• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2014
    fusedandrecolored.png

i made this fuse of 3 trainers, it took me an hour to make, the clothes have been recolored and the hair was recolored and edited also (slightly), shadings are all based off the actual official sprites, the the right leg looks weird..... xD

edit: I also would suggest paint.net, its like ms paints/photoshop put together

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Thanks, I'll check out Pixen. ^^

Don't abandon Photoshop just yet!
    I had the SAME problem before, but I figured out what it was.
    Your Photoshop is trying to keep your lines aligned to a grid-pattern, for people who need that help. And since Photoshop comes with this on from installation, it can be a pain to spriters who run into it!
    You are going to want to go to the preferences menu (Or something like that, Haven't been on Ps in a LOOOONG time.) And turn off "Align to grid" and all those stuff. Also, if you haven't already (But this may help you sprite.) you may wanna make grids on your Photoshop 1x1, since that helps a lot.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    Heh, thanks. ^^ Pixen doesn't seem to like running at the same time as my web browser in any case, so back to Photoshop it is.

Oh, long as on the subject: How do I stop my circles that use the circle tool from having blurry edges, without tracing over them by hand? And is there a way to give myself more than one undo?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Heh, thanks. ^^ Pixen doesn't seem to like running at the same time as my web browser in any case, so back to Photoshop it is.

Oh, long as on the subject: How do I stop my circles that use the circle tool from having blurry edges, without tracing over them by hand?

Yeah, you have just gotta turn off align to grid.
    And about the circle thing, just change the sharpness... Something tells me you have never read a photoshop tutorial. lol.
    In any case, click the circle tool, and look at the top bar of Photoshop.
    There should be 2 slider bars.
    One is for Size (When using a brush, when circle tool'd, I believe it is for color, or gradient.
    And the other should be sharpness...

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    I'm sure I've read photoshop tutorials, just not the ones to do with circles (perhaps my reading is too specific). I ... can't find any sharpness slider... I'll keep looking I suppose.

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • My sprites

Hey people. I worked on these sprites for about, meh, an hour and a half at the most. I think they came out great. The pokemon are made of Croconaw, rayquaza, feraligatr (i think), a really old ekans sprite, cloyster, dratini, gyarados, and lots of editing. Please comment. I would like to hear about my shading, because im still learning about spriting, and i am horrible at scratch spriting. This is the first time I've tried shading on my own instead of recoloring the shades from the fused sprites, which is y i would like to see some constructive criticism. Im all ears. BTW, I am trying to come up with names for these guys. All i know is the fully evolved one has to have a name that has something to do with the word leviathan. please post name suggestions with your comment.

Last edited:

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • i made this fuse of 3 trainers, it took me an hour to make, the clothes have been recolored and the hair was recolored and edited also (slightly), shadings are all based off the actual official sprites, the the right leg looks weird..... xD

edit: I also would suggest paint.net, its like ms paints/photoshop put together
    it looks great, but i have one personal suggestion: i hate it when people make it obvious what sprites they fused. You should put your own spin on things, jazz up the jacket and sack a little, at least a recolor. Some will disagree; thats just my opinion. Who cares what i say anyway? im a n00b!!

Years
  • A new sprite.
    I was not aiming for the pokemon style.
    I just wanna get better in spriting humanoid beings.

fighteresss.png

I like it, bold guy :D

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • I heard some talk about eeveelutions, and that inspired me to make these. More coming.

Credits: Bulbapedia for sprites of espeon, charizard, charmeleon, pidgeotto, eevee, onix, a cyber mewtwo sprite on photobucket by galahad_mccloud_2, and microsoft for creating paint. PAINT IS DA BOMB!!

PS: PLZ COMMENT! I could use some constructiv criticism. PLZ COMMENT!!!!

Last edited:

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Aereon has too much black outlines.
    Quarreons shading isnt correct.
    On cybereon you shouldn't resize parts you should either fix shading and outlines or just scratch the parts on. Also it's back is too straight.
    Draceon's outlines are too light making it look like it has missing some outlines. Also the tail looks pasted on it with shading errors and there are feet missing on the back.. :x

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • Aereon has too much black outlines.
    Quarreons shading isnt correct.
    On cybereon you shouldn't resize parts you should either fix shading and outlines or just scratch the parts on. Also it's back is too straight.
    Draceon's outlines are too light making it look like it has missing some outlines. Also the tail looks pasted on it with shading errors and there are feet missing on the back.. :x
    First of all, Cybreon is supposed to look like that. I agree with you about Draceon and Aereon, though. As for Quarreon, I'll look into improvements. Thanks, Froslass!

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2011
    Around Insedark's mouth seems a bit too dark ... I have to strain my eyes to see the outline, which is a shame, because it's got a pretty neat-looking mouth. ^^

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • Around Insedark's mouth seems a bit too dark ... I have to strain my eyes to see the outline, which is a shame, because it's got a pretty neat-looking mouth. ^^
    I agree 100%, Kajhera. I actually can't see many of Insedark's features. BTW, an alternative name suggestion would be Necrosect. I like it better, but that's just me. ^_^

I like it, bold guy :D
    Plz explain what or who you meant by 'bold guy.'
    P.S. Plz read my signature. I am just making fakemons for fun, but i think some serious work will make me a better spriter.

Last edited:

Jet Jathor

Pokewatcher & Collector
    Years
  • Hey pplz. I can see that no one is taking the time to PM me for a trainer card, so i am going to make random trainer cards. My first is to the master spriter himself: FroslassManiac!

EDIT: You can fill in the name, sprite, and friend code spaces, i didn't know what you would want me to put there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back