• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
  • Well, I am going to try to make all of Sinnoh, in FR/LG style. I can't make much until I can see all of Sinnoh, but so far I have made allot of sprites.
    3z6xdz9.png

4cimk53.png

2uhpcw9.png

2yxf2pg.png

^ Inside the Twinleaf Town Houses, unaccurate. ^
    These are just some.

awesome, just be sure to use softer colors to make it blend into the GBA look. for instance, instead of that black (especially on the tv screen), it's suggested you use a dark grey.

No one commented on my torchic, so here it is again.

torchicow2iy5.png

WHAT?? am i no one to you? XD

now that i take a second look at it, it seems that the darker shade for the orange area on torchic is TOO dark. it doesn't blend with the main shade very well and gives it an overly-bevelled look. pokemon overworlds tend to be less bevelled in comparison to character overworlds.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • hmmm. not bad...the feet look a little awkward on him, but a voltorb body makes just about anything attached to it look awkward.
    pretty good work. post some more :)

HackinJohn

FireRed ROM Hacker
    Years
  • awesome, just be sure to use softer colors to make it blend into the GBA look. for instance, instead of that black (especially on the tv screen), it's suggested you use a dark grey.

WHAT?? am i no one to you? XD

now that i take a second look at it, it seems that the darker shade for the orange area on torchic is TOO dark. it doesn't blend with the main shade very well and gives it an overly-bevelled look. pokemon overworlds tend to be less bevelled in comparison to character overworlds.

Your spriting is pretty much amazing.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
  • WHAT?? am i no one to you? XD

Wait, you commented? *Searches posts.* Oh... My bad...

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Umm I just shaded it the way I always shade stuff, so possibly could resemble it.

The sad eyes...I wasn't sure what to do, I wanted to give it personality but I also didn't want those big eyes either. Can ya maybe show me some eyse from pokemon that could fit on it?

And thanks Astral for your comment. I drew a line for this guy while sitting in my spanish classs. Expect two more haha.

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
  • @Shadow: Good, i guess, Ninetails/Articuno Fusions are somewhat popular in the places I've been. It's not much, just a recolored fusion, with some funny scratch circles, but it looks fancy.

I uploaded my new heroes for my next (hopefully successful) sprite comic.

completesiblingOWs.png

Here's the third counterpart, although he doesn't have the interesting armor like body.

newkyle.png

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Deghosai:
    DeghosaiSprite.gif

I'm not very skilled at spriting and shading so... ^^'

Deghosai is a Fakemon of mine that I designed for Pokemon Titanium Version (by Crazy Weavile). Deghosai evolves from Haunter when traded while holding Abyss Artifact. Deghosai is Dark/Ghost type, rather than Ghost/Poison, and doesn't learn any Poison-type attacks after it has evolved from Haunter but can keep the Poison attacks that it had already learned. It has an ability that prevents the foe from escaping and keeps trainers from switching out their Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Astral Maelstrom: The shading and colours look correct. However, the hair for the third set of OW's doesn't really match the sprite of the trainer.

KougaWolf: Well I like the design, but it looks really similar to a Haunter.
    Anywho, from looking at your sprite I think you have a well defined light source. I think you use too much black on the outline. Moreover, in some places on the head you don't have an outline, so you need to rectify that.

Anywho ....

A lil Masquerain I did based on a piece of TCG art.

Last edited:

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Groundwormandevo.png

Ok here is the Gworm (Crappy name I know) and it's evo. Since it lives underground I had it receed into the ground while it was growing into the final stage, which you guys should like...hopefully... kinda like how caterpie goes to metapod.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I randomly made a Lufia 2 style Beatrix. (Final Fantasy IX.) She's my favourite female character from the game and I was randomly in the mood to make some kind of pixelwork of her and this is the result:
    beatrixwithreferencegf5.png
    - it's a heavy edit from the sprite on her right side. I know, I know; the hair shades need more contrast between them, but it's hard to get a good contrast with brown. <.<

Here's a quite old, unfinished Lufia 2 style Kingdra aswell (please note that the enemy sprite and character sprite styles are different):
    kingdrawm0.png
    - maybe I should finish that one sometime because I only have the shading left to do, but for some reason I lost my motivation on that sprite. ._. Comments and criticism are always welcome.
    Anywho ....

A lil Masquerain I did based on a piece of TCG art.
    That's a nice piece of pixelwork, Amachi. I don't know what else to say. I don't see anything wrong with the shading and outlining, and since it's based on official artwork, I can't really comment the pose, either.
    Groundwormandevo.png

Ok here is the Gworm (Crappy name I know) and it's evo. Since it lives underground I had it receed into the ground while it was growing into the final stage, which you guys should like...hopefully... kinda like how caterpie goes to metapod.
    Stylishly there's nothing wrong with those sprites. The shading and outlining are good, but their designs are, well... plain. ._. I know they're supposed to be simple, but they're a bit too simple in my opinion.

Domin-8

aka Unoringinally Funny
    Years
  • Got any tips on how to make them less simple? I was thinking about adding some grass on the top of the seond one, but idk. ANy tip swould be great this is my first actual total scrach line, so tips would be grand.
    EDIT
    Here is the final evo. Say what you will. The mouth was kinda hard.
    Groundworm-1.png

Last edited:

AssassinX

The Royal Assassin
    Years
  • Heres some of my latest works.

My character sinbot, lines by me:
    4cj0d2r.png

Ludvig lines by Devicho:
    2ey96k6.png

Boo lines from shawn, luigi lines from glukom.
    bestluigienaan8.png

Years
  • Heres some of my latest works.

My character sinbot, lines by me:
    4cj0d2r.png

Ludvig lines by Devicho:
    2ey96k6.png

Boo lines from shawn, luigi lines from glukom.
    bestluigienaan8.png

You do love the line art topic on Pixeltendo XD

Looks great, most of the shading over at Pt on the ludvig lines looks all the same, and this one's a bit different, can't really complain about the lines (Devicho = Awesome)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back