• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
I'm not sure what bruly means... ?
I think she means burly. In which case, no. It's not burly.

But... I really like it personally. I think it's pretty. <3 Lol.

I do have one thing to say. Parts of it look polygonal because you've got so many adjecent pixels in the same column/row. It needs a bit off rounding-off.

Otherwise, it's a nice sprite. 8D

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
no one commented my fake dragon sprite... =/
oh well...
comment and rate these

Scratch Treecko
dpmfa252.png

Scratch Ditto
ditto.png

Minight

Narutard
Years
riolu's fine those ears of riolu arent that black thingies cuz that is a part of it's mask he already deleted the ears on the head :P

thanks for the c&c and the flygon and buizel has 1 wing coz i dunno how 2 rotate 20 deg in paint ( help anyone )

i got a couple more which were mainly req from my friends from school and plz c&c im trying my best to get better...
View attachment 43145

View attachment 43146

View attachment 43147

dont flame my celebi even though it sux ****, uncreative, not valid, bla bla bla coz i made it for fun and for my msn avatar.....

and i know im a horrible spriter....

Minight

Narutard
Years
<3 i know my aipom sux for **** coz i had 2 leave in a hurry and thanks for the c&c and can anyone c&c on my chickorita and torchic coz i wanna see how some other starter combinations look with some tips after....

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
K guys, after a year and a half of spriting and taking long breaks from spriting, I've decided to take a jab at a scratch sprite. This is my first one. I know the ears look awful, but my main concerns are:
1) Should I abandon safer, more boring sprites and move onto more difficult scratch sprites?
2) Does my shading look nice?

scratch_sprite__16671555707-iaza1.gif

Atomic Reactor

the shading on the bottom half isnt good. it kinda just stops?
I don't exactly know what your aiming for, but you may one add some shading along the edges or something.
Lighter on the left side also.
And the sprite is small, make it a lil bigger.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
I made my second scratch sprite. Let me know what you think.
scratch_sprite__27698095172-iaza1.gif

whilst the technique behind the sprite is good, scratch sprites turn out better when its actually supposed to be and looks a lot like something, like an animal, person, etc, not an arbitrary blob or random thing. IMO, what makes the best scratch sprite starts with the drawing before it's sprited

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
whilst the technique behind the sprite is good, scratch sprites turn out better when its actually supposed to be and looks a lot like something, like an animal, person, etc, not an arbitrary blob or random thing. IMO, what makes the best scratch sprite starts with the drawing before it's sprited
Yeah, the first two (and probably the next few) are going to turn out blobby. The most I've ever scratched before today is a tail about a total of 15 pixels. I'm mainly trying to focus on shading first because I've always been awful at it. :[

Eh, the sprite itself isn't that great.
the shading on the bottom half isnt good. it kinda just stops?
I don't exactly know what your aiming for, but you may one add some shading along the edges or something.
Lighter on the left side also.
And the sprite is small, make it a lil bigger.
Thanks for the feedback. I understand what you're saying, but I'm still trying to get accustomed to the general idea of scratching. XD

Zorin

Pixies Dance
Years
K guys, after a year and a half of spriting and taking long breaks from spriting, I've decided to take a jab at a scratch sprite. This is my first one. I know the ears look awful, but my main concerns are:
1) Should I abandon safer, more boring sprites and move onto more difficult scratch sprites?
2) Does my shading look nice?

scratch_sprite__16671555707-iaza1.gif

Yes, abondon simple sprites and move on to more difficult sprites. For example, you could've given this sprite hands and feet. A sprite also shouldn't be seen totally from the front, but also a bit from the side. It ads more depth.
Like this:
dpmfa110.png

As for your shading, don't use too much dither. (the checkerboard shading)

Overall, it's not too bad for a first attempt at scratching. It's better than my first scratch. xD Keep it up.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Like this:
dpmfa110.png

As for your shading, don't use too much dither. (the checkerboard shading)

Overall, it's not too bad for a first attempt at scratching. It's better than my first scratch. xD Keep it up.
The thing is, my shading looks terrible without dithering. It was either dithering or bad shading, so I chose dithering.

moonstep

Master Of Pokemon
Years
☼♥Moonstep's Art Gallery♥☼

moon.jpg

☼♥Welcome To Moonstep's Art Gallery♥☼

Hello, this is Moonstep!
I may seem to be a little new, but I still am big in graphics and roleplaying, and so I may post some art from scenes in my roleplays, too. If you would like to post criticism on my art, i'm fine with it, I know I'm not perfect. However, please don't be rude. I tried on these, and I don't want to hear anything like, "Horrible, get a life," or, "Why am I wasting your time on looking at this?" Thankiez~♥

The Art~!​

Not al lot of art right no, just this May Sprite. Hope you like that though! Check back later for more artsies~!

Not a lot right now, but I'll keep ally my art right here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 2, 2014
Try making sprites of actual things. Just spriting random nonsensical creatures isn't going to help you. It just means there's less for us to objectively critique.

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Try making sprites of actual things. Just spriting random nonsensical creatures isn't going to help you. It just means there's less for us to objectively critique.
Blatant repetition with disregard to any sort of reason I may have given also isn't going to help me. The reason I did those is so I could make sure I could shade adequately before I get serious about scratching.

I'm glad to know you only looked at the images and disregarded them immediately before reading a few posts ahead to read why I made them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back