• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Looks good so far, the only thing I kinda see is the highlight around the center pillar thing on the building. It makes it look a little.. jagged? I dunno.
    Spoiler:

Also, may I ask what the green & blue parts on the left are? It kinda seems like water, but the perspective for that seems weird without more shading. btw, I love that cliff thing under the building, how it falls off into nothing.

I'd love to see it after you finish, or at least get more done. Very interesting style and palette choice.

Years
  • @-smash, very nice style you got there.
    Very different, kinda hard to critisize for me, not really used to that sort of style.
    And like you said, it's not finished yet, but it's going to the right direction.

Do you know Pixeljoint?
    Many pixal artists go there, non pokemon related and stuff, depending what you like to sprite.
    Best pixel-artist i've met on pixel joint.
    It might be a better place to get art like that rated decently.

I really didnt feel like spriting since 2010 began, and still I feel empty and dont want to sprite....
    No ideas, and it might be the age right now, Pokemon spriting, I might be abit to old for it...
    But I'm sure I get some nice concepts sooner or later.
    My latest sprite non pkemon related though.

iu8iiukxf-1.png

Last edited:

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Hm.. Pixeljoint?

I go there all the time, but im too lazy to make an account. I post my works on other similar pixel art forums though.

PhotobucketUpld-861.png

Yeah. Most of my WIPs seem like crap. But I can assure you they get better over time.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • picture.php

Scratch sprite :D

I would suggest adding more shading, and try to get rid of some of the black outline. The tail looks a bit odd... I think it's the bend in the tail, and the outline that is present there.

Hm.. Pixeljoint?

I go there all the time, but im too lazy to make an account. I post my works on other similar pixel art forums though.

PhotobucketUpld-861.png

Yeah. Most of my WIPs seem like crap. But I can assure you they get better over time.

Isn't that was WIP means? Work... in progress? :P

Just one question about your current one: Is that meant to be a statue in front? As the colored clothing, etc, makes it look like a person.

-Smash

Lv.86 Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Yep. Similar to the Athenea statue, but not. The greek temple sort of makes the scale evident anyways.

The C64 pallete is pretty much a pain.. It's why Im mixing up colors everywhere.

Now for more pixelwork, I made a self-portrait while taking a break from the above scene, btw.

PhotobucketUpld-835.png

It's like, 97.5 accurate.. I think.

Last edited:

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • The fire starter has too straight legs. (durr painttool.. :/)

The skulls are looking to much at the one who's playing. It should look diagonal focusing on the foe. Same problem for your fat cat.

The grass snake is looking too sideway. It should also be placed diagonal. Same for that ball thing on legs and the Dinosaur.

I see you used the oval paint tool for the fishies. It just looks like a Fish who grows bigger and bigger. Getting a few more details. It fails in originality.

Generally you should look for a shading tutorial. The shading isn't really good.

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
    Years
  • hey guys i had this weird idea for a pokemon were its tongue had taken over its body so i made a simple sprite with lickitungs tounge and mouth and made....tongtver!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Basically, it's an old sprite with HG/SS styled overworld sprites.

tadittle.png

Constructive critism is appreciated!

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    what do you think of my trainer sprite in my avatar? It was an entirely original design in the first place, but then the HGSS sprites came about and silver had most of what I was looking for, so... mainly, how did I do on the torso?

I like Ret's sprites. Very nice, IMO.

sandeon

My Brand!
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2022
    I mix sprites on the games with others from the games, but whenever i save it it blurrs the sprite making it unable to do anything with and just looks bad, how do I make it stop doing that?

Tsukiyo

Pokemon Origin Crisis Lead
    Years
  • sandeon - Try changing the image format you're saving in. To do this, use the drop-down box below the box you type the file name in when you go to save it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 21, 2023
    Here's a Pikachu I made that I'm going to be using for my title screen for a hack. Tell me what you think. Don't steal it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back