• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    It's not just flying apparently. It's a flying, surfing, volt tackling Pikachu. So I'd assume it's really rare :x That said, I haven't gotten one yet. Just a bunch of normal level 10 Pikachus.

Yeah, just a bit annoying (see a lot).
    I noticed that in the Pokewalker when you select pokeradar and you choose the grass (with the !) sometimes you have to do it 2 times, and one time I had to do it three (and it was "!!" instead of "!"). I caught that pikachu but it was a normal one, but does anyone knows if it has anything to do with the rarety of the Pokemons?

Mr Saturn

GUREITO!
    Years
    I believe when you get to three, there's a higher chance of it being a rare one or a higher level one. The highest I've gotten was two, but some people have gotten 3 and ended up getting a level 13 Pikachu from that instead of the usual 10.

Years
    I have a 5 "lvl 13" out of 24 D:
    I gotta go further in the game and not spending my time trying to get one...
    Good luck with your flying Pikachu quest. If I were you, I would just simply wait untill I've completed the game and the after-quests before chasing them.

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    30h of gameplay and 5 badges... Well I left my DS open on my desk while being outside and didn't really had the time to play for a long time straight.

Years
    I still don't see how people who don't understand Japanese could play the game. For me, part of the enjoyment of Pokemon games is to be able to understand the text and read through what I'm doing. I'm guessing impatient got the better of some people.

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    HG/SS is known stuff, I still remeber well the story from GS so it's not a problem for me for this part.
    Plus my sister speaks and reads japanese, so if I need a precise explaination of something I ask her.
    The only annoying thing is the Pokegear phone, it's always ringing and I doesn't even know who it is, but anyway 95% of the calls are perfect ********.

Years
    HG/SS is known stuff, I still remeber well the story from GS so it's not a problem for me for this part.
    Plus my sister speaks and reads japanese, so if I need a precise explaination of something I ask her.
    The only annoying thing is the Pokegear phone, it's always ringing and I doesn't even know who it is, but anyway 95% of the calls are perfect ********.
    XD; you're lucky that you have a handy sister who knows Japanese. It's the only language I want to learn because it means that I can import Pokemon games from Japan and watch anime in RAW.

Wouldn't the text in the game be different to the way it's spoken though?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I still don't see how people who don't understand Japanese could play the game. For me, part of the enjoyment of Pokemon games is to be able to understand the text and read through what I'm doing. I'm guessing impatient got the better of some people.
    Noting how HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes from the original Gold and Silver, then it is known that the main gameplay and plot of it would still be closely the same. So, those who knew what to do before wouldn't have much of a problem now even in a different language. However, there are also ways to work the game, such as the English Patch and have the game in where you can undestand it clearly.

Now it won't always be understood perfectly, but those who do import sometimes gets around to understanding it to an extent.

Years
    Noting how HeartGold and SoulSilver are remakes from the original Gold and Silver, then it is known that the main gameplay and plot of it would still be closely the same. So, those who knew what to do before wouldn't have much of a problem now even in a different language. However, there are also ways to work the game, such as the English Patch and have the game in where you can undestand it clearly.

Now it won't always be understood perfectly, but those who do import sometimes gets around to understanding it to an extent.
    I understand what you mean. Most remakes are easier to understand, even in a different language due to the original games. I'm sure the english patch is for roms only. What about the people who bought it?

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    Another advantage of having a original first edition is that many glitchs will be corrected in the translated versions... Like the cloning glitch in d/p which dissapeared in Pt, or the cloning item glitch between DP jp and DP en.

Yeah I bought the game, had luck, it was sold out in every shops in Japan the 12nd we had extreme luck to find a HG that night, and we had even more luck to find a SS in a shop of the airport the next day.

Years
    Another advantage of having a original first edition is that many glitchs will be corrected in the translated versions... Like the cloning glitch in d/p which dissapeared in Pt, or the cloning item glitch between DP jp and DP en.

Yeah I bought the game, had luck, it was sold out in every shops in Japan the 12nd we had extreme luck to find a HG that night, and we had even more luck to find a SS in a shop of the airport the next day.
    Japan is really a Pokemon crazy country, isn't it? I don't believe HG/SS were sold out within the first day.

Allen K.

At least!
    Years
    They did an awesome advertising process.
    Well that's the conclusion my sister and I made.

They knew that children and young teenagers will buy it since it's pokemon, so there's no real need to advertise for them. The real aim of Nintendo was people who played the original GS game. So for exemple in the advertising screens in the metro there was one ad for HG/SS and there was 2 guy asked about the game (20-25 yo) and they said that GS was great and that it was a game that they will always remember. Then instead of showing screencap of the new game it was oldschool things of GS like the ice cave with the old graphics and so on.
    Clearly it was to make people feel nostalgic!

The other ad I heard was better imo. In Tokyo there is the quarter Shibuya, that where all 20-30yo people go out at night, there are a lot of shops, dance hall and so on. In Shibuya Nintendo probably rented the streets speakers (you know, that's usually radio or songs that comes out of theese speakers) and it was making the gold old songs of GS, not the most known but for exemple the "dark" song there was in the "new game / continue" menu of GS, or the song of the bicycle. Someone who knew pokemon but didn't play GS wasn't able to tell it was from GS so it was kinda clever. Really good marketing process I think!

EDIT : found the song on youtube :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcC2fY60agE&feature=related

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I'm having a blast with SS right now!
    Thank god I was in Hong Kong on release day... if I was back home, I'd probably have had no chance (canceled Amazon pre-order etc.)

Is it me, or is the Pokewalker much, much more enjoyable than I first expected?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I can't wait til I get my Pokewalker, but I'll have to wait for the English release for that :(. I'm excited to get the special Pikachu too.... even though from others' posts here it seems like it's not that easy to get.

Years
    You know what's weird, I pre-ordered HeartGold on GameStop yesterday, 5 Months before it comes out. @~@

So yeah, I asked for the release date and he said it was April 10th 2010. Wow, I guess that is a temporary release date, but still that is the closest I can find officially. :O

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    dunno if this has been said but sinnoh gym leader wake gave me some fashion case items like 5 minutes ago, at the celadon dept store! :D
    I mentioned that a few pages back actually. He really gives you some Sinnoh Starter accessories. I also believe that Gym Leader Maylene is said to make an appearance as well.

You know what's weird, I pre-ordered HeartGold on GameStop yesterday, 5 Months before it comes out. @~@

So yeah, I asked for the release date and he said it was April 10th 2010. Wow, I guess that is a temporary release date, but still that is the closest I can find officially. :O
    Before, on Game Stop's Official Site they had marked the 1st of April 2010 to be there release date. This of course was said to be a marker until the actual release has been confirmed. They could have altered it to the 10th now, but I would wait until either the Official Pokémon site has released the actual US release date or other Official Pokémon sources.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back