• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I have one question, WHEN IS THE NA RELEASE DATE!?
    As I mentioned above, all that is known for the American release date as well as the European realease date is that the games shall be released sometime in Spring of 2010. This time frame ranges from late March to Mid June. Keep up-to-date on all official nintendo and Pokémon sites for further information on HeartGold and SoulSilver's English release dates.

Just to note, all questions about the game and information about the game can be asked here at the HG/SS Help Thread. This thread is made for discussion on released news relating to that of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • is this game coming out in the U.S. if so when
    As said, the game's will be releasing in the US as well as in other countries around the world. However, the exact release date has not been confirmed as yet. All that is known for the American release date is that it will be during the time of Spring 2010. Keep up to date on sites such as the Official Nintendo or Pokémon site, or reliable sources such as Serebii.net.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    If all we know is that the release date is 2010, nintendo will try and surprise us by releasing by the end of november, so it will be the big Christmas item. A good strategy in my opinion.

Did they re-do the Olivine gym? I'd like to see a steel gym with something besides rocks and a leader. Maybe a few trainers inside to warm us up to steel pokemon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • If all we know is that the release date is 2010, nintendo will try and surprise us by releasing by the end of november, so it will be the big Christmas item. A good strategy in my opinion.

Did they re-do the Olivine gym? I'd like to see a steel gym with something besides rocks and a leader. Maybe a few trainers inside to warm us up to steel pokemon.
    The release date is not just 2010 though, but Spring 2010 i.e. March to May of 2010 (seeing they're talking about the Northern Hemisphere's Spring). Over a year to do what they do is unlikely in the first place as well, looking at how long the break is for the recent games like Platinum (far closer to half a year long gap).

Also no they didn't, it's pretty similar to before (just better graphically). Probably because the gym puzzle arguably begins from the Lighthouse first, then involves after climbing it up surfing the sea, getting the SecretPotion and all, just to get Jasmine back in. A lot of other gyms though are redesigned.

thelaytonmobile

Beginning Reading Your Message
    Years
  • Something I have been wondering is the purpose of the "shining leaf" thingy (Serebii has a page, but I'm too lazy to link right now). Maybe, just maybe, it increases shiny Pokemon chances in some way. After all, the Pokeradar is gone, and finding 6 shiny leaves might take a long time. I just wonder if it has any purpose other than getting you a star on your trainer card or whatever it does.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The basic purpose of obtaining the Shiny Leaf on your Pokémon is to simply have a star added to your Trainer Card. You collect one, visit Kotone and she'll want you to find five in all. Find the five, come back to her and she'll revert those Shiny Leaves to a Trainer Card star. You can basically say this star is a replacement of the Sinnoh Underground star that was removed seeing as that feature wasn't introduced to the GSDS remakes.

Regardless, if you ever feel you're not lazy, here's a quick link to check up all about it: The Shining Leaf

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So I was wondering, now that we have 2 extra regions since johto's introduction, are the pokemon in the johto region going to be johto/kanto like in GSC, or will it have all 4 region's pokemon mixed in?
    Are the hoenn/sinnoh pokemon going to be trade exclusive, like how hoenn pokemon were in FR/LG?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So I was wondering, now that we have 2 extra regions since johto's introduction, are the pokemon in the johto region going to be johto/kanto like in GSC, or will it have all 4 region's pokemon mixed in?
    Are the hoenn/sinnoh pokemon going to be trade exclusive, like how hoenn pokemon were in FR/LG?
    Pokemon catchable in Johto are all Johto/Kanto ones only (bar the very odd few you can evolve e.g. Tangela --> Tangrowth) until you get the Nat Dex (beat the Elite Four and talk to Oak in Olivine Port) when you can start finding 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon as well in Johto/Kanto, in headbutt trees, bug catching comp on Thursdays and Saturdays and the Safari Zone, and also in the wild IF you're playing a tune on the in-game radio which brings them out (Hoenn Sound on Wednesdays, Sinnoh Sound on Thursdays). Besides that still Johto/Kanto Pokemon, but plenty of ways to get the other ones.

And no, you can trade any Pokemon over from D/P/Pt to HG/SS once you get the normal Pokedex - so basically as soon as you're allowed to trade, really with no restrictions. Next time try the FAQ and if a question isn't covered there use the Help thread. =)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Double posting away only because there's some new info!

New info, you say? How can that be? Only if there's... english screenshots concerned!

https://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=13819

The 'new', more english pictures are in the spoiler.
    Spoiler:
    There are three others but they don't show any text and were the same as screenshots released for the Japanese game anyway.

Rocket by the Radio Tower says the same thing as he did in GSC, it appears. More interestingly, Gold is referred to by Elm as 'Soul' (but without capslock and probably not 100% confimation that's his english name... but possible nonetheless? IDK). Hopefully Gold remains Gold officially and doesn't become Heart/Soul though. =/ Could be just naming the character with the name of the game thing going on, after all. And Silver is no longer ??? - he's a 'Passerby Boy' now!

... I kinda miss the ??? thing slightly, actually, but oh well. I don't believe he had any question marks in the Japanese versions... Also now we know what text looks like for places (like Sprout Tower), and some dialogue describing Chikorita in a Pokeball/Dex Entry and the menu options' titles on the touch screen. Also Pidgey dex entry!

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • It's great to see some new information. Nothing majorly new, but English screen shots nevertheless. This could only mean an official release date for the English copy is right around the corner, but we'll see (I don't know...). For the mentioned name of "Soul," I wouldn't think it'll be his official name, but more so just going by the game's title to fit. At least I would hope it isn't Gold's new name, as I prefer Gold more so than Soul (especially him being a boy).

Anyway, It's kind of a downer that ??? isn't ??? anymore, but now "Passerby Boy." It just strikes me as a little odd on why they would change it, but regardless I was always going to change his name to Silver at the end anyway.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its been announced that Nintendo Korea has announced the release date for HGSS there which is February 4. Im starting to get excited but I will be slightly uncomfortable if we dont get it before that date.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Its been announced that Nintendo Korea has announced the release date for HGSS there which is February 4. Im starting to get excited but I will be slightly uncomfortable if we dont get it before that date.
    If what you say is official about Korea's released date for the games, then I can say the US won't be getting their release date before then. It has already been confirmed that the US will be releasing their games in the Spring of 2010. This can be anywhere from March to May really, but not anywhere earlier than this.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Thats true.... I just hope there could have been changes in the release for it. If not, things are seriously changing :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It seems to be official going by their site: https://nintendo.co.kr/DS/soft/2.php Translations confirm they mean February the 4th and not the 2nd of April, apparently.

Which is... unexpected (although I've heard Korea have started getting stuff earlier). I'd doubt that America would have the release date move towards that given they already said Spring... not that it changes much - unless you can read Korean you'll just have to wait.

Also some news about a Celebi event of some sort, I hear (also that it features in the new movie so maybe it's a movie event for Japan?). Some say July...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ^ A quick read of the post above yours or the FAQ/Known info threads would tell you Spring 2010 for America-Europe meaning sometime during March to May next year. Probably should expect that time priod if you live anywhere else as well, only probably a bit after America gets it. (Unless you live in Korea...).

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • And the boxes, by the way, look rather like the Japanese boxes only in English... I wouldn't take that as entirely comfirmed either, only amazon at any rate. But maybe some more news will come soon. How soon though... =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back