• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
Years
  • so i am almost certain that the pokemon get homesick (yes i'm on this again)
    1st one was in Mt Silver, Second one was in Cianwood
    these were right after eachother
    That's actually kind of cute/more realistic that they get "homesick." I wonder if it would stop friendship evolutions, though? Someone should test it.. I would but I'm nowhere near far enough in the game.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I also noticed that during the Team Rocket takeover of the Radio Tower, my Pokemon tended to only try to get my attention or make an angry face... guess they didn't like Team Rocket.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
  • Well, treat it with care and you get a happy Pokemon. ;)
    question, i've come up to the eigth gym but still haven't been able to batle the kimono girls... is that right? or am i missing something?

This is correct.
    You must beat Clair before you can fight the Kimono Girls and subsequently capture your game Legendary.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I also noticed that during the Team Rocket takeover of the Radio Tower, my Pokemon tended to only try to get my attention or make an angry face... guess they didn't like Team Rocket.
    Guess they gave the whole following-Pokemon thing a lot more life than I thought. Maybe it's not such a bad feature =P. The only detail I remember having in Yellow apart from the move is when your Pikachu fell asleep from the Jigglypuff.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • From what was first thought before when the following feature was first brought up compared to now, it seems as though it has taken the next step up. Having homesickness and anger against those not trusted seems to be more on the realistic side of the game rather than just your first slot Pokémon simply tagging along behind you. I like what they have done to it though, and even if it doesn't come as an optional request, at least it serves a good enough purpose.

In other news, it has been confirmed that some Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon will appear in the wild from these games. There are a few different methods, but one deals with the PokéGear Radio. For more information on this you can check it out here: Hoenn and Sinnoh Pokémon

Also to note, the PokéBall Seals are back and they are available at the Miltank Farm. This is a pretty nice addition as I know some enjoy the Ball Capsule seals. It does bring to question though if new seals will be brought in from what was already available since DPPt.

Years
  • So I was trying to catch Mewtwo and I started to panic since I forgot to save and caught Suicune just before it (yes, I know it's stupid to not save)
    I had pretty much no pokeballs left and I just wanted to use my last pokeball before I used the Masterball and it worked lol
    Caught Mewtwo with a normall pokeball for the 2nd time in my life.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • Lol thanks for sayin thanks, I had no idea myself, not that it matters, I'd need a Japanese copy.
    Morty's official art:
    Spoiler:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Lol thanks for sayin thanks, I had no idea myself, not that it matters, I'd need a Japanese copy.
    Morty's official art:
    Spoiler:

So it seems Gym Leader art and more are coming in. Seeing Morty here, his new look came out really well. A lot better than the first in my opinion and it works with his Ghost Gym theme as well. The only thing that bothers me is his shift in leg alignment as you move down, but I understand what the concept of it is.

Overall though, very nice and when the others Gym Leaders are shown I expect it to be just as, equally or even better compared to Morty's new art.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    The whole Sinnoh/Hoenn sound things are unique!
    Also, Latios/Latias go more background story with the Crystal thingy

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When I first saw Bugsys it looked old to me. Maybe its just me but I hate it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Falkner and Whitney are cool. I love Whitney's striped socks and Falkner's posture just shows tough guy all around. As for Bugsy, he's alright but his artwork doesn't seem to attract me like the others. He was never one of my favorite Gym Leaders, but he's done quite well compared to his artwork since the originals.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back