• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreemxweever

Full fledged auto mechanic
Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    mhm, i can tell that wasnt easy at all. too me, scratch is harder than hell. but anyways.. yeah, if you look into a few pages ago, you'll see i posted a bit of my work, it was basicly a heavy edit of a FR/LG sprite and Kaku made it look amazing and im still working on some shading on it. Also, most of my actual pokemon work is in my own thread (The Weaver's Works) But keep working on your little rock sprite, i cant wait to see what he looks like when you're finished

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Yeah i saw your sprite I was following you work on it, I tend to lurk more then I post but yeah, I can't wait to see the finished sprite either haha.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    ZOMG OFF TOPIC! My newest OWs and etc.
    4dnigwh.png

OWs for Vircalf, Samson's Tauros/Miltank pre-evo.
    29ql7jk.png

2j1myac.png

Team Shadox
    42kv29c.png

Male Artist
    4h7s5yw.png

Ben 10, a request
    4cl44no.png

Fire Breather
    2iixuo8.png

FR/LG Male hero in D/P style
    4fzdgqv.png

Kid Gold- fairly old
    That's all for now

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    nice, they're all pretty awesome at a glace. especially the team shadox<3
    but, i think you might wanna tweak the outline on the Vircalf. too mcuh black X_X i think.
    lol, imo the painter looks a little feminine! i think its the girly hair. or pose, but im not thats sure :x

still, rockin my socks, keept it up everyone.

If i were you, dreemxweever. id get rid of that picture from your post.
    its very offensive and some poeple might get upset. :s i can tell you, i cant see very much funny in it.

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
    Years
  • Hey I've been doing alot of spriting lately.... but I don't want to post most of 'em, since I'm planning a comic...

anyway, here's a sprite I did just to keep up my skillz...
    :P

yugixdmy8.png

I did Spongebob and Patrick too, but I seem to have left them at home (working at an internet cafe.)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Jake: The hat for the artist's OW looks very flat and well, needs depth, Firebreather looks perfect except for the fact his hat's a little too big. The fakemon overworld is a little too small, it seems awful blocky too.

AJUST: It looks very nice, although the hair is a little too blocky, also you should use a lighter black.

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    K everyone... I have a new sprite... who still has no name :)

trainer4.png

yess, he needs a load of work. comments?

dreemxweever

Years
    • Age 31
    • U.S.
    • Seen May 3, 2010
    yeah, i could not figure the capre out.. it was a pain in the neck just to do that.. ahh well i shall work on it tonight and be back tomorrow with a new one.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Rockon.png

Alright, I cahnged up the color of the pants, they seemed to be too bright. Also, Added another shade of green and tried to fix that chest, but still haveing trouble.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • o_o jake, awesome as always! i don't know much about overworld spriting, but you are really improving. i'm not sure if you saw my post at Acanthite forums, but if you did, i meant it! your trainer sprites are almost flawless... the artist needs some darker outlining and lighter shading for the right arm (our left), and some darker outlining for the apron. can't wait to see more ^.^

ajust: very nice. i don't like yugioh but those overworlds are real neat. and as somebody previously mentioned, there's too much black. it's not that there IS too much black, but it's too dark of a black. you may want to look at a standard overworld and you'll see that the black is more of a dark greyish shade.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    uf.png

There ya go UF, I pointed out the main problems for ya, fix those up and it should be awesome.

Dream, I'm liking it, you've definitely improved since I first started giving you crit, keep it up ^_^b

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Rockon.png

Alright, I cahnged up the color of the pants, they seemed to be too bright. Also, Added another shade of green and tried to fix that chest, but still haveing trouble.

It was a gramatic improvement over the first one. With Kaku's help it should look really good. XD

I already posted this in my MegaDex thread, but I was just looking for some extra feedback on this. Just a random Horsea sprite I decided to do. I was experimenting with a different style with a smaller color palette and more dithering.

Custom-Horsea.png

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    About the OWs for Vircalf, I messed up on the outline. I forgot that only Poke'mon with dark blue, grey, and black are supposed to have black outlines. The rest just get a very dark color of there lightest color. And Samson, yes I did. Thanks :D.
    Neo: There all nice, but the Danny Phantom sprites seems to not have any outline in some areas, but good for a scratch

Years
  • Holy crap. ._.

I'm... back.
    2s9puli.png

Improved, too.
    Meet Boxoss.
    (OLD VERSION ON RIGHT, NEW ON LEFT)
    Leave the right one alone, CC the left.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • There hasn't been a good scratch sprite in her for a while. Like, completely and utterly scratch, or a mass heavy edit poke'mon (not trainer) sprite. Not sure what it is, though. It's very good, the gray/silver goes well with the green, and the shadings pretty much perfect, I don't knw abou anyne else, but I think it is an exceptional sprite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back