• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve19

Heart gold entusiast!
    Years
    I found something named "pokefix", which is some Encrypter program thing. Find it somewhere, use the instructions and it'll work on NO$.
    Yeah I was too tempted XD

P.S - 1st gym is not harder now for Chikorita players. It's IMPOSSIBLE. At least I have trained Pidgey, Sentret and just caught a Mareep.
    i have tried to find it but no luck

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    i cant find it either :S

btw, pidgeotto has featherdance?

Nor can I.

Featherdance + Mudslap + Roost = frustrating gym leader from hell. I don't get why people complained about the gym leaders' levels in the original GBC, because they, especially Whitney, were hard. I had trouble getting past Falkner the first time because I didn't know he had a Mudslapper on his team. Argh.

Years
    Nor can I.

Featherdance + Mudslap + Roost = frustrating gym leader from hell. I don't get why people complained about the gym leaders' levels in the original GBC, because they, especially Whitney, were hard. I had trouble getting past Falkner the first time because I didn't know he had a Mudslapper on his team. Argh.

ugh is that it?!
    so surely if you use a pidgey you'll win cos pidgeotto can't do damage? :|

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    ugh is that it?!
    so surely if you use a pidgey you'll win cos pidgeotto can't do damage? :|

You might also be able to pin him down when he uses roost if you have a Pokemon on your team that knows a ground type move. But roost takes their vulnerability to Rock away for two turns, IIRC.

By the way, to anyone currently playing, do you know if the gender differences between sprites are still in? IE: Split-tailed female Pikachu, smaller antennae Meganium, etc. It was introduced in DP, it'd be kind of neat if it were still in, he he he...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Guys, anyone knows where can I find the Togepi egg? I beat the first gym, now I can't find the assistant in the Pokecenter...Elm doesn't say anything either.

Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2009
    Look for a guy in red at the poke mart but please, tell me how to fix the rom because I can't find pokefix.

everglow89

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2010
    Can someone please make a separate thread or something for their problems with the ROM...

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Oh, btw. It doesn't want to save. When I try saving In-game, it freezes on me. Maybe I'm using the wrong save type. Otherwise, thanks to pokefix, it works great. :D

Also, savestates don't work for me. :(

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years
    Shiny Meganium, I, too, am having trouble with no$gba. I sent you a PM about it. I think I found Pokefix and tried to execute it, but I don't think it worked because it still froze after Oak's intro. :/

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Shiny Meganium, I, too, am having trouble with no$gba. I sent you a PM about it. I think I found Pokefix and tried to execute it, but I don't think it worked because it still froze after Oak's intro. :/

Did you read the instructions that came with it and did you follow them EXACTLY?

Anyway, I dunno why my game just freezes when I start saving. I used the encryption thing, and it helped me in that it now allows me to get past Oak's intro, I just can't save. So close...

Years
    Did you read the instructions that came with it and did you follow them EXACTLY?

Anyway, I dunno why my game just freezes when I start saving. I used the encryption thing, and it helped me in that it now allows me to get past Oak's intro, I just can't save. So close...

my pokefix didnt even work..
    tried patching it and it came up like "windows cannot open this file"
    then said it failed to encrypt the rom
    but then said it was successful
    and everytime i load it it comes up like "rom-image crashed" ;/
    fml.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    my pokefix didnt even work..
    tried patching it and it came up like "windows cannot open this file"
    then said it failed to encrypt the rom
    but then said it was successful
    and everytime i load it it comes up like "rom-image crashed" ;/
    fml.

It'll say something like

Roms encrypted/decrypted 1
    Failed to encrypt -
    Right?

What you do is boot up no$, and then load up the ROM. IMMEDIATELY when you see the two blank screens, press F11. It'll take you to the emulator options. Change "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to GBA BIOS. When you hit OK, you must press * on your number pad. (It's near the Numlock Key, probably on the right side of your keyboard)

The Game might be a little bit dimmer, and it'll take you to the DS startup screen, in the lower left-hand corner will be a picture of a little sun. You can press that a few times, then the next time you boot up the game, it'll be brighter. Yaay! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XJiLBjipOw
    They will scare you then take your soul. Do not look directly into eyes.

Wooooaaaaahhh. Nice music. I love it. Totally conveys the mysterious aura of the Ruins. Haha...

Doxasikyrie

ハリストス復活!? ??に復活!
    Years

It keeps telling me the rom image crashed. Agh!

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    It keeps telling me the rom image crashed. Agh!

Read the instructions I posted above. Just make sure you do all that. If you still have problems, send me a PM. :)

Oh, btw. Thank you so, so, so much ShinyMeganium! I can now save.

If anyone has problems saving, like I did, make sure on no$gba that the save type is set to FLASH512kb. :D

Oh, and I like the title screen music. It sounds like some big techno remix. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Guys, the trick is to load another ROM of w/e, change to GBA BIOS like it says, and THEN load the game. That way you have no risk of destroying the whole thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back