• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
  • scratch_sprite__37898891525-iaza1.gif
    is he sleeping while he stands? meh just kidding, the shading is very good :)
    man i really need a scanner D: ive got lots of fakemon ideas but if i make them pixel for pixel in paint they turn out very bad.. just like pathetikarp..

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
  • If you can't sprite your ideas that just means you're not experienced enough. Don't expect your first scratches to omgwtfawesome1

@Mobile Tsk, way better than your first two. You're improving already! The eyes are a bit weird, though.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    duh most peoples use a scanner to make their fakemons :l i dont have one..
    Actually, most people make the sprite on Paint. If you use a scanner, you're just making a pixel-over.

If you can't sprite your ideas that just means you're not experienced enough. Don't expect your first scratches to omgwtfawesome1

@Mobile Tsk, way better than your first two. You're improving already! The eyes are a bit weird, though.
    Thanks. As I said before, the first two were just me experimenting with scratching and dithering.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
  • duh most peoples use a scanner to make their fakemons :l i dont have one..
    No they don't. Most spriters make their sprites in paint, pixel by pixel. If you can't sprite, there also is no point in scanning your fakes as you will still have to make custom shading, choose colors etc.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I don't see any difference between scanning and pixeling over it, and spriting from scratch... You get the same result either way, it's just that different people prefer different methods. I wouldn't consider someone's work to be 'less good' than another person's just because it's a pixel-over, not a full scratch (but that's probably because that's what I do)...
    But yeah, as Zorin said, I still do the outlines and shading from scratch, I just use the scanned art so I get proportions right, and as a rough guide to the outlines.

Oh, and p.hant0m, you'll want to set the Tolerance slider at the top to 0 if you're doing sprite work. Like so:

Years
  • yea wichu you have a point there, I made a sprite once using a scanner and it did come out great.
    It is not really abig deal but I prefer doing it pixel by pixel.
    Here is the one I used a scanner for.

It's abit older though :P

Atomic Reactor

the hands, head, and tip of tail need some sort of darker outline.
    It's hard to see =/

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • No they don't. Most spriters make their sprites in paint, pixel by pixel. If you can't sprite, there also is no point in scanning your fakes as you will still have to make custom shading, choose colors etc.
    yeah i know :/ but i dont have the patience to go pixel for pixel, if i want to make a circle it isn't a perfect circle.. when i lose my patience i just draw quickly what i want and earse randomly some pixels so the outline isn't fat..

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • there is mine. I not sure if I want to go withBuragon or Dorando either way it is blind dragon its a WIP

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2020
    My first Spriting Attemp

Hello, these are my first sprites using paint.

f_SpriteAttemm_343140f.png

^ This one is a random mix of random pokemon ^
    f_UnownHoohm_21cf9c9.png

^ This is a UNOWN A with Ho-oh Wings ^

f_CharizardRam_a3d5649.png

^ This was charizard but i made him multicoloured ^

Please dont Critisize my work as this is my first try

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    dude, if you don't want to hear criticism then you should post here. It's nothing to be afraid of though, since it's very useful if you take it on board and improve your work.

Lucar10

Record for Longest Hiatus
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    OK first of all what are PKMN sprites. Second is it some sort of image?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back