• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I am a little bothered by the release date but the only reason itsokay with me is because it was originally expected for that month. I just hope Koreas gets pushed back! :P

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • No fair that Korea gets HG/SS before America, The USA always got the games first, and Korea gets it last, it's been that way since RBY were made and every game after that, inculuding the oriiginal GSC, which took over a year to translate, considering the technology was back then, in fact, if todays technology was improved a bit, having all current technology connected to the net, we can create net navis XD (sorry, I've been playing a LOT of Megaman Battle Network lately to tide me over until HG/SS are released, or at least until Capcom makes EXE 7/Starforce 4)

Now back on topic, it took 2 years to translate the games in Korea, when Ruby and Saphire, followed by every game after, were translated, they were released in Japan in september, followed by the USA, and the most recent Pokemon game to be released in the states, being Platinum, only took 4 Months to translate, but still they had to release it at the same time as all the other games were, in late March to late April, but still, it is unfair that the country that is Right next door to Japan gets the games first, even though it took 2 years to translate the original GSC over there in Korea, so if they decide to release HG/SS in America in february, and then in Korea in March, that's okay with them, but please let America get them first (especially since my GSC cartridges no longer work)

Also, if the english versions do not include the Pokewalker, I will be peed off

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
  • Serebii put something up too. I saw it on a twitter update. Thought it would becoming out around the same time as D/P/Pt did.
    Article Here for those who haven't saw it.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    It's great to see some new information. Nothing majorly new, but English screen shots nevertheless. This could only mean an official release date for the English copy is right around the corner, but we'll see (I don't know...). For the mentioned name of "Soul," I wouldn't think it'll be his official name, but more so just going by the game's title to fit. At least I would hope it isn't Gold's new name, as I prefer Gold more so than Soul (especially him being a boy).

Anyway, It's kind of a downer that ??? isn't ??? anymore, but now "Passerby Boy." It just strikes me as a little odd on why they would change it, but regardless I was always going to change his name to Silver at the end anyway.

So people don't name him ??? in confusion because that's what it said.

"??? wants to battle"
    "Did you happen to get his name?"
    "??? IT IS!"

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Serebii put something up too. I saw it on a twitter update. Thought it would becoming out around the same time as D/P/Pt did.
    Article Here for those who haven't saw it.
    I just read it, and it seems that the new English Box Art is what validates the date of March 14th 2010 for the US release date. However, it should be known that it was mentioned that this date has a possibility of changing overtime. So, before people get too hyperactive over this being the official release date, it still isn't 100% confirmed.

At least it is confirmed that the PokéWalker will be included with the games outside of Japan.

On a quick note, the box art design isn't all around a personal favorite of mines, but I would have to say I prefer the SoulSilver English Box Art over that of HeartGold's.

So people don't name him ??? in confusion because that's what it said.

"??? wants to battle"
    "Did you happen to get his name?"
    "??? IT IS!"
    If you played through the original GSC, you had the option of naming "???" after they asked if you caught what his name was. Now instead of reusing "???" it seems they altered it to "Passerby Boy," which seems a little less original if you ask me. :\

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I just read it, and it seems that the new English Box Art is what validates the date of March 14th 2010 for the US release date. However, it should be known that it was mentioned that this date has a possibility of changing overtime. So, before people get too hyperactive over this being the official release date, it still isn't 100% confirmed.

At least it is confirmed that the PokéWalker will be included with the games outside of Japan.

On a quick note, the box art design isn't all around a personal favorite of mines, but I would have to say I prefer the SoulSilver English Box Art over that of HeartGold's.

If you played through the original GSC, you had the option of naming "???" after they asked if you caught what his name was. Now instead of reusing "???" it seems they altered it to "Passerby Boy," which seems a little less original if you ask me. :\

Well a lot of kids named him ??? and got angry when they found out you could actually name him something different.

