• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Spoilers spoiler spoiler spoiler. Pokemon Time line

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    I don't think that it would be ORAS that messes the timeline, it's XY. If we ignore some of the information garnered through XY then it could work. When Professor Sycamore says it only happens in Kalos if you just retcon that from existence then you don't need to worry, it works a lot of the time.

However, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina are floating around above Hoenn during ORAS, so why can't it be that they are manipulating timelines?

Also, doesn't ORAS seem to be following the anime a little more than the other games have done ie. Rayquaza vs Deoxys? This has totally messed with canon haha.

EDIT: Why couldn't ORAS be a sequel to the original RS? Emerald could then be a rough sequel to both?

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Nothing you said was true you pretty much said what I said , the only thing I didn't mention was the creation. You glanced over the part when I said I was using those dates as an example. It's like you didn't even read you just glanced at it������������������

If you're gonna explain how the alternate timelines work you have to give your readers the whole thing. I know you were using them as an example but that's not nearly enough. You have to give a cohesive timeline of every huge event in the Pokemon universe; just mentioning games and dates won't help because what if some of your readers never played that game? Detail is everything.

As for my seemingly having just glanced at it I did read it. Problem is I can only discuss what I know. I don't have ORAS and I've never watched Delta Emerald. When you talk about a meteor with infinite energy I have no clue what you're talking about. Heck up until yesterday I thought ORAS retconned R/S/E, and I hated it because of all the plot holes that caused. It's only now I'm even interested in ORAS, because an alternate timeline is huge.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    If you're gonna explain how the alternate timelines work you have to give your readers the whole thing. I know you were using them as an example but that's not nearly enough. You have to give a cohesive timeline of every huge event in the Pokemon universe; just mentioning games and dates won't help because what if some of your readers never played that game? Detail is everything.

As for my seemingly having just glanced at it I did read it. Problem is I can only discuss what I know. I don't have ORAS and I've never watched Delta Emerald. When you talk about a meteor with infinite energy I have no clue what you're talking about. Heck up until yesterday I thought ORAS retconned R/S/E, and I hated it because of all the plot holes that caused. It's only now I'm even interested in ORAS, because an alternate timeline is huge.

Ah you got me on the first part, I was mainly writing with the thought of people who are like me and had my knowledge my apologize. But you should get it it's really fun

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Maybe Hoopa is behind all this and opened a portal that created another timeline.

I think it would be more complex than that. Dialga is the wellspring for time itself; any changes in the timeline would be linked to it. Hoopa's power really has more to do with space than time; it doesn't seem to go through time like Celebi does. In the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series Dialga only ever seemed to be linked to one timeline; maybe there's a second Dialga? Or maybe the timeline is a man-made creation that seems to be unstable? Or maybe there's a legendary we haven't met yet that's responsible for the secondary timeline that might also have something to do with Mega Evolution?

Ah you got me on the first part, I was mainly writing with the thought of people who are like me and had my knowledge my apologize. But you should get it it's really fun

I might when it's cheap enough. Pokemon games are too expensive these days... T_T

Years
    I think it would be more complex than that. Dialga is the wellspring for time itself; any changes in the timeline would be linked to it. Hoopa's power really has more to do with space than time; it doesn't seem to go through time like Celebi does. In the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series Dialga only ever seemed to be linked to one timeline; maybe there's a second Dialga? Or maybe the timeline is a man-made creation that seems to be unstable? Or maybe there's a legendary we haven't met yet that's responsible for the secondary timeline that might also have something to do with Mega Evolution?

SINNOH CONFIRMED

...I'm sorry I'll go away now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm wondering What Anabel is doing in ORAS timeline since Battle Frontier doesn't exist !!!
    She was probably the strongest trainer in Emerald with 6 legendary pokemon at 100 level.

So in the main timeline, mega evolution is still being researched in Kalos.
    In this alternate timeline, mega evolution is already well known and already scattered all around the globe.

Well, as long as Ash isn't in the alternate timeline, then I'm fine with that!

...huh, I wonder if that other world Ash went into in Reflection Cave was THE alternate timeline. o.o

...well, as long as there won't be anymore timelines in the future, else I'm going to start praying for Chaomega to be in the games.

Let see , There suppose to be One Mewtwo.
    But 2 different Mewtwo appear in the Anime ! How is that Possible ?
    My guess , The Timeline spit sometime after Ash gone to Hoenn ! hopefully now Ash is in an alternate timeline where The Original Mewtwo exist and he will be megevolve by Ash in another Movie.

Also , R/S/E is the timeline where Battle of Kalo didn't took place so Evolution took a slight different path ! While ORAS timeline is where Battle of Kalo did took place and Megevolution is discovered .

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I'm wondering What Anabel is doing in ORAS timeline since Battle Frontier doesn't exist !!!
    She was probably the strongest trainer in Emerald with 6 legendary pokemon at 100 level.

My guess , The Timeline spit sometime after Ash gone to Hoenn ! hopefully now Ash is in an alternate timeline where The Original Mewtwo exist and he will be megevolve by Ash in another Movie.

Also , R/S/E is the timeline where Battle of Kalo didn't took place so Evolution took a slight different path ! While ORAS timeline is where Battle of Kalo did took place and Megevolution is discovered .

The Games timeline has nothing to do with the anime.

Years

I wouldn't call anyone who has to rely on legendary Pokemon to win "strong"...but that's probably just me and is probably best left for another topic.

And considering how the anime works, I doubt it'll ever do anything with the alternate timeline thing.

Years
    What if both origins are true and both happen in the same timeline? Remember there is a mysterious energy of evolution in the pokeverse and these stones may be embuded with it. Megas stones may well have come from evolutions stones mutated by Xerneas/Yveltal's energies aswell the meteor. Maybe we are not looking at the bigger picture a common phenomena for both of these events.

