• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

Years
    As long as none of the starters get Fighting as a secondary type, I'm in, coz seriously, only the Kanto and Johto starters didnt have Fighting types as starters :x
    Johto is also the only generation that had only mono type starters throughout their evolution lines. Though I don't see the trend of one of the starters having a fighting sub-type in a evolution ending, since they started with 3rd gen.

I just watched the video multiple times and I discovered that he did uncover the images for grass, flying, ground, fire, water, and fighting. Though if you inspect the image links, all they are is png files. If you think about it, those same png files are going to be used multiple times when they add more pokemon to the sun and moon portion of the site. He might not even have discovered the typings for the evolutions, just uncovered the png files being used.

I also don't know of birds that know how to fly losing it's ability to fly as they get older, Rowlet knows how to fly. Since if we're going to be honest, it would be weird for Rowlet to become a different type of owl when it evolves. No bird pokemon that has had evolutions ever changed to a different breed of bird from my time playing pokemon since 2000.

If you know of a bird that knew how to fly losing it's ability to fly then please give a link to that bird.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Hopefully Litten gets a dark sub-type to keep it's resistance to grass types.

Empoleon didn't keep its Fire resistance when it's part Steel.

Thematically Fire/Ground could work because it could be based on a volcano, similar to Camerupt (and it fits with the Hawaii setting). And while I normally would prefer adhering to themes rather than trying to keep the starter trio completely "balanced," I feel Fire/Rock would have been a better choice than Fire/Ground if they were trying to base Litten off a volcano--while it does keep that awful Water weakness, at least it would maintain Grass resistance and hit Rowlett for Super-Effective damage with both its STAB Types.
    Fire/Rock Pokémon still don't have resistance to Grass types, since Rock is weak to Grass.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's been speculation for a while now on what types Litten and Popplio will have when they fully evolve, and it looks like we might have the answer.

Inspecting code on Japan's Pokémon Sun and Moon site has revealed that Litten may be Fire/Ground and Popplio may be Water/Fighting.

What are your thoughts? I'm personally a little taken aback, but they could do some sick designs for these.

source

I expected Litten to evolve into a Fire/Ground pokemon when I saw the symbol of Surfer on its face and remembered that Hawai is a Volcanic Island.
    So Its pretty obvious that Litten might evolve into another "Volcano" pokemon with Fire/Ground as its type.

As for Popplio , It got too many hate because he doesn't have any leg .
    So , It might become a "Fish with Leg" after evolving.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2017
    Can someone please explain to me how this exactly came to be? Like what that person found and how we know it's for the starters. I was really, really hoping fire/poison or dark for Litten and water/fairy for Popplio.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Water FIGHTING? Heck no. Unless were gonna rule with Aura sphere or a new decent exclusive special fighting attack. I want a special attacking starter, dammit!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, I found these, no source, no real claim. Two of them fit the supposed type leak based on design, but other than that there is nothing solid about these. Whom ever did these is talented.

Attachments

• SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?
      1463371514251.jpg
      54.3 KB · Views: 50
      1463371613952.png
      248.1 KB · Views: 46
      1463381029519.png
      227.1 KB · Views: 44
    Reactions: Z25
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Those type images come from a directory that are specific to the starters, so I doubt they're related to other Pokemon.
    I have mixed feelings towards Rowlet becoming Grass/Ground. On one hand, we haven't had such a type combination for starters since Torterra, but on the other hand...it seems like a very disadvantageous typing in general (unless I'm wrong on this). I'd rather have Grass/Flying, if only because we can have a sick owl that learns brave bird or air slash or some really useful flying move rather a slow edqequaker which I fear it might be.
    The description for Rowlet makes it seem like a speedster, so I'd imagine we'd getting a fast Grass/Ground type to go along with the slow Torterra if that's really Rowlet's typing. Also to be fair I don't think that typing is any worse than Grass/Flying.

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    So, I found these, no source, no real claim. Two of them fit the supposed type leak based on design, but other than that there is nothing solid about these. Whom ever did these is talented.

I sincerely hope these aren't real, that Popplio evo is nightmarish :o

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Those are the first fake evos that I actually like whoa. That Popplio is great. Assassin's Creed Rowlet gets my OK too. Litten stays losing.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Even if they are fake, those evolutions would actually be really cool. I'd love to see Litten have a final stage similar to that.

Alumens

Dreamer
    Years
    Is that coding thing from the site really legit? I mean i can be a place holder of some sort. I really wanted Popplio to become a Psychic type ;_;

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I really hate those designs. They look like something out of Digimon.
    That's a good thing. :P

Those designs honestly make a lot of sense. Barn Owls are really creepy and mysterious, so I'm all behind playing up that aspect.
    I mean look at them.
    SPOILERS: Starter Evo Types Leaked?

Nasty creatures.

No idea why Popplio's evo goes from cute goofy circus seal to goofy but still straight up creepy clown, but I'm all for it. That's exactly the kind of evo I wanted out of it actually, it's really imaginative, goes all out with the clown motif and is a completely unexpected scary look that I can't help but dig it. Would legitimately pick it if that's real, and I'll play the hell out of this theme. Litten turning into a panther with a fire tail is boring and obvious for a starter but whatever, can't say no to a panther Pokemon and simplistic designs are welcome.

Generally speaking turning something cute into something ugly/creepy is cool and fun, and it doesn't mean they're bad designs. On one hand the fact they're so out there makes me think they just might be real (how often do you see creative fake starter evolutions that aren't safe?), but at the same time they're too good to be real. I want my assassin owl and kefka seal. :(

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    There's a lot of sand and dirt in Hawaii. Could explain a potential Ground typing. A Sand Tiger is a thing, though it's a shark. Maybe Litten will become a hybrid Sand Tiger land shark cat. #kiddingbutnotreallykidding

There is also a species of wildcat called the Sand Cat, but that's primarily a desert-dwelling cat not native to the Pacific region, so... dunno.

Double weakness to another starter's type isn't new (look at Swampert's double weakness to Grass) or double weakness to anything for that matter.

Water/Fighting typing can make sense if Popplio remains as acrobatic as it looks. Also, the Monk Seal is native to Hawaii, so the Fighting type can originate from Buddhist monks.

Years
    Making Rowlet turn into a Grass/Ground-type? No, please no. Aside from the fact that it would then have an advantage over both Fire- and Water-types, and that we've already had a Grass/Ground final form of a starter, and that it's an owl, I want to see Rowlet stay a flyer.

Back