I'm not sure why there's even an argument on something that lasts for about 1 second.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I don't see why it matters a lot. I mean, I know it's deviating from the original, but I can see why a lot of people would name him "???," and I'd rather that it's more clear that you can pick your own name =P

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • I know about the release date in march, I asked my dad to buy me heartgold for christmas and I said it doesnt matter which language its in. Then a week later he said he ordered the english version of it and said it will arrive a week after christmas. I was all confused and asked him "are you sure you didnt by the jap. one by mistake?"

then I checked on amazoon and it said the confrimed release date, then under it it said a future release date after christmas
    https://www.amazon.com/Pokemon-Hear..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260658189&sr=8-1

to tell you the truth I really dont care which language its in, I just want my heartgold :D :D :D :D

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • EDIT: Nevermind I get it lol. I'm half asleep. Anyways just because Amazon says so doesn't necessarily make it true. Companies who actually sell the games often put up projected release dates that change once the real one is released.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yeah, the date is not officially confirmed by any means. It may end up being that, but no word from Nintendo or Pokemon sourcs yet about it, so for now don't assume it is the case. Amazon are not to be fully trusted (believe they like every other store was wrong for the release dates of Diamond and Parl after all, for instance).
    No fair that Korea gets HG/SS before America, The USA always got the games first, and Korea gets it last, it's been that way since RBY were made and every game after that, inculuding the oriiginal GSC, which took over a year to translate, considering the technology was back then, in fact, if todays technology was improved a bit, having all current technology connected to the net, we can create net navis XD (sorry, I've been playing a LOT of Megaman Battle Network lately to tide me over until HG/SS are released, or at least until Capcom makes EXE 7/Starforce 4)

Now back on topic, it took 2 years to translate the games in Korea, when Ruby and Saphire, followed by every game after, were translated, they were released in Japan in september, followed by the USA, and the most recent Pokemon game to be released in the states, being Platinum, only took 4 Months to translate, but still they had to release it at the same time as all the other games were, in late March to late April, but still, it is unfair that the country that is Right next door to Japan gets the games first, even though it took 2 years to translate the original GSC over there in Korea, so if they decide to release HG/SS in America in february, and then in Korea in March, that's okay with them, but please let America get them first (especially since my GSC cartridges no longer work)

Also, if the english versions do not include the Pokewalker, I will be peed off
    ...why does it matter? =/ I mean, it doesn't affect you that Korea get it first, right? Just because before they were slow in translating doesn't mean they can't be fast now over there. Methinks it's a bit of a silly complaint, there. =/ America doesn't have to get everything first after Japan, and doesn't always either (such as with Spirit Tracks, or the DSi? Australia beat them to it, if memory serves). Heck Japan on rare occassion doesn't get some things first.

And never fear, it's extremely likely the PokeWalker will be included. Especially if amazon's claims turn out to be correct, which may or may not be the case.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • why does it matter? =/ I mean, it doesn't affect you that Korea get it first, right? Just because before they were slow in translating doesn't mean they can't be fast now over there. Methinks it's a bit of a silly complaint, there. =/ America doesn't have to get everything first after Japan, and doesn't always either (such as with Spirit Tracks, or the DSi? Australia beat them to it, if memory serves). Heck Japan on rare occassion doesn't get some things first.

Thank you for helping me out, I understand now

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2010
    when is this game(s) being released in australia?? we alwase get put last in this sorta thing. sux to be australian :(

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • when is this game(s) being released in australia?? we alwase get put last in this sorta thing. sux to be australian :(
    Its been reported by TPCI that Australia should be receiving their own copies of HeartGold and SoulSilver by April, only a month after the release in the USA. The only question remains is if the Australian copy will feature the Game Corner, which is very possible considering the game's rating to that of Platinum's. Though, not a long wait for Australia regardless.

Although, many may import for the possible reason of the Australian copy not including the Game Corner, such as that for the European copy of HeartGold and SoulSilver.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So is 3/14/2010 offical yet?

And if you live in Austraila you could always import a US copy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back