My guess is that when the weapon was fired (creating Mega Stones in Kalos, the beam hit this particular meteor and filled it with energy, at which point the meteor crashed in Hoenn and made what would eventually become Sootopolis. Could possibly be the case with the meteors in Sinnoh, too, but we'll have to wait for the inevitable remakes (because we know they'll happen eventually) to find anything out about that.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    My guess is that when the weapon was fired (creating Mega Stones in Kalos, the beam hit this particular meteor and filled it with energy, at which point the meteor crashed in Hoenn and made what would eventually become Sootopolis. Could possibly be the case with the meteors in Sinnoh, too, but we'll have to wait for the inevitable remakes (because we know they'll happen eventually) to find anything out about that.

I've looked over all the info regarding mega evolution and couldn't find anything that said mega stones were created by AZ's weapon

Years
    I've looked over all the info regarding mega evolution and couldn't find anything that said mega stones were created by AZ's weapon

As stated by Sycamore: "My theory is that they're special stones irradiated by the light--the energy of the Legendary Pokemon Xerneas/Yveltal--fired from the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago."

Pretty sure it's implied in several other places that Xerneas/Yveltal were used to power the weapon as well.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    As stated by Sycamore: "My theory is that they're special stones irradiated by the light--the energy of the Legendary Pokemon Xerneas/Yveltal--fired from the ultimate weapon 3,000 years ago."

Pretty sure it's implied in several other places that Xerneas/Yveltal were used to power the weapon as well.

Ah ok cool thanks for that. 👍

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2023
    For people saying that X/Y is in the same timeline as the GBA/DS games:
    That's actually impossible because according to Zinnia, the Kalos war never happened in the non-mega timeline, and thus the Ultimate Weapon was never created and AZ would have never attained immortality.

OR/AS and X/Y occur in the same timeline simply because:
    1) Mega Evolution exists
    2) Both sets of games confirm that the Kalos war occurred 3000 years ago.
    3) X/Y's story is impossible to happen without the Kalos war, as according to Zinnia, the war never happened in the other timeline

As for people saying "oh but how come Mega's were just discovered in X/Y" that's not exactly true, it was only Sycamore who was just discovering them. Lysandre, Diantha, and Korina have been using Mega Evolution for god knows how long; they've known about it for a while.

"Then how come OR/AS has more mega stones than Kalos??" That doesn't mean anything, it just means for some reason Hoenn had more stones lying around than Kalos. Has absolutely no effect on the timeline.

And again, let me stress that it is literally impossible for X/Y to happen in the same timeline as the Gen 3-5 games, because in the Gen 3-5 games timeline, the Kalos War never happened (Zinnia outright says this), and Mega Evolutions don't exist in that timeline. Because the war would have never happened, AZ never gained immortality and the Ultimate Weapon was never created, so basically the entire plot of X/Y is impossible to happen in the non-Mega timeline.

As for that one tweet where that Game Freak writer guy said X/Y happens during B2/W2, I think it now means they take place at relatively at the same point in time, but during their own respective timelines. Also notice how he deleted that tweet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I agree with the above poster completely.

However I really don't like the idea of a different timeline. After playing Delta Episode, I get this creepy Zelda vibe going on and I don't like it one bit. I kinda liked the fact that I was revisiting Hoenn, going back home to the game I grew up with. Only to find out that it's not even the same Hoenn but a completely different Hoenn that follows a different path. Meh...

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    These being an alternate universe does not surprise me in the slightest as one could argue that since Generation 2, each game has had slightly different events occuring within it. Silver is an alternate reality of Gold is an alternate reality of Crystal etc etc. X and Y are alternates of each other. So there are actually four timelines where the war happened 3000 years ago. I don't count Generation 1 because there is a difference only in available Pokemon, not in story.

Last edited:

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
    Spoiler:

As for now, I guess I agree with Chaos Rush's post. It's all summed in one post.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    For people saying that X/Y is in the same timeline as the GBA/DS games:
    That's actually impossible because according to Zinnia, the Kalos war never happened in the non-mega timeline, and thus the Ultimate Weapon was never created and AZ would have never attained immortality.

OR/AS and X/Y occur in the same timeline simply because:
    1) Mega Evolution exists
    2) Both sets of games confirm that the Kalos war occurred 3000 years ago.
    3) X/Y's story is impossible to happen without the Kalos war, as according to Zinnia, the war never happened in the other timeline

As for people saying "oh but how come Mega's were just discovered in X/Y" that's not exactly true, it was only Sycamore who was just discovering them. Lysandre, Diantha, and Korina have been using Mega Evolution for god knows how long; they've known about it for a while.

"Then how come OR/AS has more mega stones than Kalos??" That doesn't mean anything, it just means for some reason Hoenn had more stones lying around than Kalos. Has absolutely no effect on the timeline.

And again, let me stress that it is literally impossible for X/Y to happen in the same timeline as the Gen 3-5 games, because in the Gen 3-5 games timeline, the Kalos War never happened (Zinnia outright says this), and Mega Evolutions don't exist in that timeline. Because the war would have never happened, AZ never gained immortality and the Ultimate Weapon was never created, so basically the entire plot of X/Y is impossible to happen in the non-Mega timeline.

As for that one tweet where that Game Freak writer guy said X/Y happens during B2/W2, I think it now means they take place at relatively at the same point in time, but during their own respective timelines. Also notice how he deleted that tweet.

Mega Evolutions not existing in the original timeline could be explained by Colress being unable to extract the full power of a Pokémon in B2W2. He couldn't find out how, because the means don't exist.

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Guise

There's two timelines.

Spoilers spoiler spoiler spoiler. Pokemon Time line

Back