• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Oh damn, Zephyr, you beat me to the punch. I was going to sprite them and be like hai gaiz i did viz 4 uuuu!!!!!!!11 and I'd become super-famous and stuff but no you have to go and ruin my one chance at fame. ]=

Anyway, they're really good sprites, but unfortunately it seems Zoroa is... drunk. XD;; Seriously, you may want to work on the eyelids a bit - are they really blue? Anyway, Zoroark's sprite doesn't convey the 'monster fox' Pokémon effect that the sugi. art does - the arms look very flimsy and he's got this 'lolwat' expression on his face.

But I'm just being picky - real great job you've done there, Zephyr.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • I hate the new 5'th gen sprites.
    Zoroark I hate the most.
    Thats why I sprited him in gba style.

Zoroark_by_Bakura155.gif

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    My last Pixel Art post as a mod, I just wanted to thank a few of you guys for making my time as mod here an over all enjoyable run. I'd also like to thank Chesu for his dedicated tutorials. As for the majority of rule breakers (read - rom hackers) learn to actually do stuff yourself, the talented people here aren't just tools for your half arsed games.

Years

• Oh damn, Zephyr, you beat me to the punch. I was going to sprite them and be like hai gaiz i did viz 4 uuuu!!!!!!!11 and I'd become super-famous and stuff but no you have to go and ruin my one chance at fame. ]=

Anyway, they're really good sprites, but unfortunately it seems Zoroa is... drunk. XD;; Seriously, you may want to work on the eyelids a bit - are they really blue? Anyway, Zoroark's sprite doesn't convey the 'monster fox' Pokémon effect that the sugi. art does - the arms look very flimsy and he's got this 'lolwat' expression on his face.

But I'm just being picky - real great job you've done there, Zephyr.

Thanks for the tips! As per your advice and some from Deviantart, I've edited 'em. And yes the eyes really are blue and the eyelids red.
    zoruasprites2.gif

Chibi Robo, I like your sprite! ^^ ...You've got a number of details wrong, though. I don't know if that was your intention, but I'd suggest consulting an official reference for the colors and the markings. Also, your method of spriting hair is sort of amorphous. Make sure to define the shape and shade accordingly.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Chibi Robo, I like your sprite! ^^ ...You've got a number of details wrong, though. I don't know if that was your intention, but I'd suggest consulting an official reference for the colors and the markings. Also, your method of spriting hair is sort of amorphous. Make sure to define the shape and shade accordingly.
    Some of the details I just left out because it just made the sprite seem uglier and I didn't feel like messing with it at the time. I mostly did the zoroark sprite in my kind of style. Trying also to fit it in gba standards. I also need to really work on spriting hair textures XD
    I probably wont be working on to fix the sprite but I do appreciate the constructive criticism, I might try applying that to some of my future sprites.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • My Very VERY first Sprite Ever (To be posted)

Okay you can critisise any way you like just keep in mind i will only read helpful critisism (If Any) so here is the Sprite..
    or if thats to small
    dpajxj.jpg

Chipdachimchar

Chimchar Master
    Years
  • save it as a png and if you did save as png its probably bigger than the png size limit
    so just move the sprite in the corner of the page and shrink the white box on mspaint if thats what your using

hope i could help ;)

Years
  • I'm relaitively new to this board, and what way to celebrate that then with a sprite

Here's my interpretation of Zoroark, to me his standing pose is too Lucario like, so I put him on all fours.

zoroark-1.png

I'm not too satisfied with the shading, I feel that I've done it a little too much like the D/P shading which I dispise. Maybe one day I'll colour it a little better.

Also, random aggron sprite

agg-1.png

I know his horns are short, but I wanted to try fit him into the 80x80 grid...even though I blew it in the end with his tail.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • I'm relaitively new to this board, and what way to celebrate that then with a sprite

Here's my interpretation of Zoroark, to me his standing pose is too Lucario like, so I put him on all fours.

zoroark-1.png

I'm not too satisfied with the shading, I feel that I've done it a little too much like the D/P shading which I dispise. Maybe one day I'll colour it a little better.

agg-1.png

I know his horns are short, but I wanted to try fit him into the 80x80 grid...even though I blew it in the end with his tail.
    What idiotic modesty...seriously, your Zoroark is way better than the default one (pose), though a bit fat looking, but I don't mind. The shading is greatly placed, no outlining 'muffins', etc. Great job.

The aggron, now, the horns differ too little from the normal sprites to be criticized upon. Prolly, the reason you bent its head is because you made it look bigger, but couldn't fit a head in a normal position in an 80x80 dimension sprite. The only proportion error that I see is that the legs are bigger in contradiction to the head, taking the default Aggron in mind. No problem with the tail. But still a great sprite in terms of shading and outlines.

