that you also have to catch Rayquaza, fight Zinnia and watch a 10-minut-long cutscene before you can actually see his stats. Oh, and the game defaults to Rayquaza as your lead, even if it fainted during the Zinnia fight, so no Nature manipulation with Synchronize.
    I just reseted the game, SR-ed Rayquaza properly (who CAN be Synchronized and his stats CAN be viewed during the Zinnia fight) and then caught Deoxys without worrying about Natures and IVs. He turned out Lonely with crap IVs at all the important stats, I don't even care.
    See, we can get so obsessed with the technical aspect of the games sometimes, that we forget to feel like little kids again and just enjoy the awesome. Awesome as in:
    [fanboy_mode_on]
    Oh WOW! I'm in space! I'm in space wearing a spacesuit, riding space Rayquaza! I exploded a space meteorastrothingiroid and space Deoxys came out of it! And this is in-game not some stupid event that I can't get because it hasn't come out in my country! And I'm fighting him in space! Spaaaaaceee!!!
    [fanboy_mode_off]

matoucs

Trainer
    Years
  • i was so pumped up for this fight ! Then i launched Dragon Pulse and Deoxys was KOed lol I was like whaaat ! This is supposed to be the epic final fight in freaking space !!!
    I immediatly went online to see if i could encounter it again and it's possible so i'm good now haha 4th Deoxys for me !

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Okay, seriously.

I understand the appeal of legendaries in low ranking pokeballs. I don't understand why people are so adamant (hue) about getting them that they'll restart a fight using a still underleveled team just to have one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Okay, seriously.

I understand the appeal of legendaries in low ranking pokeballs. I don't understand why people are so adamant (hue) about getting them that they'll restart a fight using a still underleveled team just to have one.

1) All the legendaries in ORAS and X/Y have at least 3 perfect IVs, so it's not that hard to get 5 if you really want them

2) Why bother settling for just any random legendary when you can reset for one with the nature you want?

3) event if you have a legendary available in ORAS, you can't use them in certain types of competitions because those competitions require all competing pokemon be from gen 6 (and have that pentagon marking that only 6th gen pokemon have) and if you're going to recatch a legendary, see points 1 and 2

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • This match was pretty ass, lol. Dragon Ascent from Mega Ray nearly killed Deoxys, but it used Cosmic Power the same turn and followed through with Recover thereafter, preventing Rayquaza or really anything on my team from touching it for fear of killing it. I hadn't realized I could respawn it after the Elite 4, so it was dire that I catch it. If it had come down to it I would have used the Master Ball but I eventually caught it with an Ultra Ball after I Meteor Mash'd through a few Recover spams.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • Wow I first fought Rayquaza and had no idea Deoxys was coming after, so, I through my masterball to catch him. When I got to space, I encountered Deoxys and struggled to keep him at low HP and the best I could do was paralyze him. I was running out of balls and he was running out of moves. It literally got down to him using struggle and me having 1 ultra ball left. I threw it, 3 shakes, he broke free and struggled to death. I was so pissed I reset, miraculously caught my Rayquaza with 1 Ultra ball, and Master Ball'd Deoxys straight to my PC.

Years
  • I just threw the Master Ball at Deoxys because I knew it'd gather dust otherwise. :D; Good thing I didn't try to battle it since I'd more than likely have OHKO'd the thing.. which would suck given I got an awesome Jolly likes to thrash about Rayquaza on my first try (no synchronizer). 31 IVs in everything except special defense and HP or defense. Hrrrg.

Back