• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
  • That's really completely different. Those are finished, professional sprites from an official game on the market where the creators are actually making money. =\

It really isn't that hard to actually type out the things wrong with a sprite. I know personally, I'd rather be given specifics about what to improve than have someone just completely change my original sprite. If Esupio doesn't mind though, there's no point in discussing this.

I love the tank sprite, Opacus. The palette looks wonderful and the animation pwns. Thank god you fixed the angle of the wheels though. It looked awkward originally, but now it looks excellent. XD

actually, the angle of the hind wheel seems a little off. it looks awfully wide in comparison to both that band thing and the frontal wheel. the wheel itself doesn't need adjusting, just the contour of the wheel width. but i totally agree... that's an awesome sprite.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2018
    newq.png

I just made this. First I combined about 4 different D/P sprites, did some customizing (color changes, slight shape changes), then found clouds made by Atari, used a friend's grass, and created a 3-D look; the grass loses color as it moves backward to create depth. Don't forget the shadows and one of my favorites Pokémon, Leafia o: I believe this is the correct location to post this.

I'd like to hear what some of you have to say.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    That's really completely different. Those are finished, professional sprites from an official game on the market where the creators are actually making money. =\

So? People still made the sprites, from scratch, spent time getting them right. Isn;t that the whole reason why people shouldn;t edit others work?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If I showcase a sprite here, I'd rather receive c+c than have someone come along and edit my work. Why? Cause I'd rather have someone point out what's wrong so that I can fix it, and so that I can improve. heh, lot of tags here aye? XD;;

I know other people may think otherwise, but having your work edited by someone else really doesn't benifit you. It's like asking the teacher how to answer a question, and then having it done for you instead of it being explained step by step. And in my opinion, it takes away all the effort you originally put into the piece.

... which is like blowing up a balloon, and then having someone deflate it and blow it back up again ... kinda.

heh, a lot of analogies too XD;;

That being said, Kevin has a point here:
    MegaFuz said:
    That's really completely different. Those are finished, professional sprites from an official game on the market where the creators are actually making money. =\
    Game sprites are done. Finished. To be edited no more. They are not put in the game so that we can fix them up and send them back. We only edit them for our entertainment. While I respect the original creators of the sprites, I agree that editing their work is completely different

And besides, in this case I feel that the edits made by Opacus were way to drastic. Ah well, I suppose it's alright as long as Esupio doesn't mind :<

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • I thought i would honour PC first with my FIRST EVER peice of isometric pixel art. I have longed to do things like the Habbo Hotel building or buildings like EBoy. I know i have messed up on a few pixels here and there but i think overall it turned out well.
    buildingfirstoq8.png

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    mattsoverworld.png

Not in any particular style, got the wire frame from Charas. Comments?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • If I showcase a sprite here, I'd rather receive c+c than have someone come along and edit my work. Why? Cause I'd rather have someone point out what's wrong so that I can fix it, and so that I can improve. heh, lot of tags here aye? XD;;

I know other people may think otherwise, but having your work edited by someone else really doesn't benifit you. It's like asking the teacher how to answer a question, and then having it done for you instead of it being explained step by step. And in my opinion, it takes away all the effort you originally put into the piece.

... which is like blowing up a balloon, and then having someone deflate it and blow it back up again ... kinda.

heh, a lot of analogies too XD;;

That being said, Kevin has a point here:

Game sprites are done. Finished. To be edited no more. They are not put in the game so that we can fix them up and send them back. We only edit them for our entertainment. While I respect the original creators of the sprites, I agree that editing their work is completely different

And besides, in this case I feel that the edits made by Opacus were way to drastic. Ah well, I suppose it's alright as long as Esupio doesn't mind :<

Could not have said it better myself. ^.^

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Oooooook....
    3z91u8n.png

My custom road tiles with example! I really like them :D. NO ONE USE!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Tyler-chan: Yeah, it looks pretty good. It'd be nice to see you add some more detail to it.

Anywho, the box with the door appears to be separate from the wall. You should move it up a little bit (2-4 pixels) so that the bottom of it connects with the bottom of the larger block. And there are some other minor imperfections, but other than that, good job, especially for a first try.

.:Kaku:.: Well it looks nice, I like the shading that you've done with the hair and face.

Jake: Cool, a road tileset. It looks good, though in my opinion the black dots that you've placed on the road stand out a bit too much. And they seem to uniform, as in the dots should be put in different positions on each of the tiles, just to make it seem more rugged.

~Shadow909~: Hmm, looks like you got the pen tool and drew a random shape. Anywho, you've overused your dithering, and while I can see your attempt to shade the outline, there is supposed to be black as well.

Heh, I guess I was in a commenting mood today~

AJUST

/Kusagaki. The Grass Kid./
    Years
  • Thanks to Signomi & esupio for the comments!

Will try to get out some more, but right now getting the comic started. (It's going well!)

Hai-kun & Tyler-san, feel free to use the sprites I released here which are arked with the "free to use" disclaimer. Thank you for adsking, and please let me know how you use them by PM. :D

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • Well Signomi wanted to see me add detail. So i did =]. I added window's on one side, another door and a pool on the roof. Still working on it
    building2ik0.png

EDIT: I have done more work on the building. I'm determined to perfect it!
    building3fm4.png

Added window ledges.
    Added new doors
    Added a pool in the roof

Last edited:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Added more sprites for a possible game guys.

newme.png

newclass.png

Reeve's a military expert, most likely gonna be the guy who operates the Airship / Changes your Class for you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back