• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    So I made a realistic Charizard avatar.
    Here it is.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It is made completly out of pixels, but the background is found on google =P
    I want some good critism on this avatar, But I think this will not be answerd as always -,-

Don't get me wrong, it's good, and I like it, but you went a bit over heavy on the dithering in some places, I feel it would of looked better if you gave it a smoother approach. You used a pretty big palette, I'd maybe advise reducing it by a colour or two.

Years
  • Haha yeah you are right about that.
    That's why I already fixed it.
    I made most of the parts smoother then it was before.
    It's my first try to make something like this, I will get better.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That one's a LOT better. You could keep it like that, i don't feel it needs improving really.

I've decided I'm gonna try my hand at a bit of spriting again :)

Katana

Doin' it Katana Style!
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

It looks pretty good Mobile Tsk. You used an Ekans sprite for the repose from what I can tell, right? I circled parts in red to show where I saw some minor issues...
    The small circle and medium circle show where I think the lines are a little too clumped together. The largest circle shows where I think the line is too straight and could perhaps be more curved into the body. Again, just minor stuff. :)

Here's a fusion I just felt like doing:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Darkrai x Shaymin-s, both Platinum sprites. Any C+C?

Edit:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Made some minor changes: Different shading in certain areas and decreased the nose size slightly.

Last edited:

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Next time, try to make the fusion (or "splice") actually look like a mutation of the two sprites. This is just copy, paste, recolor without any sort of blending. Plus, Onix has two tails and some of the pixels on the bottom sprite is missing.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    My Sprites

I'll be posting my various sprites on here from time to time, and it would be nice if you showed some interest in them!

I'll start out with this one sprite I made a few weeks ago. It's an Origin Giratina sprite in the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon style. I used Giratina as the base, obviously, and scratched practically everything else. It was rather difficult, but I believe it came out really well!

Spriters Showcase Thread

Hope you like it! When I get a couple comments, I'll post some more of my sprites and pixel art!

~StarryLatiasGirl

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2012
    Thanks! Here's a pretty old sprite edit of mine that I think is rather decent.

Spriters Showcase Thread

It was a request from my friend at school, to sprite one of her original characters. I might do more little edits like these in the future, just for fun!

~StarryLatiasGirl

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • The Crystal Skarmory.

I am just a beginning spriter and this was my first ever recolor. Tell me what you think but bear in mind that it was my first recolor. I personally think it is awesome looking. It is based off of Episode 34 (?) in the 2nd season of the Pokemon anime called Crystal Onix. I used that same concept and drew a Crystal Skarmory.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Enjoy.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    I am just a beginning spriter and this was my first ever recolor. Tell me what you think but bear in mind that it was my first recolor. I personally think it is awesome looking. It is based off of Episode 34 (?) in the 2nd season of the Pokemon anime called Crystal Onix. I used that same concept and drew a Crystal Skarmory.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Enjoy.
    Next time, try to choose a better shade of blue. This shade makes Skarmory look dull and slightly unappealing. Try to go brighter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back