That's pretty good for a guy who claims to be new but joined on 2007.

Years

zoroark-1.png

agg-1.png

Don't you go to PE2K, though, and've sprited there for yonks?

Anyway, I agree with NiK; you're being pretty modest, and you have no reason too!
    That Zoroark sprite is outstanding; the pose is really menacing and I think you emulated the concept art relatively well.

As for the Aggron; someone must've whacked his head with a bus or something, because his head looks like it's going to fall off. The armour, however, is very impressive; kudos on that. I think the tail's OK, by the way.

Years
  • haha yeah, I never said I was new to spriting, just new to these boards. And by 'new' I mean, I havent posted here much, or know much of anyone here. I joined ages ago and never really stuck around.

I agree on the legs, they are massive, and perhaps the reason his head looks ill-fitted. I was aiming for him to look as though he was charging. Utimately I did him to colour in, the colouring was lots of fun. I'm still unimpressed with the Zoroark, it's not really my style of shading. Thanks for the critique guys, it really helped

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    haha yeah, I never said I was new to spriting, just new to these boards. And by 'new' I mean, I havent posted here much, or know much of anyone here. I joined ages ago and never really stuck around.

I agree on the legs, they are massive, and perhaps the reason his head looks ill-fitted. I was aiming for him to look as though he was charging. Utimately I did him to colour in, the colouring was lots of fun. I'm still unimpressed with the Zoroark, it's not really my style of shading. Thanks for the critique guys, it really helped

well none the less your sprite still looks great ;)

now here is my crappy sprite :D

10pt7vc.png

he is the nameless-rock type :D

EDIT: if it wasn't obvious enough already he is not fully evolved ;)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • well none the less your sprite still looks great ;)

now here is my crappy sprite :D

10pt7vc.png

he is the nameless-rock type :D

EDIT: if it wasn't obvious enough already he is not fully evolved ;)
    going for chibi spriting again, 558122_DG? even though the size is close to a pre-evo's, the way you made it, it looks like it should be bigger...you're improving, though. Even though you still keep that 'blurry body' style. Still, uh, I would say that it's boring, color-wise. All brown, and just to avoid complete dullness, you put up a red tail up there. Shouldn't the hair be also red (at least)?

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    going for chibi spriting again, 558122_DG? even though the size is close to a pre-evo's, the way you made it, it looks like it should be bigger...you're improving, though. Even though you still keep that 'blurry body' style. Still, uh, I would say that it's boring, color-wise. All brown, and just to avoid complete dullness, you put up a red tail up there. Shouldn't the hair be also red (at least)?

Yesh I've been studying chibi sprites XD

For some reason it look really big when i was spriting it, may cause of the zoom, your right the hair should be red, i was thinking make the hair rocky...
    I stole the pallettes off some random rock picture on google, and the red was myself ;)

may I ask you to expand on the "blurry body", I don't exactly know what you mean :/

EDIT: just call me DG or DKG, those seem to be easier to type than the rest ;)

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
  • Yesh I've been studying chibi sprites XD

For some reason it look really big when i was spriting it, may cause of the zoom, your right the hair should be red, i was thinking make the hair rocky...
    I stole the pallettes off some random rock picture on google, and the red was myself ;)

may I ask you to expand on the "blurry body", I don't exactly know what you mean :/

EDIT: just call me DG or DKG, those seem to be easier to type than the rest ;)
    Okay, DG, by 'blurry', I mean that the shadow that you use creates the illusion that the body is tuffy, or at least fat. This mainly happens when you use many shadows on not-so-much-of-a-sized sprite. Here's an example:
    j959w9.png

The left one is normal, while the other one is the 'blurry' one. It's not a bad thing, but doesn't suit pokemon and their bodies, in general, except if they are made of a certain material that requires blurriness.

558122_DG

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2021
    PIKACHU COLOURED CHARMANDER - For The Win

onepoke.png

( Copyright Me)

well, you kinda ruined it ^^'
    Maybe try something besides a recolor :)

Okay, DG, by 'blurry', I mean that the shadow that you use creates the illusion that the body is tuffy, or at least fat. This mainly happens when you use many shadows on not-so-much-of-a-sized sprite. Here's an example:
    j959w9.png

The left one is normal, while the other one is the 'blurry' one. It's not a bad thing, but doesn't suit pokemon and their bodies, in general, except if they are made of a certain material that requires blurriness.

kk, I see what you mean, you think that the shading should be more straight, rite?

EDIT: the lighter color should be less used too?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back